PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Nights!

CJfilms
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
As you know we are working out FOUR Saturday night enduros this season...

TWO Big Cars...

TWO Small Cars...

The available Saturday nights are above....choose which night you would like to race....PICK TWO!!! TWO FOR YOUR DIVISION PLEASE!!!

There are about 10 total choices....the above dates are the BEST.....here were some other options....

4/23 - 3 divisions already racing Grandview...pits would be overloaded...
5/21 - Regular Saturday night racing AND Thunder on the Hill Series events....pits would be WAY overloaded...
6/4 - night before a NEETS Event.......
7/23 - night before a NEETS Event......
8/20 - this is a rain date for the Forrest Rogers Memorial Race.....
9/17 - Freedom 76 Event.....no way possible for NEETS that night....

Feel free to email me with any questions....

jag
02-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I picked RCN night. Thats a tv night.Maybe they will televise it.:D

Poppop
02-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Special show nights are bad because the pit admission goes up just like the spectator admission.

Poppop

Philter39
02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I can not make the aug 6th date all others are fine with me. The 1st date will probably be cold yet. phil

Danger83Ranger
02-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I just have a feeling this is going to backfire strongly. 99% of grandview fans complain about a 3rd class when they have them. I think its going to be the same situation. Ive also noticed a post on sjdr about entering the pits after the mods and late models are over. but considering how little fans we have had in the stands the last 2 seasons, it cant hurt. hopefully it will introduce the enduro world to a lot of new people.

in my opinion, i think it would be cool to run on a saturday night. it would be double time for me, but once or twice is no big deal. im not even sure if i will be racing at all this season though. but i did fire the truck up today for the first time since last race. she purrs pretty darn good. i think the old man will have at it a couple of races before we hang up the gloves. we will see

critter
02-26-2011, 08:23 PM
hmmmmmm i could see it now the return of critter under lights man what a night that would be :D

CJfilms
02-28-2011, 11:13 AM
KEEP IN MIND:

- only one division will be racing EACH night...not both...
- we will be racing after ALL other racing, therefore anyone that has a complaint can just leave before our racing starts...

PLEASE:

- ONLY vote if you will definitely attend that night...the results may dictate which dates I select....

I understand Phil says August 6th is out for him, therefore I conclude that if Phil races Small Cars that I could easily schedule a Big Car race that night based on other votes from Big Car drivers and his opinion...see?

This CAN backfire....easily....but only if we don't get support. If I schedule 4 races and at the first one only 12 people show up....they aren't going to be too excited or enthusiastic about the next three even happening....WE NEED SUPPORT!!!

VOTE!!! CALL ME!!! EMAIL ME!!!! ....GET INVOLVED!!!

gary243
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd say don't base your decision based on whether RCN TV is there or not. They have a very tight timeslot and have never aired a third division in the years I've been at Grandview.

You can contact Randy Kane just to be sure on that.

CJfilms
03-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks Gary! I didn't expect them to stick around for just us anyways, but at least we might get to hear Ernie pumping the enduro at the end of the night on TV! :lol::lol::lol:

CJfilms
03-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I know a lot of people who DON'T participate on the forums....but this is ridiculous!

At the very least, let's hear some opinions...good or bad!

First race is April 3rd...we're making the final decision AT THE DRIVER'S MEETING whether to make the Saturday night events points races or not...it would be helpful to at least get an idea now that these dates are feasible....so many people have called, emailed and facebooked about how great Saturday nights are going to be.......where are you now?

Please keep in mind, IF I just pick the dates and say that they are final, I can't help if they conflict with a big race somewhere else, family functions, etc...also....if the first event flops big time...that will be the last time they will even consider it.....

NOW is your chance to vote and voice your opinion......last chance....

NeetsSpectator
03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey Joe, Has there been any thought given to running the enduros first on a Saturday afternoon.
Schedule it so that it would end right before the Saturday Night racing begins.

CJfilms
03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
There has been some thoughts about that Dave......unfortunately, the Mods and LM classes run on such expensive tires that if we have a race that puts down a lot of debris....that would be the last race we would ever see there......

Personally, I would prefer our guys go out during an intermission or such time between/before the main events so we would get a lot of exposure and not extend the show out for another hour or so...

greenflag
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I really like the Saturday night enduro idea and I have voted up above. I know that I am not a competitor, but I would certainly attend those Saturday night shows for enduros.

A couple of years ago at Big Diamond, they had a 20-lap exhibition race for the enduro class during a regular Friday night show. It was held at intermission. The fans really seemed to enjoy it, as many had never been to an enduro before. Running your event along with a regular program is a huge bonus. You are introducing this class of racing to fans who may never have given thought to enduro racing. And there's a good shot that several of these fans will give our enduros a try on a Sunday afternoon. You might even have some fans who decide that they would wish to build an enduro car and enjoy the competition on Sundays.

My advice would be to run the event at intermission, and see how it goes on the first night. It worked at Big Diamond.

Gary

CJfilms
03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the input everyone...I'm closing the poll and thread....new one shortly!