PDA

View Full Version : Any Questions

bulldozer
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Kinda funny when Jim Maggio stands up and asks the drivers if we have any questions and when i bring up the consistancy of suspentions he says next question right away not even wanting to listen or talk out what happened last year. I thought this was our meeting to try to get together and get things straight. We needed to talk about this because it was wrong what he did last year and he knows it thats why he didnt even want to hear what i had to say. I just dont want what happened to me or my father happen to any other driver out there because we love this sport and we will do anything to race everyweek even if we dont have enough money to do it. Then you have Jim suspending people without even getting to the bottom of what happened.Not even talking to the driver. I brought up the fight the week after i was suspended and no one got anything for that.The last week of racing a whole mod crew was threating and ready to kill Jim on the ramp and are they going to get the three week suspention my dad got for verbal abuse of an offical. I hate to say it but Jim is going to be the head offical next year and i dont mind that at all because if i just handle myself and my crew there wont be any problems. I just dont want what happened to me happen to someone else.I was leading the points no officals around and i get a letter in the mail the next week saying im out for 2 weeks for something me or my crew didnt do. I really dont think there should be any suspentions unless there is a real fight and someone gets hurt. The pushing and shoving the crews going into other people pit shouldnt get a suspention. But i believe we should start the driver of the crew that is at fault in the rear the next week. If it happens again 2 weeks in the rear. I bet that driver would keep his cool and his crew in check from then on. Just my opinion on what should happen next year and i wish we could of talked it out at the meeting but what can you expect. I hope Jim can turn over a new leaf and learn from Mike his assistant. Treat people like you want to be treated.I know we arent always going to agree with the calls and you guys have the toughest job at the track no doubt but lets keep it in a postive manor.Dont talk down to us or treat us like dirt treat us like racers who live ,sweat ,and breath racing. 81

fisherman
02-02-2011, 06:44 PM
hey b ub your wasting your time he will suspend for yr the 1st thing you do lol

Turbo
02-03-2011, 02:19 PM
consistency [kənˈsɪstənsɪ], consistence
n pl -encies, -ences
1. agreement or accordance with facts, form, or characteristics previously shown or stated

Whether the calls are for or against me, just make sure its called for everyone. Not asking for much here.

RPMcGrellis414
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
The pushing and shoving the crews going into other people pit shouldnt get a suspention. But i believe we should start the driver of the crew that is at fault in the rear the next week. If it happens again 2 weeks in the rear. I bet that driver would keep his cool and his crew in check from then on.

thats a good plan but like you said earlier if they wouldn't even listen to you at a DRIVERS MEETING prob not going to on here :disgusted....is a good thought though too many incidents in the pits to suspend everybody and picking and choosing which arguments or fights to act on and suspend someone for are unfair...

cerckl'm racing
02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Am I reading this right? Violence in the pits should be allowed?

"I really dont think there should be any suspentions unless there is a real fight and someone gets hurt."

Is it going to be up to the officials to determine if a fight was "real" or what the definition of "hurt" is? C'mon now....

Besides, suppose driver A storms over to driver B's pit and shoves him ("The pushing and shoving the crews going into other people pit shouldnt get a suspention.") Driver B responds with a punch which may be considered a "real" fight. Driver B gets suspended because someone came into his pit and pushed him, but driver A is in the clear? I don't think so...

I OBVIOUSLY see your point with desire for fair and consistent calls, but I DON'T see your point about the physical altercations. Didn't a few "innocent bystanders" (ie a little kid, and someone's wife) inadvertently get caught up in scuffles in the pits last year or the year before? People should be able to have their family in the pits without worrying about them being assaulted (ie punched in the face - noh'm say'n, RPM?) It's been said many times before, but the calls have to be made on the track - the pits should not be where things are "settled."

