PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead 100 tour drivers

limodmaniac
01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
PRESS RELEASE FROM AP, UPI, AND LIMM

Official entries are starting to be received in record text messaging speed. Today, Whelen Tour veteran Ryan Preece confirmed that he will be at the May race at Riverhead and plans on taking home the extra bonus money being offered. Though Ryan did not say any of this, I have misquoted him and have interpreted that to mean that he would dump Rowan Pennink if that is what is necessary for a victory. Will this obvious threat cause Pennink to avoid Riverhead in May, or will he be showing up for the big 100 lap race like he did last year? Hopefully, we will get word soon if Pennink is heading down for the big race. Looking forward to posting more official entries as they come in.

limodmaniac
01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Another official entry has flown in via text and Whelen Tour veteran Richie Pallai has also vowed to be at the Riverhead 100 and take down the extra money. Richie, who finished ahead of Bonsignore in points by one position but lost out on rookie of the year, is taking no chances. Though he did not. say any of the following, I interpreted his text to boldly say he will finish ahead of Justin by 2 positions in the race, as he is taking no chances. Such bold boastings is what makes modified racing the number one sport in my home, and what adds to the drama that will be unfolding on May 21.

limodmaniac
01-30-2011, 06:15 PM
http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activity/028bcb098a9b4b70a5ae37cf43bf62a1

limodmaniac
01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Another official entry has flown in by instant message, and Justin Bonsignore has announced that he IS the man to beat at the Riverhead 100in May. Asked if he felt he would have an unfair advantage knowing the track, promoters, officials, Justin said and I misquote, " I've decided to ask special permission to start last in the race, one lap down." It's that kind of determination and bragging that will one day make the Riverhead 100 rank right up there with the Daytona 500. Now, just waiting on Justin to send in his official entry form for Star Speedway.

BOWATCHER
01-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Eric Goodale has informed his crew to install the special front bumper for the Riverhead 100 more details coming:confused:

limodmaniac
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Yes, just received text from Eric Goodale pertaining to his entry form, and I can confirm that Eric and I believe Kevin, are both looking forward to this years race. Kevin vows this year to not only beat his brother, but to take home the extra money that comes with the race. He is also excited at the fact that he will not need to use the Cross Sound Ferry to get to the race. Eric has three goals: One is just to qualify the Schaefer Star car, at his very favorite track. Two, to make sure that no one puts his super sonic extra strength hefty big boy chromehorn front bumper through tech. And three, to shock everyone by actually getting to the track by using the Cross Sound Ferry. Now that's the kind of strategy that makes the Riverhead 100 such a special race.

limodmaniac
01-30-2011, 07:50 PM
To anyone I offend with my thoughts, please note that I have eaten lots of penne ala vodka tonight, and therefore my imagination and words go down faster than I can type.

bud
02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Modified racing wouldn't be the same without you!

Jaws
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
It would not, Jim does more than most people know to get drivers and teams to the track. You are a good man LImodmaniac.

We are all in your debt!

limodmaniac
02-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Doug Coby has announced that he officially will be coming after the extra money being put up for the Riverhead 100 in May. Coby said, and I misquote, " We plan on bringing every car I drove last year, and every car I'm planning to run this year. That way, we can make pit stops, and bring out a new car each time. Our motors and tires will be fresher than everyone elses and we will cruise to victory lane." It's that kind of stategy that is making the Riverhead 100 one of the most talked about races of the spring!