PDA

View Full Version : Change to the races

CJfilms
03-30-2011, 11:04 PM
As you may have already noticed, there are several new elements being added to the NEETS Events this season.

First off, Slingers!
The Slingers are going to be working with the series hand in hand this season, unlike the SpeedSTRS which ran the 2010 season with us, the Slingshots Series will be ran as a partnership with NEETS! The Slingers and NEETS will both benefit off of each other, so there will be no greater or lesser series.

Parking.
The Slingers will be parked in the front-most parking spaces along the pit entrance. Most importantly, the cars are TOO LOW to the ground to be parked in the rear. The Slingers will complete their entire show before the enduros begin racing, therefore the cars will be packed up and possibly heading out during the first enduro.

Vintage Mods.
Vintage Mods will be parked with the enduros on the typical first-come first-serve basis. We need drivers to park their tow vehicles CLOSE this season...NO SAVING SPOTS!!! If the pits are full, there will be an area sectioned off for overflow. IF you are unhappy about parking outside of the pits...plan ahead next race and arrive EARLIER!!! This has been discussed before, get there early so there is no problem parking....

Schedule.
I have posted the schedule up a few times now....I'm not sure if I got it right or not....either way, here it is!

Pits open - 8 AM
Registration & Tech Inspections

Slingers & Vintage Mod Warm-ups - 12 NOON
Transponder Check (Slow Laps) Enduro Cars ONLY
Driver's meeting

Slingers Heats - 1 PM
Vintage Mods Show
Small Car Line-ups
Slingers Feature
Small Car Enduro
Vintage Mods Race
Big Car Enduro
Ladies' Race

Saturday Nights!
Maybe we jumped a little too quickly....apparently, being told pick the dates and not hearing anything after that EVEN AFTER WE SCHEDULED THEM....wasn't right....

Saturday May 7th - Small Car Enduro - $50 Registration - 40 Laps - 27 Cars MAX
Saturday June 18th - Big Car Enduro - $50 Registration - 40 Laps - 27 Cars MAX

27 cars maximum will be decided by FIRST PAID REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED!!!
Details and info pages online shortly!

Last but not least....Registration Fee.
We have just finished up a long meeting with the Rogers. We have been trying to avoid doing this for as long as possible, but unfortunately, we are going to have to raise the registration fee to $65 per car. If NEETS is going to continue to pay the highest purse out of all the enduro series around and provide the end of the season banquet and payouts, this has to be done. Besides, this is the 9th year of NEETS Racing, we have never once raised this fee outside of special events. This decision was not easy for us to make, it does not bring me any pleasure having to do this, but with the track passing along higher expenses to our series, we are left with no choice....

My deepest apologies for us having to do this now, but this is the only way the series can stay racing at Grandview Speedway at this time.

We are looking forward to one of the most interactive, full-blown fun years of enduro racing with NEETS! Hope to see you all on Sunday!

DPORCR312
03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
First things first... Thank you to Joe, Erin and the rest of the crew for doing all the things that you do. I greatly appreciate it! Please dont think that I don't, but I do have 2 things that I want to give my two cents on.
The parking situation is the first thing. The reason that I own the bus and show up at 9am every race is because of that front row. I just spent the last week working on it to get it ready for the season. If the slingers can race on grandviews racing surface then they can drive through the pits. Does anyone think that if they were at Grandview on a saturday night that the modifieds would have to give up their front row because of ground clearance? If the slingers want that first row they should have to show up early like the rest of us!
Lastly is the increase from 50 dollars to 65 dollars. I thought that the main reason in getting other series involved with us was to help put more fans in the stands. Im ok with an increase but I think that a 30 percent increase is a little crazy! From what I read it sounds like this was something that neets did not have a choice in but crazy is crazy no matter whose behind the reins!
I know that RCR was pumped about this up coming weekend and now... not so much. I hope this all works out for the best and we all have a great first race! Good luck to everyone!

Danger83Ranger
03-31-2011, 05:47 PM
I hate to be the bent stick in the bunch but that tops the cake for me. I was already mad about paying 50 bucks, especially in my financial situation. Considering just about the same guys get the payout every race, I could careless about a purse decrease. Im done, trucks for sale, thats if my dad doesnt steal it...:lol:

richardpetey
03-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Better schedule more races at Wall! You've lost control of the GV series to the real "waterboy"............................................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RICK16RACIN
03-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Well i sat in on the meeting with joe last night and it was put a very simple way or we dont race !!! The cost of the ambulance and all the crew has gone up , with diesel topping 4 bucks a gallon and the track equipment runs on it !!! THERE INSURANCE HAS INCREASED TOO !! THEY SHOWED US ALL THE BOOKS AND FIGURES!!!! and since NEETS inception there has never been an increase in the entry fee with the exception of the mother race and special races like that!! Thats nine years !!! It sucks to have to it to you guys. Joe and I sat up talking trying to figure something else out , but this was the only solution!! Danger im sorry you feel this way but we cant do anything about it !!! Petey im sure it will be the same there too!!! If there was some other way we would have done it !!! but its a double edge sword!!! if we cut the purse, or do it this way !!! So please understand

critter
03-31-2011, 09:41 PM
wow , you guys tryin to keep me away or what , im with danger , but then again i didnt race much last yr , and im going to try and run a handful this yr , if i can

