PDA

View Full Version : Waterford - next weekend- April 2 and 3

limodmaniac
03-27-2011, 01:24 PM
How many cars would you expect for the first show?

Is the modified feature going to be the last race of the day?

LongIslandJam
03-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Per Waterford's schedule - The VMRS runs last on Sunday.

uticamike
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM
I see Steven Masse's picture in Howie's collection. Is he running on the Tour this years or just tuning up for when the VMRS hits Thompson in June?

mattphoto
03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
How many cars would you expect for the first show?

Is the modified feature going to be the last race of the day?

I think will see 35 cars

JED
03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
I see Steven Masse's picture in Howie's collection. Is he running on the Tour this years or just tuning up for when the VMRS hits Thompson in June?

Masse will attempt to run for the VMRS title if all goes well.

Bobby1717
03-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Weather looks bad for Friday and Saturday....will they try to get the whole show in on Sunday?

Revscott
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
MRS Tech cancelled for Friday and they will have 1 30 minute practice from 1-1:30 on Saturday. This should be interesting.

skbob
04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
whats going on up there?
I live in Daytona & this is the only way to know whats going on up north. is it cancelled? postponed?
no news on the MRS website & the last post here was Thursday.

Howie, please help!

9nhmod
04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
they got in some practice and qualified. 25 cars in the race tomorrow. #79 was there but won't be racing, he had engine trouble during practice.

It will be interesting to see how the "new" handicapping / line-up system works. Results so far:
Heat 1 :
1 13 Steve Masse
2 01 Rob Summers
3 73 Jon McKennedy
4 5 Chris Pasteryak
5 16 Josh Sylvester
6 55 Joe Doucette
7 1nh Rob Goodenough
8 2 Ken Barry
9 96 Butch Perry

Heat 2
1 34 Dave Etheridge
2 05 Jacob Dore
3 18 Eddy Spiers
4 85 Louie Mechalides
5 25 Rowan Pennink
6 0 Mike Holdridge
7 53 Norm Wrenn
8 06 Les Hinkley
9 17 Jack Bateman

Heat 3
1 50 Matt Hirschman
2 58 Eric Goodale
3 12 Todd Annarummo
4 57 Keith Rocco
5 47 Tim Jordan
6 9 Tom Barrett
7 31 Rob Williams

skbob
04-02-2011, 10:24 PM
thanks 9nhmod
nobody had any news any where.
if I'm not asking too much, what happened in the SK's?

RGeeProductions
04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
skbob:
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?23253-Waterford-Speedbowl-4_2_2011-Qualifying-Day

limodmaniac
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Not sure if I love the new way of lining up the feature.

Who was that red and white car that never lifted and slammed into the cars on the track, early in the race, turn one/two? Some new guy on the tour?

Missed seeing Dwight Jarvis. How many races is he running this year?

One of my favorite races - Monadnock , coming up at the end of the month.

Welder
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Dwight is planning on running all but five of the tour races as of right now. Took this weekend off and the thompson/Stafford races. We will also be at the Star open show.

As far as today at Waterford today I wasn't there but I heard the red and white 17 of Jack Bateman made a late entry into the first big wreck but I wasn't there so not sure if thats who you are refering to.

uticamike
04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I was looking at the leaders up in 3&4 at the time. I did see Masse's boneheaded dive bomb on Rob Summers though. Did he really think that thing was going to stick going in that hard. Too bad these Hoosiers are only good for about 75 hard laps. lots of really loose cars at the end.

modracer13
04-03-2011, 11:14 PM
ok call that move "boneheaded" if u want but what that move wasnt was a divebomb. I was working on summers for 3 or 4 laps already and i was underneath him coming out of 2. As far as im concerned i was there the whole way and he came down on me. Thats what i believe and wont believe otherwise till i see a video tape

uticamike
04-03-2011, 11:41 PM
LOL.. Well I have to admit Steve you had a better view than I did. Just looked to
me you went in real hard and it washed up. You were gone a long while after but your car didn't look all that bad. What was the issue? Too bad though you looked "racey' early on.

modracer13
04-03-2011, 11:52 PM
our shock tower bent when i washed up into him.. i can see why people thought it looked like a divebomb but i was underneath him and when he turned down we made contact(forcing me down to the dirt) and then i washed up into him through the mid part of the turn

uticamike
04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the input. It's kind of nice really to have a driver post on a board like this. Doesn't happen much. Your thoughts on the Hoosiers. Seems these tire nowadays just can't be driven hard for a whole race. Same is true on the ROC.
My impression was Chris Pasteryak was kind of riding with Coby most of the day.
Even the master of saving tires, Matt Hirschman slipped at the end.

MOD11RACER
04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Steve:

You had the spot and Summers spotter knew you were there to. Summers came down on you and cost you a good finish. Don't let anyone tell you any different, especially someone who sits in the stands and has never driven a Modified before.

Keep driving hard kid.

uticamike
04-04-2011, 08:48 PM
"especially someone who sits in the stands and has never driven a Modified before."

Change that to someone who never raced a Modified before. I drove a school car

at Thompson a few years ago and have more respect for those cars and the guys

who drive them then you'll ever know. My opinion is just that. People around me

had the same thought. Steve clarified his impression and all is well. Start some

S*** elsewhere.

modracer13
04-05-2011, 10:18 AM
mod11racer, i couldnt agree anymore with you. Thank you.

mike, I liked these tires 2 years ago and I liked them when i used them for open show races last year. Its a good tire but the only downfall i see is that you really dont have practice tires for the next week. I think the drivers/setups will get better as the season progresses and u wont see the entire field fish tailing at lap 75.. hopefully.

Racerjoe
04-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I love these tires, and this is coming from someone who was out on lap 9.
Puts some strategy in the hands of the driver, whether to save or beat the hell out of them. I think (and hope) will make for better racing.

uticamike
04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Two drivers on here, this is great. Joe, what started the melee that collected you and Jon? I didn't see it.

Racerjoe
04-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Not sure, from the video it started a few rows up.....I checked up and got run over, it happens. It broke the rear end all the mounting points L/R shock, Left quarter, both left side nerfs and then the tow truck finished me off by bending the tail panel and spoiler. I have not left waterford "not" on the hook for longer than I can remember. Not a kind track for me.

uticamike
04-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I know the feeling. I crew on the car in my avatar. You should see what the concrete at Shangri-La II does to one. Makes the guys at Troyers' parts counter smile.:lol: Better luck to you (and Steve) at the Dog'.:wave:

MXCHAMP04
04-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Steve:

You had the spot and Summers spotter knew you were there to. Summers came down on you and cost you a good finish. Don't let anyone tell you any different, especially someone who sits in the stands and has never driven a Modified before.

Keep driving hard kid.You don't need to be a dermatologist to diagnose someone as having acne. Just like you don't have to have driven a modified to know when someone makes a boneheaded move. I am not referring to this instance as I didn't see it. Spectators for the most part are pretty astute.