PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts/ideas...?

racing#s
01-25-2011, 07:31 AM
The meeting is this Sunday for those who may not know.
It is your chance to throw ideas out there.
I for one have always thought a double point race would be cool...
And,each race,the top 5,top 3 ? ,,,should be starting last the following race.
We all want more races which we should also be pushing for...
Speak,or forever hold your peace...

JDracer
01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Three points I would like to see addressed.

1. Add races, of course.

2. Enforcement of the "racing below the white line" rule.

3. Fixed numbers. Fans can more easily relate to a car/driver if they can recognize them from race to race.

I cannot attend the meeting, I am home in WV this weekend. I hope there is a large turnout.

ramit1824
01-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I think fixed numbers is a good idea :-B

PIT BULL
01-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Letting us know how many laps we are running.(before the end of the race)
Cleaning up the track more often.
Under the white line. Great idea JD.
Letting us have our trailers in the pits. (there is plenty of room)
Transponders.
More advertising.
Make rules/regulations more obvious.
Cry babies have to sit in a corner for punishment. "wawawa he hit me, wawawa"
Guys who ram other cars are forced into the demos with whatever car they used to ram.
Coolant must be out of the vehicle BEFORE it gets to the track.
Check for airbag when teching in.
Get rid of that ****in trough in the bathroom. Its a haven for homosexuals and pervs.
Have a filthyiest dresed woman contest and the winner gets to hand out the trophes.:applause:

DJB74
01-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Three points I would like to see addressed.

3. Fixed numbers. Fans can more easily relate to a car/driver if they can recognize them from race to race.

Fans?.....what fans? Have you seen those bleachers on a Sunday? Maybe we should all show up with a souvenir trailer in tow and park them end to end like it's a Cup race...:lol:

PIT BULL
01-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Wish the steps to getting more fans would be taken. On our part as well as RRs.

JDracer
01-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Fans?.....what fans? Have you seen those bleachers on a Sunday?
l:

IF we get races added, they will likely be on Saturday with larger crowds. How confusing would it be if your favorite mod or LM driver had a different number every week?

DJB74
01-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Comparing the Enduro races to the Late Models or Modifieds is a bit of a stretch. I know many will argue this, but the Enduros were never meant to be a real racing division. The track will likely tell you that if you want permanent numbers then you should move up and race a Blunderbust or Charger. But of course....nobody has the money for that. I know the deal....Just sayin...

letsrace
01-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Enduros have become more of a race now with the lower car counts. Don't forget when we say lower we mean not 100 cars. Enduros still have more cars than any sat. night division. therefore we should consider permanent #s and draw your start pos. out of a hat on raceday like the grands. It would be nice to not have to change your # for every race. 100 cars was a traffic jam. the owners brought in more money but i think its a much better race with fewer cars. The bottom line is we need to get the stands more full on sundays!!!!!

racecar24
01-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Enduros have become more of a race now with the lower car counts. Don't forget when we say lower we mean not 100 cars. Enduros still have more cars than any sat. night division. therefore we should consider permanent #s and draw your start pos. out of a hat on raceday like the grands. It would be nice to not have to change your # for every race. 100 cars was a traffic jam. the owners brought in more money but i think its a much better race with fewer cars. The bottom line is we need to get the stands more full on sundays!!!!!

The less cars would provide a better race and a good battle but the more cars (or 100 cars) provide more action. And the fans would get a good kick out of it. I would like seeing permanent #'s to remember who's in what car.

fisherman
01-29-2011, 02:24 PM
enduro drivers that want the same number get a grand or a sat nite division better yet get your friends and there other friends to get cars out there so it can be a real enduro :-B:applause::applause:

