PDA

View Full Version : Send your email - info@riverheadraceway.com

Buckshot11
01-31-2011, 01:00 PM
They don't listen at the meeting, maybe they'll listen to their email.
Check out the page below.

http://sites.google.com/site/riverheadenduros/home

racecar24
01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I was thinking about writing. do you have to like write the exact words or just you know say something related to that

Dave A
01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
sent email asking to use the red flag when a car/driver is stuck on a high speed part of the track.. can leave the car as an obsticle if want but at least extract the driver!.. whith less cars racing ALL enduros are flying out there..:cheers:

PIT BULL
02-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Why would we send the "owners of the track ideas and or complaints about what takes place on the track?? Arent the track officials there for that reason. If I was in my golden years and owned a race track the last thing I would want to do is read a ton of complaints from angry racers about track conditions when I pay people to handle that. Isn't that the whole point of having officials???

The only thing that bothered me about the meeting is that NOTHING was written down,no notes where taken..

And guys if you have a personal one time problem with something at the track lets face it. Nobody gives a ****. The whole point of this is to better things as a whole. Complaining about a one time personal accidental mishap doesn't help the situation. Sorry but its true.

Heres what I see, If we man up and clean up our act it will be more effective for them to do for us.

SAFETY is first,
Buy a dam harness.
Get the dam coolant out of your car
Remove the dam airbags
Chain ALL bumpers, plastic included.
Check your tires

Show some class.
Stay above the white line
Don't use your car as a weapon. Unless it's a demo
Don't get physical on the track in front of families, save it for the pits if necessary

Second show support.
Try to bring spectators
Try to find more entrees
Make number big, bold, clear and loud.
Try to solicit the track, "Paint RR on the car" Hand out flyers.

If anyone ha a problem with these they shouldn't be racing anything.

In respect to the drivers.

Better communication between officials and racers would help.
Rules need to apply evenly to everyone and be as clear as a bell.
Having our trailers in the parking lot would help. There is usually plenty of room.
In car cams should be aloud. They would help with youtube vids gathering more people as well as when a moron cuts into a guy and finds out later it was his own fault.
Fixed numbers, no reason why not.
Transponders, lol but really what would it take.
Start the lap counter backwards so there is NO question about laps.
Get rid of the dam trough in the mens room. It just aint right....

Good luck to all next season

letsrace
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Some great ideas Pit Bull. I agree about taking notes or should i say lack of note taking. One point i would like to make as far as promoting ourselves . It is definately our job to promote ourselves. like i have heard pit bull and others say i also have a min. of 10 people with me for every race, usually more than 10. we should all do our best for every race to get people to the track . As far as this season we should put a strong emphasis on getting our biggest turnout for our 2 sunday and 1 sat all enduro shows!!!!!! Save your biggest turnout for those dates!!

gzenduro12
02-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Disappointed with the meeting.......drivers and officials were not on the same page. Finan opened my eyes to the business aspect of Enduro racing at the Head.....we are no longer lucarative to the track. We love what we do but not enough others share our enthusiasm. I had many ideas that I wanted to address, but when I felt the tone of the meeting I'm glad I have a place to bring my hotrod and run some laps. Keep providing enthusiastic and polite e-mails, but I feel the writing is on the wall.

racecar24
02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Anything respectful and polite that gets the point across that you'd like more racing for your particular division. While the link is a good example of that, each email should reflect the personal choices of the individual sending it, rather than having it look like everyone filled in a 'form letter'. Good luck with this, hope you get something.

Thanks I will definitely send somethin

PIT BULL
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah I caught the tone as well. The problem I have with it is that I don't think the drivers are the problem. I think the promotion is the problem. I have noticed less drivers over the years as a spectator and now driver but for the most part the ones around are more professional. Races are cleaner and faster. So next season if we try to do all the right things they will have nothing to say about us being losers. And maybe look at things which they can do to better the situation. Maybe we should try to get together with Peter from PitBullPitstop and do a short youtube movie as a sales pitch for more entrees. We could call it cleaning up our act at the track. Show the professional aspect of enduro racing verse the scrub devision. How cool would it be to have less conflict in the enduros then all the other devisions for a season. Help out new comers so they don't become scrubs. We should have all of our fans sit in the same section so they can physically see our turn outs grow. I know thats getting crazy buts its just a thought. I also think if we got together with suggestions rather then everyone sending the same complaints, it would be much less confusing plus not getting answers wouldn't go unnoticed so easy. Strength in numbers..