Danger83Ranger
03-31-2011, 10:29 PM
local enduro racing is dieing. i hate it as much as the next person, but enduro series just are not what they used to be and doubt they will ever be what they were 10+ years ago. im entitled to my own opinion, and i dont doubt that grandview is having price increases due to insurance reasons or whatever else. that was not my point in the previous post. the point is there is a breaking point. we have passed it. im not blaming anyone in particular, we are all victims some way or another. fans were no longer coming, driver counts were decreasing. all of this bs about the economy turning around is just that...bs. like i said, im at my breaking point with this enduro stuff. i will stick to my saturday nights with the late models and modifieds where everything is just peachy keen (yes i said peachy keen, lol)

with that said, good luck to everyone this year, i hope things turn around for you all. uncle petey, i may be crazy, but the watered down track was my favorite part...lol

Philter39
03-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Did you know that I paid $50 registration fee 20 years ago to race Enduros at Williams grove? To each his own but I will be there.
phil

CJfilms
03-31-2011, 11:06 PM
Well said Danger! :applause: Everyone is entitle to their own opinion....which can be as peachy and keen as they want it to be! :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Look at the big picture...prices are always going up....we haven't have serious sponsorshipS in years!!!!! Savage Dodge was a saving grace last season and we are VERY THANKFUL, but one sponsor for two years is what is leaving us no choice.....

Sponsorship prices have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since last year......ask Shon, how much did he save out of his own pocket by having the car dealership sponsor the Big Cars???? If you own a business...GET ON BOARD!!! Do the math, it will save you money and possibly allow us to eat some of our daily expenses and drop the registration fees again....

Bottom line...Erin and I are doing this on our own.... Does this mean your day costs 15 bucks more....yeah.....does this mean WE are making out like bandits????..... NO!!!! We have to balance ~$2,000 each event out of our pockets and into the series which is struggling (compared to five years ago) but still surviving and expanding! If $15 may break you, I'm sorry....I truly am...but $2,000 per event IS breaking us....we need to be around too, so NEETS can survive. This decision was not made easily, nor is it a profit-seeking idea....it's being done to keep you all on the track, regardless of what the owners do with themselves....

Drew, I understand your issue here....let's try it out for this first event....let's all talk about it at the driver's meeting. I am willing to try to work with everyone and move them around, but this is more or less a courtesy to the small guys. Their cars can literally get stuck on rocks in the pits, they won't be using the infield at all for this reason, and a rut in the pits could get one of these guys stuck before a race or during a tire change...

Also, note that Poppop pointed it out before.....June 18th is the correct date for the Big Cars!!!!

CJfilms
03-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Phil,

As always, your years of experience do speak quite loudly indeed!

I wish I didn't have to be the guy to change things around....but honestly, 20 years ago, how many cars were on the track? Did they pay out they way we do consistently at each race? Did the drivers get a banquet with trophies and payouts at the end of the year?

On a side note...Grandview suggested (more like stuck a gun in our backs) that we cut our purse since the Late Model division winner only takes home $750.........not bad when an enduro driver can win more than a driver racing a $30,000 race car, huh?

Philter39
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
I personally think that enduro racing is by far the best bang for the buck.

I will look for the payouts from back then. Williams Grove always had a banquet and had a point fund $5 from every car at each race. When I won the points at Big Diamond in 08 with the $200 Mazda it paid 0cents. I did get a nice trophy from Detwielers towing sorry if I missspelled your name Chucky.

Bottom line an average guy can afford to race enduros out of his own pocket.If you can not afford to race come on out and watch.

See you at the races. phil

rockinrick120
03-31-2011, 11:55 PM
The cost changes are one of those things that happen,not mad it sucks but oh well. Not trying to send an ungracious welcome to the slingers but they joined OUR day ,not the other way around. There are plenty of spots in the entire pits that they won't rub b/c it is a valid point that the track is that uneven at times as bad as pits. I am kind of ticked that the Date for the night race was put out there before it was firmed up as I booked a Dj job that I wouldn't have done for the opportunity to race on a Sat. night. Last but not least to Grandview about the payout oh ^$^%$%#^ well, lets see them put 40 modifieds on the track at the same time and see how long it would last b/c they could have a really good payout then but wouldnt have alot of cars left. I left New Egypt for that reason they were paying 250 to win in a class with cars that were getting out of hand cost wise. Have a great day! See You Sunday.