PIT BULL
01-29-2011, 07:54 PM
More action, less stopping.I at one time had over 45 people at one of the races. They all kept saying the same thing. The enduros put on the best show. These are the people who count. The ones in the stands are the ones paying the tab. I could buy and race any other devision I wanted to. What for?? Spend more money to win less?? Worry about banging up an expensive car, spend more time in the pits then on the track. The problem I see is that there are too many long time racers looking at RR from their own stand point. It's a business and needs an outside approach. This place has the potential to double its business. I cant for the life of me figure out why it doesn't get it together. In respect to RR All of us enduro drivers should realize how lucky we are to even have a track, start trying to bring in more fans with any means we are capable of. If you own a business post the schedule in your office and make up some flyers. Stop the whining about petty BS. And if I hear one more guy piss and moan about the $45 entry fee Ill **** myself. Its all we have and I will do anything I can to make it a better place and keep it around as long as possible. I average 5-20 spectators every race with word of mouth. As far as numbers go we could easily put our starting positions on THE WINDSHIELDS!!!! DUH!!!

unowho243
01-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I would like to know if the stock 8s can run dot racing wheels.... i saw many cars go thru tech and pass with them last season i just want to know if that goes for everyone or just a select few.... Also more races

A69pizzoo
01-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Race wheels r aloud as long as they r all the same offset. Terry actual prefers you run large studs and race wheels for safety.

RacinRob
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
hey Steve, I raced enduros and ill tell you what. I didn't as much success as yourself but ill tell you what Blunderbust racing is a blast! door handle to door handle, edge of your seat finishes and it doesn't cost that much more. Build a Mercedes blunderbust :wave:

ps...i know mercedes arent legal in the BB

PIT BULL
01-31-2011, 07:22 AM
A MB blunderbust could have been cool. I think my friend has a Blunderbust for sale. Maybe I will ask him to test drive it for next season.lol

KCEE442
02-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Definetly try for some more races bc this sched is redic,
myself and my family have been going to riverhead for over 15 years for enduros and enduros only, aka sundays when they have the full enduro sched that used to include roll overs and one on ones. Now there is only 2 full enduros.
whenever im racing i get a solid 10-15 people and all my friends are looking into getting cars for this season aswell.

jgemelli
02-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Funny I ran into this thread. I live on Long Island and want to start enduro racing. I have the truck/trailer already I just need the car or cars. I have been playing with cars for over 30 years now mostly straight line with a bit of cone racing thrown in for good measure. I would really hate to see RR go away as did the Hamptons, Islip and Freeport. Trust me traveling to Jersey at a minimum every time you drive your race car really gets old quickly.

Now for me having been to the track sporatically over the years I still have questions about how to enter the enduros successfully.

Now on to my thought

Put together a how to or FAQ of sorts for new people especially those that are not outgoing enough to ask.

Maybe include:

Where to start with benefits/warnings:
4Cyl - great but lots of entrants
6Cyl - fewer entrants but may be harder to find cars
8cyl - good # of entrants but maybe too fast/expensive for someone starting out.

What cars to look for and what to look out for is probably more important

Once you get a car what to do?
Anyone can read the rules and remove glass/interior and trim. Now welding or chaning on the doors/bumpers may be difficult for people to imagine doing. Is there local shop or someone that will perform that for a nominal fee?
Brakes - engine - suspension - most people can probably fix these areas up but for the safety of everyone and a better show for the crowd more well prepped cars would likeley be better.

I'm sure I am missing a ton of things that should be in the FAQ as I am not a enduro racer but will say these things are easy to find for SCCA or Drag racing both of which are far more expensive for the average Joe to afford.

Yeah I know this is an odd 1st post but let me end it but saying Hi I'm John from S Huntington and love cars/racing. :cheers:

MSK27
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Hey John,I too live in Huntington.I have a shop in Babylon and am building a grand enduro can for my daughter.If you would like to come by and take a look or if I can help with any advice feel free to contact me.Randy 631 643-4339

jgemelli
02-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks Randy I will likely take you up on that. I always like to see a shop that does more than basic brakes/oil/belts.

PIT BULL
02-20-2011, 07:22 AM
I actually posted an add on craigslst to find more drivers. The 4s arent jammed up at all. usually under 40 cars last season. as far as speed I woud put the top 5 cars from each devision against each other and bet an 8 wouldnt win. Once your in the 15 second a lap zone the bigger engine doesnt mean anything. I have a v8 Mercedes build at my shop in Freeport as well if you would like to stop by. Just keep in mind there are cry babies in every devision who will blame the new guy for getting in there way. Jump right in there faces with your fists ready and tell them its an "EFFIN" enduro. Sometimes they forget. Or just build a real fast car.. The whole point is to work around everything to finish the race. Good luck.