WEEZER
02-01-2011, 09:08 PM
They should have had the meeting in the trough, thats where everything hangs out anyway!!! See what you started here Pitbull.
I really like they Idea of all the enduro spectators sitting together, might be hard to get it together but if it's pulled off, well, you know, power in numbers!!!
I find it hard to believe sunday enduro's are not 'STILL' "lucrative", sure there's not 4 100 car enduros's but between the drivers, scorers, fans, and friends on any given sunday it's still a lot. Maybe it's just me??
I wonder how it would be if there was'nt any enduro's and not just riverhead but everywhere, I mean other tracks through out the north east always have a strong outing, maybe not as regular as Riverheads but when they do, it's a good number, and if you're not sure what I'm talking about then read Area Auto Racing News and see what each short track does through outt the year.

TTOR
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
If you think Riverhead is bad, you should see the troughs at Daytona. Guess it's just a race track thing.

Enduros provide some of the most entertaining racing at Riverhead, especially compared to some of the other divisions which tend to be caution plagued. Promotion would certainly help to a degree, but considering that the enduros are already deemed un-profitable, it is unlikely that the track would be willing to spend even more money on something they already consider a loss.

Any promotion would have to be done by the drivers, and not all of us have the the financial backing of auto shops to support our racing. Enduros are an entry level division and it's hard to attract fans to anything that is entry level. Honestly, with the amount of money "some guys" put into their enduro cars they mind as well just move into blunderbusts.

nevertheless, I'll send my email, and I'd gladly help out with any youtube stuff, I have lots of 8 cyl. In Car footage.

PIT BULL
02-02-2011, 07:06 AM
"Which gets guys in the sport of auto racing, from there they move on to other devisions"

With that said, If the enduros don't succeed there will be no more racing ever.No more indy 500. No more race tracks, No more troughs, Maybe no more cars period. How will we get to work? It will be anarchy, a total break down of scociety "This sport must be saved on LI" Its up to us. Where we go from here could save the world.

MSK27
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Sitting together is OK but T shirts all the same color[must be a bright color]would be better as they could be seen all over the track not just in one general area.

fisherman
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
with say only 500 people in the stands it would look real empty:mad:

MSK27
02-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Then the enduro folks with there bright shirts would stand out even more!

Dave A
02-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Then the enduro folks with there bright shirts would stand out even more!

good idea:cheers:

letsrace
02-02-2011, 06:37 PM
if i'm not mistaken FIOS shows the saturday night races on one of thier channels. I hope they will show the Enduros since we will be racing on saturdays. If we can find out and make sure we are not cut out of the show on T.V. this might be our chance to attract some fans!!!!

Ka$h25
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Wrigley Field even still has a trough. If you think just peeing in one is disgusting, imagine how this guy felt once he sobered up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZfEAc0iPPA&feature=player_embedded

mnp1988
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Dear Mitchell,
Thanks for your inquiry. You are going to have to be patient with us and see how the schedule works out. You will also have to have faith that we have only the best interest of Enduro racing and Riverhead Raceway in our thoughts.
We never forget how hard you work and how much racing at Riverhead means to everyone.
Barbara & Jim Cromarty

A69pizzoo
02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
i got the same responce.

BigRed99
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Same response also. They probably don't even read it; just copy and paste that response. :rolleyes:

racecar24
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Same response also. They probably don't even read it; just copy and paste that response. :rolleyes:

probably. I wrote & got the same response but i do hope they add more races

Ka$h25
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
If they didn't read it how would they know you're an enduro driver? Stop crucifying them for pretending to care more than they actually should.

BigRed99
02-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Well, they probably click on the message, click reply, then click copy and paste. They know all the enduro drivers want more races...and there's no reason why we don't deserve them.

Poppop
02-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Sitting together is OK but T shirts all the same color[must be a bright color]would be better as they could be seen all over the track not just in one general area.
I had all my fans in their bright shirts in the top row at Grandview. They looked like a chain gang on a night out for good behavior.:lol:

PIT BULL
02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
:confused:For sure.

fisherman
02-13-2011, 08:17 AM
:confused:For sure.

na someone else does not them lol