PDA

View Full Version : Stafford or Thompson

nwtroyer39
01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I am in the early stages of planning my next east coast trip to catch a whelen tour race.

My only choices are between the final 2 races of the season so i am looking for some input from everyone as to what event would you go to if you could only choose one.

My wife and I made the trip for the 2008 World Series and loved it! Well at least i did. She froze her booty off but made me pay for it by taking a trip to Salem, MA. So this time i get to pick the date BUT....

i will be making this trip solo as the wife has no interest.:applause:

limodmaniac
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Better racing at Thompson. But to me, there's still something special about Stafford. But one vote for Thompson. But if they don't release their schedule soon, I'll change my vote.

RacnJason00
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Thompson for the World Series is my suggestion

stoningtonmodmania
01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Make it 3 for thompson. I go to thompson and stafford every week and 95% of the time thompson has better racing

nwtroyer39
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Make it 3 for thompson. I go to thompson and stafford every week and 95% of the time thompson has better racing

oh sure rub it in! i wish we had as much modified racing here in washington that you all are able to attend. one modified series in the northwest and most of them are late models convert over to mods.

MJProcko
01-07-2011, 12:42 AM
you can't go wrong with either but there is no short track weekend on the planet that crams as much racing into one weekend as the World Series at Thompson.

Gil
01-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I'd pick World Series!

CynthiaTork
01-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Not even a debate, the Thompson World Series is a can't miss show.

mattphoto
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I went to the World Series the last two years and it always great racing and you pretty much get to see every division you can think of.

Goldy
01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
I agree – the side jobs and bump and runs are far better at Thompson..

That’s “racin” right?

I suppose when the stars align the racing is clean, Thompson is still the way to go..

AraceAday
01-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Thompson is by far the best race of the year. Can't beat 15 race and outlaws!!! Just bundle up. Stafford is where I saw my first race and attend weekly, but they need to spice up their shows a bit, like the karting for charities event on Extreme Tuesday! Should be great, but more divisions at the Fall Final (and through the year as special events) would be awesome.

RichKeator
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
For a full weekend of racing, nothing comes close to the world series... however the one plus to the Fall Final at Stafford is the great pit party on Sunday that let's the fans get up close to the drivers, teams, track crew, and even some officials... obviously Thompson has the Saturday night party and AFTER PARTY AND AFTER PARTY AFTER PARTY lol...

So it all depends on what experience your looking for... for non stop racing Thompson is where its at... but if u want to get up close and have a time to meet drivers go to Stafford..

Magicshoes12
01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Better racing at Thompson. But to me, there's still something special about Stafford. But one vote for Thompson. But if they don't release their schedule soon, I'll change my vote.

http://thompsonspeedway.com/schedules/TIS-2011.htm

It's Up!

stoningtonmodmania
01-07-2011, 04:38 PM
so 9 big mod races and 2 50$ dollar shows

limodmaniac
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
So Thompson is running the tour type mods 9 times

Whelen Tour - Icebreaker, June 30, Sept 11 and World Series

MRS - June 16 and Aug 25 ( the day after Bristol..oh joy)

40 lap open shows - June 2 ( two days before Star, I can see Kevin handing out promotional info already), July 21 ( day after Seekonk open and two days before the ROC makes for a fun, busy week for me) and Aug 18.

Can't wait til the weather gets warmer and we can go racing!!!

mattphoto
01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
maybe it's just me I thought Don wanted to do 4 tour type modified races and not three. I really love the schedule for this year it's great

Jaws
01-08-2011, 09:16 PM

40 lap open shows - June 2 ( two days before Star, I can see Kevin handing out promotional info already), July 21 ( day after Seekonk open and two days before the ROC makes for a fun, busy week for me) and Aug 18.

LOL, maybe they will let you live there this summer and base your operations there!

limodmaniac
01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Actually, looks like it would be a great area to live in.... Maybe one day!

Teds Race Tours
01-09-2011, 10:39 AM

I'm sure you will leave Bristol 30 seconds after the Mod Race, and Make Thompson MRS with No Problem.

stoningtonmodmania
01-09-2011, 12:12 PM

haha we will race you from bristol