PDA

View Full Version : Which one do I choose?

limodmaniac
03-03-2011, 08:59 PM
The Southern Tour starts soon, and those of us up north have some decisions to make..If you could only pick one of these, which one would you do?

1. Caraway , Saturday, March 26 ( I can't do the March 13 show so it's not one of the choices)

2. Hickory, Saturday, April 2

3. North Wilkesboro, April 9

For me , I kind of want to pick Hickory but here's the problem.. With that being a Saturday night race,I think, it would be extremely hard to get from their to Waterford the next day.

Second choice would be North Wilkesboro, and that is actually probably easier to get back to Thompson the next day since the race starts at 3:30, I think.

My last choice would be Caraway, not my favorite track, but it would be the easiest one to get to and back without having a race to worry about on Sunday.

Anyone have any info on the Hickory race ( what time would you expect it to start?)

And which race would you choose if you could only get to one of them?

AlkyMadness
03-04-2011, 01:23 AM
If it were me, I'd go to Caraway just because it's the first date on the list and you don't seem to have any conflicts. Then play the other two weekends by ear. Who knows, the weekend of Hickory, maybe the weather is crap at Waterford and you don't have to worry about getting back on time.

Personally, living down here, I might pass on the Caraway race because I will be there on the 13th and there are some other things happening the 26th. I will not be at Hickory on the 2nd because there will be a special dirt late model event at 311 Speedway and that's closer to home (this year it's all about the miles and gas mileage).

Wilkesboro will be all about the PASS South. The mods are a support class. Last year the mod turnout wasn't very good, but they have bumped the purse, but I don't know if I'd risk driving all the way from CT. Besides, the race is being promoted as "under the lights" so I doubt you'll see it starting at 3pm. Won't be surprised if you are not leaving at about 10-11pm. I'll probably be there because the PASS race should be excellent based on the entry list.

Hickory will also get out at about 10-11pm. They only show one support class and that's a 50 lap limited late model. Night should move pretty fast.

Logically thinking, you should probably go to the Hickory event since I guess you've never been there. You never know about events scheduled there. If they don't get a very good crowd (remember that is Martinsville weekend) the mods won't be back next year. So, this could be your once every ten years chance to see the mods at Hickory.

If you want to support North Wilkesboro, come back on July 23rd when they have the USAC Silver Crown and midgets, they'll need all the support they can get AND it's a Saturday afternoon race (you don't mind a little hot weather do you?).

Whatever you do, enjoy.

Racer1_NC
03-04-2011, 12:06 PM
My choice would be Hickory.....not a big fan of Caraway.....NWS would be my second choice.