PDA

View Full Version : North Wilkesboro

EdR
12-23-2010, 07:34 PM
noticed a big PASS late model race on April 7-9 at Wilkesboro,paying out $75,000 to win plus a 100 lap Tour type modified race as well.Any more information about the mod race ? Are we going to watch 12 cars race for a 100 laps .

Ed

rim runner
12-24-2010, 08:27 AM
I think it's $5000 to win, so the purse looks good, however with the Thompson Ice Breaker that same weekend, I doubt very many northern teams will be able to make the show.

With a bigger purse than a regular Southern tour event, hopefully they will get at least 20 - 25 cars. I think that could be a good show combined with what should be 60 - 70 SLM from all over the country and Canada.

Racefreq
12-24-2010, 06:41 PM
It's $75,000 to win

http://www.proallstarsseries.com/2011-WILKS/1-WILKS.htm#PURSES

Howie
12-24-2010, 07:01 PM
It's $75,000 to win

http://www.proallstarsseries.com/2011-WILKS/1-WILKS.htm#PURSES

He's talking about the modifieds. According to the PASS web site the entry blank states $5,000 to win the tour type MODIFIED race.

The PASS SLM race they advertise at $75,000 to win.

Racefreq
12-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I figured that out just after clicking submit.

uticamike
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I figured that out just after clicking submit.

75 vs 5. Something wrong here me thinks.

MJProcko
12-28-2010, 01:24 AM
75 vs 5. Something wrong here me thinks.

It's a PASS race, That's what they do, they race SLM's. Now 5k is alot for a mod race that won't get much northern support with the Ice Breaker going on. I am hoping to make it up for it.

entitledg
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I went to north wilksboro for the nascar driving experience (http://www.racingadventure.com/) and loved it was much faster than the richard petty driving experience (http://www.racingadventure.com/) and didn't have all that disney nascar fluff

skbob
12-31-2010, 09:13 PM
still VERY pathetic.
75k for fenders
5k for open wheels.
if you compare this to your local tracks big shows, the modifieds are the mini stocks of this show.
SORRY, NO DISRESPECT TO THE MINI STOCKS.
just a comparison

RacnJason00
12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
still VERY pathetic.
75k for fenders
5k for open wheels.
if you compare this to your local tracks big shows, the modifieds are the mini stocks of this show.
just a comparison

Very well said SKBob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlkyMadness
01-01-2011, 02:48 AM
still VERY pathetic.
75k for fenders
5k for open wheels.
just a comparison

You're right, the mods are a support class. So what? Get over it. You want a mod race that pays $75K to win, then step right up with the cash. I'm certain the folks at NWS would love to host your event.

This race was announced several months ago as a PASS Super Late Model event that was paying $75K. No mods, just super late models.

After the ProCup race last Fall had the mod race added, the promoters saw the great fan turnout for the mods. But, the race was slammed for such a low payout ($1500-2000 to win). So, they decided to add the mods to the PASS weekend lineup AND pay a much better $5000 to win. But still some have to complain.

What is there to complain about? The mods will perhaps have their best paying show in NC for 2011 and get exposure to a large crowd. This is growth guys, not a step back.

This is already shaping up to be a premier short track event for 2011 and I think the mods should be very happy to be a part of it. You know, they could have offered a purse along the lines of the NASCAR Southern Mod Tour and paid what? $2500 to win? Now, that's pathetic.

They listened and raised the purse. I hope the car count is better than they had last Fall.

EdR
01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
[/QUOTE]

$2500 to win? Now, that's pathetic.

They listened and raised the purse. I hope the car count is better than they had last Fall.[/QUOTE]

I agree.The race last fall wasn't to bad considering the car count.Shane Hmeil really impressed me.Wish he could have stayed clean,never know what his Nascar career could have been
Ed