PDA

View Full Version : An aternative to a "passport" for Canada

Linda
03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
I was just talking to a Dell rep for a laptop problem and she was located about 15 minutes from Delaware Speedway, which she also goes to the races there as well. I was mentioning about how we have to get passports and she said we should get a Nexus pass. It's almost like a Fast Pass in which it has lanes you can go through with little or no waiting. She used it when she went to NYC and she said it's also good for airports. Not sure it will work for everyone but thought I would pass the info on.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/trusted_traveler/nexus_prog/

RGeeProductions
03-09-2011, 12:03 AM
For a passport, in New York, you can go to your local Dept. of Motor Vehicles and get an 'enhanced' license. It covers Mexico and Canada and the same as a passport but cheaper and you get in about 2 weeks. Just need a valid license, original Social Security card and original birth certificate. I have not checked but it may be possible that other New England states may do this.

Revscott
03-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Just to let everyone know that if your are flying it will not work and you need a passport.

MJProcko
03-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Does it bother anyone else that to get to a WMT race in Canada is next to impossible but a terrorist or M13 member has no problem getting in????
:p
Don't be discouraged as I think this will be a great race.

worm
03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
this race is a joke,was any teams ask about going to this race last year

Magicshoes12
03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
this race is a joke,was any teams ask about going to this race last year

From what I have heard, teams were asked....also how can you call this race a joke?? I think its great, Delaware Speedway looks like its going to be an awesome race and this track and it's people in charge came to Stafford to Watch the Modified tour and pursued Nascar to get the Tour to go to their track. I think it is great that a Track came asking for the Whelen Tour to come to their place...The only problem people are looking at is Crossing the border...I live in Concord VT and only about 50 miles from the Canadian Border and as long as you have all of your information together and are organized it's not bad to go through...then the argument is the teams traveling. Here are some stats for you.....

From Stafford Speedway to Bristol Motor Speedway = 755miles approx. 12 1/2 hours

From Stafford Speedway to Delaware Speedway = 547mile approx. 9 1/2 hours

From Riverhead Raceway to Bristol = 677 miles approx 11 1/2 hours

From Riverhead Raceway to Delaware 623 mile approx. 10 1/2 hours

These trips aren't really that far off from each other in distance and time...and other people are talking about teams money...no one races to make money especially on the tour...and who knows how many cars from Chemung or Spencer will go, its only about 5 hours for them....

We complain there aren't enough races then when we get more we complain where they are...me personally I think it's cool this track showed interest and even got a modified for their track champion to try to compete in...it just shows the modifieds are the best cars out there!!! Lets not hold any opinions until we see the race and how it was!

MJProcko
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
From what I have heard, teams were asked....also how can you call this race a joke?? I think its great, Delaware Speedway looks like its going to be an awesome race and this track and it's people in charge came to Stafford to Watch the Modified tour and pursued Nascar to get the Tour to go to their track. I think it is great that a Track came asking for the Whelen Tour to come to their place...The only problem people are looking at is Crossing the border...I live in Concord VT and only about 50 miles from the Canadian Border and as long as you have all of your information together and are organized it's not bad to go through...then the argument is the teams traveling. Here are some stats for you.....

From Stafford Speedway to Bristol Motor Speedway = 755miles approx. 12 1/2 hours

From Stafford Speedway to Delaware Speedway = 547mile approx. 9 1/2 hours

From Riverhead Raceway to Bristol = 677 miles approx 11 1/2 hours

From Riverhead Raceway to Delaware 623 mile approx. 10 1/2 hours

These trips aren't really that far off from each other in distance and time...and other people are talking about teams money...no one races to make money especially on the tour...and who knows how many cars from Chemung or Spencer will go, its only about 5 hours for them....

We complain there aren't enough races then when we get more we complain where they are...me personally I think it's cool this track showed interest and even got a modified for their track champion to try to compete in...it just shows the modifieds are the best cars out there!!! Lets not hold any opinions until we see the race and how it was!

Magicshoes is right on here - the track WANTS this race, Nascar did not go and say please take this race. There is always someone who will complain of something in regards to the WMT (myself included) but one thing we can all agree on is when the product is on the track - it's hands down the best short track racing in America... period.