PDA

View Full Version : No NEETS at Mountain....

CJfilms
12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
I haven't been online much lately since work has been keeping me extra busy, but I just wanted to make a quick announcement that things have not come to fruition at Mountain Speedway for a 2011 NEETS racing season on asphalt.

January 8th will be the 5th running of the Frostbite enduro part of the Mountain Madness Enduro Series.

If any NEETS drivers plan to attend this event, please read the rules thoroughly and completely since the cars are to be bone-stock. NEETS cars are being considered "not stock", therefore you may not qualify for a payout....read the rules completely and if necessary, contact their tech official, Pappy Herman.

Good luck to all the competitors who do decide to race!!!

Rowdy Rules 51
12-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Ill be there with at least 2 or 3 cars, see you all there!

jimwhite
12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
thats to bad it would have been nice to race neets at mountain the last race was great maybe you can find another home for us asphalt racers happy holladays jimwhite

AK17
12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Ill be there with at least 2 or 3 cars, see you all there!

I hope it snows again!

Hey Rowdy, remember the February race at Mountain? Here is a picture of you passing me and Tom Stevens as we spend a little time on the infield snowbank.
What a blast...wish I had a windshield though!

Danger83Ranger
12-14-2010, 05:16 PM
I hope it snows again!

Hey Rowdy, remember the February race at Mountain? Here is a picture of you passing me and Tom Stevens as we spend a little time on the infield snowbank.
What a blast...wish I had a windshield though!

is that a snowball being thrown by the black armed fella at the bottom of the picture? :lol:

53ny
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
is that a snowball being thrown by the black armed fella at the bottom of the picture?

Yea it looks like it to me.:disgusted...Probably a pensiltukian that intense invited for the FROSTBITE.::.The next lap he hit my windsheild costn me the race win and a new winsheild (120$):mad::mad::disgustedWonder if that will be encouraged by the promoter again??:help::help:
Heard hes pitchin for the phillies now.....:rolleyes:
Kevin

53ny
12-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Too bad an agreement couldnt be reached between NEETS and MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY:disgusted:disgusted

Rowdy Rules 51
12-15-2010, 01:56 AM
is that a snowball being thrown by the black armed fella at the bottom of the picture?

Yea it looks like it to me.:disgusted...Probably a pensiltukian that intense invited for the FROSTBITE.::.The next lap he hit my windsheild costn me the race win and a new winsheild (120$):mad::mad::disgustedWonder if that will be encouraged by the promoter again??:help::help:
Heard hes pitchin for the phillies now.....:rolleyes:
Kevin
And you'll always have the one guy complaining, ik personally every drive and fan had a blast that day, and those people that busted out the windshield were proudly wearing t shirts that said ROWDY 51

greenflag
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Yes, that was one of my more memorable races of the season. My girlfriend took pictures from this race, we had a bunch of them online, here are a few.

LongIslandJam
12-15-2010, 01:36 PM
FYI: Mountain Speedway would prefer all Frostbite tech-related questions to be directed to their office number - 570-788-7544.

Geno
12-15-2010, 01:45 PM
The oddest thing about that day is that you could hear a pin drop…it didn’t sound like there was a race going on at all because the snow absorbed all of the sound. Definitely a fun day!

Greenflag- If you're there on the 8th, come on up to the tower for a while...

gswracing
12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
i talked to pappy a few weeks back. he wasn' t involved with the new rules and won't be the tech guy. from the horses mouth.
jeff

RocknRoll
12-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I haven't been online much lately since work has been keeping me extra busy, but I just wanted to make a quick announcement that things have not come to fruition at Mountain Speedway for a 2011 NEETS racing season on asphalt.

Well, there is an asphalt track in NJ sitting empty (hint, hint). Maybe NEETS can move their asphalt series back there........:applause:

Maddawg
01-02-2011, 08:59 AM
It's their loss for not having Neets at Mtn....., but we still have Grandview.
And if anyone chooses to go run there also I'm sure they won't mind big chunks of dirt and stuff falling on to the track.. ;)

Philter39
01-02-2011, 10:53 PM
A thick coating of dirt could improve that track. jmo phil

Poppop
01-03-2011, 05:42 AM
:lol:Not a bad idea Phil, that might make the tires last more than one race.:cheers: