PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Riverhead Raceway Street Stocks

gzenduro12
12-10-2010, 10:40 AM
We should start brain storming about suggestions to bring up @ our january meeting to make our division even better.

It would be cool to be scored like the weekly divisions when our class runs on Saturday, which is 90% of the time.

Change division name to something that describes us more accordingly. I like Riverhead Street Stocks.

Not always be the last show when we race on Saturday. If we are the last show, more fans will stick around to watch a Street Stock race than an Enduro.

Be included in the warm-up rotation on Saturdays to better dial our cars in. This will also make for better racing when more cars are hooked-up.

letsrace
12-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I think it would be great to run as a sat. night division. I am moving up to the grands for the first time next year and wanted to move up again to a saturday division eventually. I purchased JUMBO JIMS #92!!!

gzenduro12
12-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Not looking to be a weekly division, just trying to make what has been provided us even better. Lot of potential here considering most of our races will be run on Saturday nights.
letsrace...this class is a great stepping stone into a weekly division. There are many talented drivers in this class who would be successful in weekly Saturday night racing.

MSK27
12-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I am completing a car for my daughter Megan and look forward to this season.I was disappointed to see the schedule but am encouraged by the addition of the added race date.There is a lot of potential here and its up to the competitors to capitalize on this opportunity.These cars race well and look great on the track as a matter of fact gzenduro mentioned calling them street stocks which isn't a bad idea.They are a great entry level class and while a few minor changes would help this class all in all the package you guys have had works well.I am looking forward to meeting some of you guys at the winter meeting.Randy

gzenduro12
12-10-2010, 09:15 PM
15.0 sec laps, hoosier racing tires, talented & determined drivers, respect between competitors, good looking hot rods.............not an enduro division.

WEEZER
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey Greg, you failed to mention we race 50 LAPS non stop with NO cautions, wreck free, because us Grand Enduro driver's race hard with a lot of respect for each other, it's a great division!!

Wecome to the gang MSK 27 and LETSRACE!!!

Hey letsrace, you have some big shoe's to fill in that 92 car, good luck!

Gonna miss you Jumbo and your pop!! (cept every time you lapped me)

Street Stocks Rock!!

The Bullfather
12-10-2010, 10:32 PM
You can watch him in SPT, though!

EZMotors1555
12-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Everything 3rd Saturday or something like that would be cool, Saturday nights are fun. Its hard when people from out of state ask you what division you race in and you say an enduro, and as soon as you say that they think of a wreck filled race, so I always say its sorta like a Street Stock.

TTOR
12-10-2010, 11:18 PM
The Grands put on some of the best racing at riverhead period. And they do deserve to be run as a regular saturday night division.

I personally was looking into moving up into a Grand/Street stock myself this season, but the fact that only run a handful of races is pushing me towards legends instead...athough I much prefer the grands. They're a great division, one of the best.

letsrace
12-11-2010, 12:28 AM
not looking to go weekly either. I think only Modifieds go every week. No more then 8-10 races.

fisherman
12-11-2010, 05:44 AM
yea they,ll call you street stocks and give you 20 laps watch what you ask for you wont never be street stocks and 50 laps look at the laps for the regular divisions :mad: and also buy a nascar license and less money payed out

gzenduro12
12-11-2010, 07:46 AM
fish.....just trying to take advantage of an opportunity. Racing predominanntly on Saturday nights will open us up to a new fan base and some small adjustments can make this a great experience.
Speaking of laps.....we run 50 laps caution free which takes about 12 min. They roll us on, wave the green and its over before you know it.
I've never seen a weekly division complete their race that fast.

gzenduro12
12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Many are thinking CAREFUL WHAT U ASK FOR.
Keep in mind, we did not ask to have most of our shows on Saturdays. We did not ask to have our schedule shortened and moved from Sunday, that came from the powers that be.
Just trying to make the most with the hand we have been dealt.
Think about it from the average Saturday night spectators view........they see 25 good looking hotrods roll onto the track, race 50 hard, fast caution free laps then its over. Some weekly series cautions last longer than it takes us to complete our race. How many weekly races were cut short b/c of time restrictions last season? I've heard many fans compliment our division when we have run on Saturdays in the past.

fisherman
12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
start with your lucky to have that many cars to run the grands are what the bb and chargers was now you want a name change they wouldNOT DO IT FOR the bb in the past your ideas are good but your in there playground lol

The Bullfather
12-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Ron, where's the happy posts??? lol Stop being down on them, Grands put on a good show, this is one man's idea, maybe the rest of the drivers will get on board and talk with the track. Things have come out of meeting before! Some got extra races the past few years. If they continue to support their division like the past few years, shows have been added for them.
It's Christmas season Ron, show a little cheer:lol:

P.S. don't take this post the wrong way, these guys work hard and we both know it.;)

