PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Enduros!

CJfilms
03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
The results are in and quite clear! Out of the five BEST nights, the only one not as popular looks like the April 9th race....

So, the four Saturday nights will be as follows...

May 7th - Big Cars - Starting BIG to hope this goes BIG!!!
July 9th - Small Cars
August 6th - Big Cars
September 3rd - Small Cars

Drivers MUST be in the pits and registered in time for the transponder checks ran by Grandview Speedway...I still need to work this out with Grandview, but obviously it would be more time consuming to run transponder checks with Mods and LM....then the enduros...

Parking will be tight.....get there EARLY or else you WILL be parking outside of the pits. We'll section off an area for overflow, however there is only so much space and someone showing up at 7 PM wanting to register will most likely be asking ThePill if they can park in his driveway.....

Points? This will be decided at the first race, the Spring Fling. I'd rather not see these events be full points races, however....you will decide.

Enduros will be ran at the END of the night...please don't complain why you have to be there early and be the last ones on the track. We need everyone registered, tech'd, transponder checked and signed in as if you are part of the regular Saturday night show...because YOU ARE PART OF THE REGULAR SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW! I'm saying this now...I can't help you if you drag your feet and show up late...there may not be parking where you want it, there may not even be transponders available if we get a lot of people.....

EARLY!!! That is the main point for these shows!!!

More details will be discussed at the first race or as they come up...feel free to email me with any questions....joe@neetsracing.com.

The MOST IMPORTANT part of these Saturday night enduros is...YOU!
You can make this great...
You can make this fail...
You can help us make the shows go off without a hitch...
You can hold the show up and make NEETS look unprofessional...
You can get/keep sponsors by racing in front of thousands of fans...
You can stay home that night....

It's all up to YOU! We want this to work out for you, so work with us and we will make this great!

Lastly...event info pages will be online shortly!

Poppop
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
:wave:Thanks Joe! All I need is a date to shoot for, and when the big cars run. I'll be in the stands.:applause: Personally, I'd prefer those races to not be points races because of the other drivers and crew that have other commitments. It's only fair to them and I don't want to race with with someone that would rather be some place else.
Poppop

STU
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Will it be run by the Neets officials? If so, count me in. I can't make it on April 3
so Ebay's "lyndas cluttered closet" will be there on 5/7 to give stuff away to hopefully a big saturday night crowd.

CJfilms
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Cory....we'll know by the first event....

Poppop....that's what I like to hear! INPUT!!! Thanks!

Philter39
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I will be racing in all but the August race.Will be away. NO points or just a few show points like 10 points. A little incentive. phil

Poppop
03-08-2011, 06:39 AM
What about registration and pit admission fees? Will it still be full price for half a race? Just curious, and I need to put it into my budget.:lol:

Sgracing
03-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Everything looks great but I won't make the July 9 event. I have a 20th class reunion that night.

BIGDADDY64
03-08-2011, 10:04 PM
looking forward to night races almost as much as racing first race of season. finally gave me the kick in the butt i needed. also recruited new driver for the 21 small car

rustyboltz6
03-08-2011, 10:18 PM
It all sounds good Joe! I'd like to make the Saturday shows. Probably not going to make all the regular shows this year??? Too much going on this year!!!:cool:

critter
03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
hey bigdaddy i will give u that kick ,lol love ya big bro and ummm what u mean new driver for the 21 small car ??? the cav or your new ride ???? guess i will go back to the farm like buckshot lol

tbirdracer
03-10-2011, 12:06 AM
I WILL TRY TO BE THERE FOR THE MAY 7TH RACE. STILL WORKING ON MOTOR FOR RACE CAR. MONEY AND TIME ARE TIGHT. I MAY HAVE GOTTEN SOMEONE TO HELP WITH THE MONEY. JUST DEPENDS ON WHEN I GET THE CAR DONE. I THINK POPPOP IS RIGHT NO POINTS IS THE WAY TO GO. LESS PRESSURE FOR THE DRIVERS AND THIS MEAN YOU MAY HAVE MORE FUN:applause:. GOOD JOB JOE FOR GETTING NIGHT RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgarner
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Can't wait to race sat. nights. I don't care when we race its still sat. night! I don't think a full points race is a good idea. But I do like the idea of incentive points for coming out sat. night to race. Thats up to neets to figure out how many points!! :applause:

ThePill
03-10-2011, 08:21 PM
If not points how about the winner on Saturday gets to choose where they start in the next race...

I can't wait to be on the other side of the fence on a Saturday night

punchy
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
It will make a different saturday night for sure. I agree with my bro about picking starting position. Throws a curve ball in the start, everyone has a preference.:wave:

Maddawg
03-20-2011, 09:13 AM
This is awesome, I cant wait to race these Sat. night shows !!!!!!!!!!, also on the points thing who cares !!!!! we are racing Sat night !!!!!!
one question, will we get practice laps- or parade laps earlier in the night ?? alot of fans seem to leave after the Mods. We need to show them who and what Neets is about to spark early in the show

critter
03-20-2011, 10:12 AM
thats a good idea there dawg

tbirdracer
03-20-2011, 08:23 PM
how about those who race on saturday picks from the balls to see where you start in next race. if i won on saturday, i would start on pole next race. those who didn't will start in rear of field. jmo.

CJfilms
03-20-2011, 09:57 PM
I like the idea of awarding the POLE position to the Saturday night winner, however putting a winning car up front is more or less giving them a beefy advantage!

The small points bump is a good idea....10 or so points for showing up on a Saturday night, regardless of finish.

I want to keep it fair....for all.... Either have it open for regular points...points for showing up...or just money and trophies. I'd rather stray away from ideas that will benefit one driver more so than others, like the winner picking position.

CJfilms
03-20-2011, 09:58 PM
I do like tbird's idea though....Saturday night registrants can pick for their starting position at the next event while those who don't show start behind them!

That is like a small bonus, but not too much, right?

tbirdracer
03-22-2011, 10:00 AM
oh no tbird had another idea. say it aint so joe. i just think it was the right thing to do. if i race all the sunday races but no the two special races points would kill someone running for a championship. for those who help others racer you make them have to chose. joe its you chose you and erin run thing.

Danger83Ranger
03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
backwards points would be the most logical lineup no matter what day it is. of course this is coming from myself who also believes the payout should be spread through the field a little bit more and not give the winner so much dang money. id have a better chance of winning 25 bucks with the roadrunners...lol

richardpetey
03-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Whats the deal with the NEETS saturday night purse................:confused:
If it is a regular payout, I might be tempted to show up, unless the water fairy waterlogs the track again......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
03-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Foul is right Petey....

We have to meet up ...AGAIN.....to discuss things with the Rogers.

Long story short, lot's of smoke but no fire.....

It would be a regular NEETS Purse paid for the night....tacky racing surface is a must since there is no way the track would dry up....