PDA

View Full Version : A New year and New Smyrna is just around the corner

MJProcko
01-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Its almost time for my mod racing season to begin as the NSS World Series is just around the corner and the only team I heard about heading down this year is Burt Meyers.... Who else is heading down???? anyone... Bueler... Bueler....

RichKeator
01-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Ryan Preece announced that he'll be there the last few days running the 2x for his grandpa.

RacnJason00
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Who"s going???????????????????????????????????????

Rabbit504
01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
James W in the 79 for last 4 races.

toddlietz
01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Chuck Hossfeld is headed to NSS It is posted on his website
http://chuckhossfeld.com/

burtmyers1
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Burt Meyers

You know if you can't get it right by now I just don't know what to say

dyerphotos
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
just uploaded all of my photos from the 2010 world series. Sorry i took so long and i want to thank Richie Grodski for setting me up with the media credentials that allowed me to take these photos. I hope that the racers, fans, and family members can enjoy some or all of these and i also want to thank all of the teams for making the sometimes long journey to Florida so that guys like me can watch the action.

cheers!

happy new year all

MJProcko
01-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Well, the first posting of official entries for NSS Speedweeks is listed on thier web site 2 mods and 1 sk. Patrick Emerling Mods & Sk's, who I've been impressed with as an up and comer and a suprise to me, Frank Flemming good to see him again. but thats it..... I hope I'm not going to be spending more time at Volusia instead of NSS......

Looking forward to the ACT races too. I haven't seen them since the 80's. Are the ACT cars crate motors? I know Patrick LaPerle ran the last to years with them so I wonder how many will do double duty. The Crate late models have put on some great racing over the past couple years there, if guys like Hoar and McDonald join the crate late models with the amount of cars that come from throughout America it will be some great racing.

skbob
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
dyerphotos, excellent photos, thanks:D

JED
01-17-2011, 06:11 PM
From NASCAR PR

Harvey added that both drivers will compete full-time on the Whelen Southern Modified Tour with Brunnhoelzl III tentatively scheduled to also compete in selected Whelen Modified Tour events at Thompson and Loudon later this year and also during during Daytona Speedweeks at New Smyrna Speedway.

Seems GB III will make an appearance.

MJProcko
01-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Ryan Preece and Chuck Hossfeld have been added to the list of tour mods as well as a mystery car #03..... Any ideas who that is?

Still not enough cars to fill a heat race - website says 50 bonus pts. for regeristing before 01/30/11. C'mon guys I need some racing and bad.....

dually
01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
03 Patrick Emerling

RGeeProductions
01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
03 Patrick Emerling

There are 2 #03, one is Emerling the other TBA. Possibly back up car for him....
NSS entries..... (http://newsmyrnaspeedway.org/newbeta/?p=613)

MJProcko
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Anyone know of any cars going to NSS not listed on the site? I love the mods but if there are not a enough to fill a heat race Volusia is starting to look good....

RacnJason00
01-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Like I said in another thread.. Eric and Kevin Goodale aren't going and Eric Berry is also not going... It's too bad there isn't more interest but i think people are saving there pennies to run the tour and maybe there is alot of drivers who just wanna stay home and enjoy the snow!!!...JK...lol

BOBBY
01-28-2011, 09:21 AM
The entry list goeses to BROOKS UP NORTH . AND HE HAS NOT SENT THE NAMES OF ALL THE DRIVERS.THAT WILL BE THERE.AS USUAL.SHOULD BE A REAL GROUP OF
CARS . AND DRIVERS. CAN'T WAIT. LETS GO RACING BOYS...

MJProcko
02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
A whopping 12 modifieds & 7 SK's have made the Jan 31st deadline for the xtra 50 pts. for early registration - I am not expecting to many more. Only the Crate Late Models have a full field.

SUfan
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I spoke to Brooksie yesterday and he told me about 19 entries for the Mods so far. Some of the names are in this weeks issue of AARN. Didn't ask about the SK's. He also said that some of the entries had been sent to New Smyrna instead of to him, so he didn't have a full list yet.

uticamike
02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Anybody know what time the gates open? The racing starts? I don't see it on their
web site and I could call but thought I'd ask here. I'm going Monday the 14th.

