PDA

View Full Version : Show setup and TIME BUMP!!!

CJfilms
03-20-2011, 02:10 PM
In the past two years, the NEETS enduros have started at 2PM for the Sunday events...things are going to change a bit for 2011!

First off, the slingshots will be racing first since they need to have a very smooth track, therefore Kenny will be out early to prep the track for them and they will begin warm-ups at 12 noon!

Start time is posted by Grandview as 12 Noon....at the very least, I'm am going to call it 1 PM features start....grandstands open around 12 PM.

How will this affect our show?

Unlike 2010, if you showed up after registration closed, you just fell to the rear and that was that....we are going to be doing the pre-driver's meeting a little different as well!

Around 11:30/12:00, registration will close completely and the line-ups will be determined. There will be a TRANSPONDER CHECK performed after the slingshots warm-ups. We will have ALL NEETS cars on the track doing slow laps to check transponders and make sure EVERYONE is in the system and work out the bugs...beforehand. There is to be NO RACING on the track, just a slow lap to check the transponder.

After we are done, we will have a driver's meeting and aim to have the Slingers run their feature at 1PM. 1 PM the Slinger's take the green and the show begins!

12PM Slingers warm-ups
Transponder Check
Slingers Heats
Driver's Meeting
1PM Slingers Feature
Vintage Mod Show
Small Car Enduro
Vintage Mod Race
Big Car Enduro
Ladies Race

That's 6 FULL RACES!!! This looks GREAT on paper....but, you all will make the difference and help us see it happen! Remember, ONE person out of sync can throw it all off.

Now, this is a whole new set-up to the events, so I'm not expecting perfection on DAY #1....however, the schedule is the schedule....if you are in the Small Car division, your car should be prepped before the Slingers race and you might even want to have your fire suit on then. When there is 10-Laps to go we will start calling for drivers to get ready and possibly start to stage, get to your car and strap in....don't wait until we call for cars to stage or hit the track to leave your seat in the stands...

How will this affect pit times?

Pits still open 8 AM....there should be no reason for anyone to be showing up AFTER 11AM..... Registration will be closing a half-hour earlier, 11:30 AM...time it out...

Anyone showing up AFTER registration is closed may be charged a premium registration fee...lose points...etc... There will be NO MORE waiting for people! If a crew member wants to register you, PAY AND PICK POSITION, that is fine...but the car must be in the pits BEFORE 12 PM to be safety checked....no exceptions!!! Please do not call me at 11:45 and say you are on the way, only an hour or so out...We are closing the registrations and prepping the purse payouts. Late entries will throw EVERYTHING off! In fact, I'm not going to be in the office too much this season, so calling me to pick for you will not make a difference....especially with the other events starting early.........

This is all regarding the REGULAR SUNDAY SHOWS....Saturday night show details will be posted shortly.....need to wrap up a few loose ends and that will be done on Saturday!

Lad3der
03-20-2011, 02:13 PM
joe, what about track prep in between the divisions. you know its going to be needed. show wont be over till my guess around 6 or 7

CJfilms
03-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Kenny NEEDS....MUST....provide the slingshots with a smooth dry/tacky surface, which they will not tear up at all.

Our first event, the Small Cars, shouldn't have any problem running right out after their race......the Vintage Mods will fill in while our guys line-up.

After the first enduro, there will have to be some clean-up, but no too much....never has been too much needed.

The point is to keep the show moving so that we are not there until 6PM....with green at 1PM...I'm expecting the FIRST and/or SECOND shows to drag a little, but once we are moving smoothly, I am expecting us to wrap it all up by 5PM....