A69pizzoo
02-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I actually posted an add on craigslst to find more drivers. The 4s arent jammed up at all. usually under 40 cars last season. as far as speed I woud put the top 5 cars from each devision against each other and bet an 8 wouldnt win. Once your in the 15 second a lap zone the bigger engine doesnt mean anything. I have a v8 Mercedes build at my shop in Freeport as well if you would like to stop by. Just keep in mind there are cry babies in every devision who will blame the new guy for getting in there way. Jump right in there faces with your fists ready and tell them its an "EFFIN" enduro. Sometimes they forget. Or just build a real fast car.. The whole point is to work around everything to finish the race. Good luck.

the fours are faster with out a doubt but ill tell you what i would bet money on it you put the fast 5 from every division together and only the big cars will be left. could you image getting hit from a big body monte in your benz or even in my talon, i dont. i would pick my big car over the talon anyday. and as far as your cry babies i would assume your refering to me. its all it the heat of the moment. dont worry bro im sure one day you will have a day when you wanna kill someone.

jimwhite
02-20-2011, 10:31 AM
John were you are new at enduro racing maybe you should look for a car that is already built it would save you a lot of time and money. There are a lot of good turn key enduro cars on the jam at good prices . If you need any help feel free to call me jim white 516 729 5130 :wave:

PIT BULL
02-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Ant I wanna kll people every day its part of life. But at the track %95 of spins,bumps and grinds are on accident during enduros. I feel part of winning is getting around the obsticiles on the track. If we scare off new enteries thats less winnings. In your defense I know how it it feels to be all jucied up as a front runner and heres the new slow guy who gets right in your path. You wanna mash him and his car in the wall. I watch all the videos before I seek revenge. What I do is wait until the time is right because revenge is a dish best served cold. It might be a season later but I never forget. And you better then most that winning is the best revenge.

And although my MB can take a hit I would NOT wanna take on American v8 metal. However I think it would be cool if the top 5s from each devision could race eachother as a final season race. I just dont know how you would drive both cars.

A69pizzoo
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I have done some amazing things before but drive two cars at once. I will have to think about that one. And it would be so unsafe if we put everyone together.

jgemelli
02-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info guys definitely food for thought. The idea of a pre-built car is a good one. I initially thought the cars were just stockers with parts yanked out. Maybe that is one of the reasons the new guys seem so slow. Seems a good bit more effort is put into these than it first appears. I should actually have some time this weekend to run around a bit to investigate further.

As far as being new and causing accidents or blocking faster cars I am sure it happens but really doubt that it is anything but a mistake in most cases. Yes I get that it sucks to be stuck behind someone slow but wouldn't everyone have equal opportunity to be stuck behind the slow car?

From a crowd standpoint I think they love the mess more than the race I took a look on youtube for Riverhead enduro the crashes videos are the most popular by far. Not that anyone wants to crash in the first place but the enduro seems a better place than any of the other classes except or course for the Demo.

Just having seen the Indy 500 won by Trevor Bayne (20 YO kid) I think new people can be good given the right instruction. Likely no but you never know! If you saw that last 2 laps it was funny I thought it looked a lot like an enduro :lol:

MSK27
02-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey John,The Indy 500?Ha anyway a fellow racer called me today and mentioned that he had a couple of enduro cars to sell.If you are interested call me and I will pas along his #.Randy 631 643-4339

PIT BULL
02-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Which car would you run??

A69pizzoo
02-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I would run my impala for safety. Plus I wouldn't wanna run the risk of wrecking my talon.

cerckl'm racing
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
"I initially thought the cars were just stockers with parts yanked out."

Yeah ... they used to be.

MSK27
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
"I initially thought the cars were just stockers with parts yanked out." Isn't that where the grand enduros come from?

A69pizzoo
02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
there r stock just some cars are better then others, some people drive better then others, and some people found out how to tweek alittle to make more speed in the turns.