MJProcko
02-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Got to see pictures on facebook of some cars pulling into the New Smyrna Beach Speedway, including Earl Paules so add him to the list of both mods & sk's..... I'm starting to get excited. Those of you stuck up North don;t feel bad it was only 86 here yesterday :cool:

LiquidBread
02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
6 below this morning in Michigan. Good thing I brought the brass monkey in last night. Making at least the Evans Memorial looking more likely. GO HOSS!

Got to see pictures on facebook of some cars pulling into the New Smyrna Beach Speedway, including Earl Paules so add him to the list of both mods & sk's..... I'm starting to get excited. Those of you stuck up North don;t feel bad it was only 86 here yesterday :cool:

BigMac
02-12-2011, 08:00 PM
A whopping 12 modifieds & 7 SK's have made the Jan 31st deadline for the xtra 50 pts. for early registration - I am not expecting to many more. Only the Crate Late Models have a full field.

11 cars took the green tonight. A couple were start and parks. Andy Petree is just having a little fun. Where are all the mods? I know a few more are coming but that is a shallow field. The ACT tour is going to start 28-30 cars on Sunday.

skbob
02-12-2011, 09:39 PM
its the economy,everywhere.
it cost a lot of cash to come down & race & be competitive.
hopefully as the week goes by more cars will show up & the track will get better.
the tempuratures are supposed to warm up this week so that might help with the outside groove.

the team I usually do tires for can't come this year because of the economy & I can't afford to go & don't want to go every night just to watch.
plus it's to cold to just sit in the stands (I've lived in FL too long now, the body does change)
glad to se EZ Ed Kennedy in the Ralph Solheims 00 get a top 20 in the ARCA race!

RacnJason00
02-13-2011, 09:46 AM
The ACT tour is going to start 28-30 cars on Sunday.

Curley had to beg and plead with teams to haul down there... He scraped so bad he dug up a few drivers that haven't raced in 5 to 7 years... Also the ACT Deal isn't paying crap to win... You could win both races and your not even gonna come close to covering the trip down... your looking at 10 to 15,000 per team just to haul down there 23 hrs drive and crews, tires, food, fuel, etc

limodmaniac
02-13-2011, 12:30 PM
is the 100 lapper scheduled to be the first race on Friday? And if so, is that a 730 start?

phillie
02-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I think that the heat races start at 7:30

RGeeProductions
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Every night at Smyrna the events are shuffled up so that each night is a different running order.
I do not think they know what will be the order for Friday as of yet. Denise may know either way if she reads this.
Qualifying (time trials) have begun, so far, at 4pm and feature racing begins at 7:30.

Bobby1717
02-13-2011, 11:19 PM
That's pathetic with the number of cars down there. The purse is not helping the cause at all. I hope this is not a sign for things to come this year.

stoningtonmodmania
02-13-2011, 11:23 PM
on friday mods r 3 or 4 in the line up and i expect at least 15 cars by then

RacnJason00
02-14-2011, 06:46 AM
The only night these Mod drivers care about is Thursday night for the 50 lappa and Saturday night for the 100 lappa

Howie
02-14-2011, 08:41 AM
The only night these Mod drivers care about is Thursday night for the 50 lappa and Saturday night for the 100 lappa

Actually Wednesday night is the 50 lap tour type modified, JOHN BLEWETT III MEMORIAL RACE and Friday night is the 100 lap RICHIE EVANS MEMORIAL RACE

worm
02-14-2011, 08:47 AM
is good the top 11 spots totals 5950.00, 1500.00 to win.

JMB
02-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I think some teams may not go just because of the time involved every day. Practice is often starting before noon, with the features starting at 7:30. Even with nights they have 7 divisions, teams should not need to be at the track 12 hours or more just to run a 25 lap feature. You could shorten practice and push it pack a couple hours and still start the features at 7:30 with a couple tweaks. This is just about like adding 1 divison to the Thompson weekly show, but taking twice as long to do everything.

MJProcko
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
digging out the winter clothes for the drive north to NSS tonight....

MOD11RACER
02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
I think that the heat races start at 7:30

What heat races. The TT Modifieds run time trials only.

MJProcko
02-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Mods are the first feature tonight going off at 7:30....