"...too many incidents in the pits to suspend everybody and picking and choosing which arguments or fights to act on and suspend someone for are unfair." How about suspend everybody who fights? There's some consistency.

rrealto
02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Well said. Sure makes sense.

bulldozer
02-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Now kevin did you see Jeff Gordon last year push Jeff Burton on the track? Did you see Joey Lagano go after Kevin Harvick in his area after the race.Should they have all got a 2 week suspention? . Its the nature of this sport for years.The Pearson Yarborough fight on the track years ago. The time, the hard work people put in to there equipment they get frustrated. Do i agree with the fighting and shoving no. But it happens and its going to happen this year too. I dont know who but im sure it will. . Yes if there is a fight they should get suspended.But what if another driver pushes you ,or yells in your face or chest bumps you.Should that be a suspention? If a guys crew gets in your window net yells at you kicks your car should that be a suspention? Theres just no consistancy thats all im saying and i wanted to discuss that. There isnt a perfect answer i know but i just wanted them to say well try hard this year to police this and make the right calls. Stop the cars right on the track and say if theres an alltercation if something happens between you to your out for a week or if the one drivers in the pits because he wrecked drive that golf cart down there and tell him the same thing. Just nip it in the but before something happens. Im not condoning violence but yelling at someone shouldnt get a 2 week suspention.Argueing shouldnt get a three week suspention. But the fight that happened got a no week suspention figure that one out lol.

chris061
02-05-2011, 09:48 AM
The Main problem overall is consistency, Whether it be suspensions,Tech,Or on track incidents. Until the CONSISTENCY of All the calls is established there will always be problems, They need to get people in that are not biased,I'd love to see the track the way it was many years ago,This track could be alot of fun,If it is managed correctly!! :disgusted :disgusted

cerckl'm racing
02-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Again, I know what you're trying to say...
The "big" guys of NASCAR have a lot of cameras on them, and (as far as I know) rarely get beyond the chest-bumping and in-your-face finger pointing, but they probably don't have as much (relatively speaking) invested in their equipment as you do either. But I also don't think those altercations require police cars or ambulances showing up when they're done. All I'm saying is how far away are we from having pit crews that were all hired out of Gold's gym or the WWE (and please, don't anybody get any ideas!) or people are lobbing hand grenades into others pit stalls?
"Fans, don't forget after the races you're ALL invited to the parking-lot side of the pit fence for the after-race cage match!"
I kind of miss the days I used to go to the track and didn't know anybody - when I was naive enough to think everyone raced, had fun, barbecued, and went home.
Best of luck to all racing this season - but I go to see racing, not fights.

Golf Guy
02-05-2011, 12:04 PM
The Main problem overall is consistency, Whether it be suspensions,Tech,Or on track incidents. Until the CONSISTENCY of All the calls is established there will always be problems, They need to get people in that are not biased,I'd love to see the track the way it was many years ago,This track could be alot of fun,If it is managed correctly!! :disgusted :disgusted

This pretty much sums it up. I think many a problems are solved with one thing established- call consistency. And I think that is all that everyone wants. To be treated equally regardless if you agree with the call or not- as long as it is the same for everyone.

MSK27
02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
What Golf Guy said.Fair and consistent calls help lower the frustration level.

Ka$h25
02-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Not to mention in all of this that Chris wasn't the one fighting. I understand that there's a rule in place that holds the drivers responsible for their crew and families but I can't help but laugh at that notion. What about the altercation between the 11x crew guy and John Fortin? How come the crew member was suspended and the the 11x raced the next week?

The man is a mockery of himself. Fortunately I have no vesting interests and I can sit back, laugh, and just shake my head.

fisherman
02-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Not to mention in all of this that Chris wasn't the one fighting. I understand that there's a rule in place that holds the drivers responsible for their crew and families but I can't help but laugh at that notion. What about the altercation between the 11x crew guy and John Fortin? How come the crew member was suspended and the the 11x raced the next week?

The man is a mockery of himself. Fortunately I have no vesting interests and I can sit back, laugh, and just shake my head.

yea you do spending your money to see people get screwed lol

Ka$h25
02-09-2011, 05:56 PM
yea you do spending your money to see people get screwed lol

Well hey... some people pay a lot more for that kinda thing.... :angel:

sobe
02-13-2011, 12:24 PM

who made a mockery of himself?????

Ka$h25
02-16-2011, 12:37 AM
who made a mockery of himself?????

haha i'm disappointed you even have to ask.

the man who decides one week to suspend a driver for his crew member's actions, then a few weeks later suspends a crew member. the guy who lets some people get away with fist fighting and others get thrown out "for life" without throwing a punch.

mr inconsistency himself.