PDA

View Full Version : 01/19/11 - DDR Names Head of Sponsorship Development

RGeeProductions
01-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Double D Racing (DDR) is pleased to announce that Michael Nelson has been brought on-board to
handle sponsorship development. Nelson will also handle marketing communications responsibilities for
Bloomfield, New York-based asphalt modified racing team.

Dennis Duffy, owner and Crew Chief of DDR states “I’m very excited to get started on this new
opportunity. DDR will be committed to itself and its sponsors to not only win races, but championships
too. I expect the very best of myself and my team. Bringing on Mike to handle sponsorship development
is hopefully that piece of the puzzle I’ve needed to secure the financial backing needed to race
competitively at this level. We will put a first-class, exciting product on the race track.”

The DDR team will contest the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, along with the Race of Champions
Pavement Series in 2011. The racing tours will see the DDR team competing throughout New York State
and New England. The NASCAR tour will also have special stops in Bristol, Tennessee during its hugely
popular Sprint Cup weekend, and in Delaware, Ontario Canada. Races will be covered on the VERSUS
Network, SPEED Channel, and Time Warner Cable Sports Channel.

“This is a very exciting opportunity for me to combine my passions for marketing and motorsports”, says
Nelson, a Bloomfield, NY native. “I’ve known Dennis for a long time, and it's great to be part of his team
that carries such a long, rich history in asphalt modified racing. We’re experiencing a revolutionary time
in the business world, where traditional advertising alone does not produce the results that organizations
need to survive. For many companies, entire marketing platforms are being developed in order to bring
their brand to where their customers live. Motorsport marketing provides such a platform. We believe
that partnering with an asphalt modified racing team that contests the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour
and the Race of Champions Pavement Series provides a unique opportunity for progressive brands to
deliver their brand message to loyal, passionate racing fans throughout the Northeast and beyond.

Connections between brand and customer that are made on this level are powerful, and that’s what
drives tangible business return for sponsors.”

About Double D Racing

Double D Racing (DDR), based in Bloomfield, New York, is owned by Dennis Duffy. A veteran of asphalt
modified racing, Duffy has nearly 30 years of experience as a crew member, and as Crew Chief. His
record includes numerous wins with Don Pratt Racing, Lewis Racing, and Race Chaser Motorsports.

Duffy’s teams have also earned an unprecedented three separate Best Appearing Car & Crew awards
(1988, 1998, and 2009), presented at the annual Race of Champions.

For more information, visit www.doubledracing62.com.

Mike Nelson