PDA

View Full Version : 01/25/11 - Wall Stadium readying for 2011 stock car season

RGeeProductions
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
OPERATOR WANTS FANS’ AND RACERS’ OPINIONS

Holmdel, N.J. businessman and auto racing enthusiast Cliff Krause has signed a deal that he says will keep Wall Stadium open for stock car racing and other events for several years to come. Krause has also said that the participants and the spectators are perhaps the most important parts of his operation and he wants their direct input.

Starting immediately, Krause has set up an email address to allow everyone to comment on the speedway. He says that every email sent to CKMotorsports@aol.com will be read by management.

“The fans and competitors are very important to me and the speedway,” Krause said recently. “We will try to answer every email either directly or by things we do at the track, but I can guarantee that every email will be read.”

Recently, Krause inked a lease to keep Wall Stadium open after it appeared the 60-year-old stock car track might be closed for good. The track was abruptly shuttered last September after its then-manager, Jim Morton, could not keep it afloat, blaming the tough economy. A one-race deal was then set up to present the annual Turkey Derby last November.

While Krause supplied the financial backing for this new venture, he said without the help of Don Ling, a long-time racer at Wall Stadium, the deal would have never happened. Ling was instrumental in getting Krause and the track owners to negotiate, according to Krause.

Krause had been involved with dirt racing for 28 years. But two years ago, when his son, Andrew, wanted to start racing, he made Wall Stadium his new home away from home, he said.

“We loved it. We loved the people,’’ Krause said. “We loved everything about Wall Stadium.”

After graduating college, Krause built a whiskey sour manufacturing company out of his garage. And 36 years later, Supreme Manufacturing continues to thrive.

“I just want my investment back,” Krause said in regards to the Wall Stadium venture. “And if I have any excess, and I believe we are going to, I’m going to give it back to the drivers, fans, and the people that help me run the track.”

With a loyal following already in place, Krause wants to attract more families to the track by making a Saturday night at Wall Stadium an exciting and affordable family event, he said.

Krause is planning on opening the speedway office full-time in February and plans a mid-April season opening event for the speedway. Pre-season practice sessions are also being planned and will be announced soon.

Wall Stadium is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400 and email address is CKMotorsports@aol.com.

Jeff Gravatt