RacinRob
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Ron isn't disregarding the hard work these people put in, he is right. The Blunderbust have asked on numerous occasions for a name that's more attractive to sponsors and we have been denied. The Blunderbust are closer to Street Stocks, the Grands would be alond the lines of Factory Stocks or Strictly Stocks.

nobandwagonhere
12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Your right Rob, but also every year the same topic comes up. If im not mistaken, it never went too far because the person who named it the "Grand Enduros" was Racin Rich Johnson. Also, as it was said earlier, taking it away from ENDURO status would also most likely eliminate the 50 lap deal. JMO...I could be wrong, I usually am.... :lol: :rolleyes:

What are you doing Greg, stirring the pot or getting back in????? If you come back, Ill come back....cmon brother...deal?...lol

gzenduro12
12-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Looks like you need to find a ride Don.

fisherman
12-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Ron, where's the happy posts??? lol Stop being down on them, Grands put on a good show, this is one man's idea, maybe the rest of the drivers will get on board and talk with the track. Things have come out of meeting before! Some got extra races the past few years. If they continue to support their division like the past few years, shows have been added for them.
It's Christmas season Ron, show a little cheer:lol:

P.S. don't take this post the wrong way, these guys work hard and we both know it.;)

hey pete nbody said these guys don,t work hard they do get 50 laps inmagine being giving a name change then told 15 lap feature or keep name as is and run as is my choise would be keep as is but i only want these guys to fail i know how they work i been in on the fig8 meeting at bob oroukes house and all so think and read whats written if the officals could get there act in complete order i would come back so know your facts pete:wave::wave:

The Bullfather
12-11-2010, 07:46 PM
whose to say that's what would happen, he didn't ask to be a weekly division. Thought a big part of you stopped racing was personal reasons, not because of officials.

nobandwagonhere
12-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Looks like you need to find a ride Don.

:applause::applause::applause:

fisherman
12-11-2010, 07:58 PM
whose to say that's what would happen, he didn't ask to be a weekly division. Thought a big part of you stopped racing was personal reasons, not because of officials.

hey pete see you don,t know everything lol all the tracks bs is why i left

The Bullfather
12-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Not what was said to me in the stands a few years back from yourself! If that's your stance, then that's your stance. It is what it is and that it from all sides! I'm not here to make anyone look bad, so we'll leave it at that.

WEEZER
12-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey Donnie, now that there's not a "jumbo" in the grands we could use a litte "boom boom" back!!! Besides between last yrs newbies and 2011's crop coming in, some vet has to show'em the ropes, and who knows, you come back and then maybe the "peaseman" show's up!!!!!

rydogg97
12-12-2010, 11:05 AM
first off great division!!lets not forget why they keep the track going $$$ so you change your name and now you need pit passes and the they see they can maybe make more $$$$ on you guys and then they knock the laps down and totaly take over the division then there goes the fun! imo i think the names grands would be fine but thats my opinion.i dont know the purse structure but im sure its better than sat divs. hopefully it all works out:)

Dave A
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Its true people hear grand enduro and they think its a street car on street tires, I think we are alittle more like race cars, Street Stocks discribe them better!!I also agree on not being the last race on Saturday nights,we run Hoosier race tires and run a fast clean show! Fans love the RIVERHEAD RACEWAY STREET STOCKS!!!:cheers:

letsrace
12-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome weezer. I def have some big shoes to fill.Looking forward to some good clean,but hard racing.Hope i don't dissapoint anyone! And watch for "Jumbo Jim" in the pro trucks!!!! Jim and his dad Scott are good people and i know they will do well!!

art11758
12-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Ron has a point. A good point. From my perspective, you should just not try to fix what isn't broken. I worked on a fully sponsored Blunderbust for three seasons. We got the sponsorship by inviting them when we were self funded and giving them a show. The name change for the Blunderbust division will not change out of respect for the person who named it. I think you should respect the guy who got you where you are and leave your Grands they way they are. Grand. You guys put on a good show. Let "new" spectators see what they were missing on Sundays.

GARY"O"
12-20-2010, 12:12 PM
That is a great idea and as far as the problems you guys and girls (msk27) are having with your scheduling , how about giving another track a try ? Bethel Motor Speedway ,which a lot of you have known as White Lake Speedway/Kauneonga Speedway and other names in the last 30 yrs has a new owner and a strong promoter and a brand new racing surface !! It is only a couple hrs away and we would love to have you there !! We have a Street Stock div. (check the web site for rules) We do use a track tire and its 1/4 mi. fresh blacktop and fast !! Check us out and hopefully you'll try our Gem in the Catskills for your racing fix Any questions e-mail me at stlhrse1995@yahoo.com and me and my gang @STEEL HORSE FABRICATIONS and RACING will help you out !

RebelMtrspts29
12-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Don't make me drive 600 miles to come back up there for a night!!!!:):wave:

Brian Obiedzenski