MJProcko
02-15-2011, 01:15 AM
A cold one and thank goodness for the ACT guys cause one could fall asleep in that weather otherwise. HAving the mods run first really made it a long night because there was nothing left to look forward to. Especially with the race being a snoozer. Time to cut the Mod format to a 4 day weekend similar to what Volusia is doing on the dirt. Might get a few more cars then.

anyone know the difference between the ACT cars and the crate late models? ACT was a good race but much slower than the crates, even the limited late models turn quicker laps.

BigMac
02-15-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm not ready to limit the number of tour type races. I would however leave the SKs off the schedule. Its been a few years since they've had even 10 car fields. At the very least I'd alternate the SK's nights with some of the other divisions that are drawing 10 cars or less. I also would't time trial any division that has a field of less than 15 cars.

Jaws
02-15-2011, 11:05 PM
The first 2 nights shopld be off the schedule unless you like 10 cars of which only 1/2 are competitive.

The World Series has become very expensive to run all those nights and limiting the races to 4 or max 5 races may help increase the field size. Paying a good purse would help too but I don't think any of the classes are getting rich.

RGeeProductions
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
The first 2 nights shopld be off the schedule unless you like 10 cars of which only 1/2 are competitive.

The World Series has become very expensive to run all those nights and limiting the races to 4 or max 5 races may help increase the field size. Paying a good purse would help too but I don't think any of the classes are getting rich.

Has become very expensive to run all nights????
It's always been costly to run all nights....
I think the schedule shopld stay as it is...
You wanna play in Smyrna, you pay for it!!!!

Jaws
02-16-2011, 11:43 AM

I think thats the problem a lot of guys don't want to play anymore.

RacnJason00
02-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I think it all comes down how much teams are spending all summer long... I love Speedweeks down there at NSS, I think the economy is affecting it but I also think they need to start Speedweeks Feb 6th till Feb 13th and not go up against the big track ...

MJProcko
02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I think it all comes down how much teams are spending all summer long... I love Speedweeks down there at NSS, I think the economy is affecting it but I also think they need to start Speedweeks Feb 6th till Feb 13th and not go up against the big track ...

I think having them during speedweeks is what attracts the majority of the crowds.

The ACT cars were definately a hit as the crowd Monday night spoke alot of french. So if you run the SLM, ACT and LLM the first half of the week and the Mods, Crates, FL mods and say add the Super Mods to the card for the last part of the week. Toss in the the trucks and winged sprints through out the week and maybe a local division and you might get more cars. I'd rather have 4 days of competitive races than a week of extended heat races. JMO

BigMac
02-16-2011, 05:14 PM
You could probably chop the first Friday and/or the last Saturday without upsetting the apple cart too much. Most teams don't run everynight anyway. I thought last years field was really strong. I think they had 24 cars for the Wednesday show. Maybe 2011 is just an off year.

MOD11RACER
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM

I agree with RGee. If they want to race let them.

werntonb
02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Chuck Hossfeld is headed to NSS It is posted on his website
http://chuckhossfeld.com/

Nice pictures man. I hope he will continue his awesome strategy. :applause:

Gil
02-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Why only one ACT race so far?

MJProcko
02-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Why only one ACT race so far?

there was two, Sunday & Monday - the only two scheduled.

Gil
02-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Thank you.

BigMac
02-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Only 7 cars for the final night. Ouch!!

worm
02-20-2011, 10:49 AM
daytona 500 feb 26 2012.will nss have to change too

MJProcko
02-22-2011, 03:35 AM
the RE 100 was by far the highlight of the week, although Civali and Silk killed possibly a great finish. I don't think the tire blew until the contact. Before anyone starts placing blame, Silk almost wrecked Civali on the restart and Civali dove in to deep and Silk didn't budge on the wreck... both drove hard, both didn't finish

Was impressed for the second year in a row with Patrick Emerling... was that the old Fuller 17? sure looked like it, just renumbered. Might be time for him to step up to the big leagues and start traveling.

The myers qualified well but never seemed to keep the handle under them as the race went along.

Earl Paules really showed well for himself also... and he had the best looking car there.

time to do away with SK's also - just not worth the effort.

The ACT put on a great show too although I just never realized how slow theyu were - even slower than the Limited late models. but it goes to show that good competition beats a few fast cars.

the car count was down in every division and the LM cars did their best to eliminate many a car as the week wore on.

still better than watch that 2x2 taxi cab racing though.

Its a long wait 'til Bristol.....