Poppop
04-01-2011, 05:14 AM
:-|Just a note on the late model payout. Everybody gets paid if they take the green in the feature. At least thats the way it was fifteen years ago.
Poppop

CJfilms
04-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Poppop...I believe that is the same nowadays....except we aren't getting paid by the speedway... We pay the purse out of the registration fees. Paying everyone back $5-$10 would be easier if we just lowered the registration fee! :angel:

Sac-Man
04-01-2011, 04:54 PM
I understand the costs are going up and I understand the registration increase. I think we've lost sponsership dollars and I think NASCAR forgot where it came from. A neets event still costs less than if you go to a NASCAR race and you get to drive! In the younger years the Enduros have had enough going for it to sustain itself but now that things have leaned out Big Mighty NASCAR has forgotten it's roots. If they helped sustain the race track then the race track would not be putting such a burdon on those who race there.
I hope to make it to a race or two but I am just at a point in my life with my family that I have to look inward. I also understand I have a NEETS family and I look forward to the days where we can spend more time together...

Danger83Ranger
04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
what are the outlaw slingers? are we talking about the tobias slingshots?

ThePill
04-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I think they are a group of Slingshots (yes the tobias slingshots) that decided to have a mini series at Grandview that doesn't count towards the normal Slingshot tour series. Pete Knappenberger is putting it together. Good thing about them is they don't flip every other lap like the speedstrs do

DerbyN8-128
04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
The parking situation is the first thing. The reason that I own the bus and show up at 9am every race is because of that front row. ............ If the slingers can race on grandviews racing surface then they can drive through the pits. D

I agree. The pits are smoother and easier to drive on than the track by far. If they are so low, how do the plan to get back out of the track? Or if they have a problem how to they get across the ruts to get into the infield. Also their trucks leaving while the pits are full from that front row is going to be a pain for everyone. They will be more in the way and have more trouble getting out. Should be closer to the gate so they aren't blocking enduro cars coming off the track to pit during the race. This is a bad idea in my opinion.

richardpetey
04-02-2011, 09:15 AM
First off, let me say I love the NEETS family and its ideals which make enduro racing so unique....................:applause:
Lately, my personal gripes aside, I'm witnessing the kidnapping of NEETS by the host track..............the tail is wagging the dog...................:rolleyes:
I realize we are living in a time of monetary problems but the recession was caused by the government subsidizing(interfering with) our economy............:(
The same thing is happening to NEETS! The government(Grandviews dicktator) has imposed his will on a good organization causing unrest among its peers...............................:*-(
The dicktator used the stale economy to mask his fleecing of the enduro sheep.....................:help:
To add insult to injury he added to his coffers by bludgeoning the already taxed organizations meager land holdings with more squatters...................:disgusted
Alas, even the squatters were not properly served by the dicktators edicts, he could not make the lowly marshland that the poor NEETS people had survived on for years capable of supporting the squatters..............:mad:
Therefore, this humble enduro servant begs the "king and queen" of NEETS to abandon this greedy dicktator and find greener pastures for their sheep............:*-(
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mobigsly
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Pits open - 8 AM
Registration & Tech Inspections

Slingers & Vintage Mod Warm-ups - 12 NOON
Transponder Check (Slow Laps) Enduro Cars ONLY
Driver's meeting

Slingers Heats - 1 PM
Vintage Mods Show
Small Car Line-ups
Slingers Feature
Small Car Enduro
Vintage Mods Race
Big Car Enduro
Ladies' Race

Saturday Nights!
Maybe we jumped a little too quickly....apparently, being told pick the dates and not hearing anything after that EVEN AFTER WE SCHEDULED THEM....wasn't right....

Saturday May 7th - Small Car Enduro - $50 Registration - 40 Laps - 27 Cars MAX
Saturday June 8th - Big Car Enduro - $50 Registration - 40 Laps - 27 Cars MAX

First off, May 7th was going to be the big car saturday night feature.. are you correct on this?

second, about what time do you think the big car enduro's will hit the field? just an estimate. Because I don't want to be there for transponder check at noon and then sit around till 9 to race and pack up and leave at midnight.

Danger83Ranger
04-02-2011, 12:26 PM
im still trying to figure out why there is such a big hype about the slingshots and there ground clearance. I raced a slingshot years ago. they have fully adjustable suspension and can compensate in height for grandviews rutted track. they are not much lower than the 600 micro sprints and 360 sprint cars...

the slingshots also ran a race at grandview a few years back and did very well. yes the 40hp v twin briggs motors dont create massive amounts of power, its basically a restrictor plate race for them at grandview, but its very exciting considering how close they all are. one tiny screw up and you drop 5 car lengths back. if u like watching daytona and talladega races, you will like watching these little cars battle it out on the 1/3 mile oval. im excited that they have returned. the speedstrs suck, they are a joke of a class. if your going to watch a 4 cyl sprint car class, ardc is the only way to go...besides the 600 micros of course...

RICK16RACIN
04-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Ok let me put all the hype about the slingshot parking !!! The track owners dont want the little cars crossing paths with the enduros in the pits, Hence they will park at the top and line up for there races there and thats it !!!! they will be done racing and packing up during the small car race and leave !!!

Danger83Ranger
04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Ok let me put all the hype about the slingshot parking !!! The track owners dont want the little cars crossing paths with the enduros in the pits, Hence they will park at the top and line up for there races there and thats it !!!! they will be done racing and packing up during the small car race and leave !!!

well that didnt happen now did it rick? lol. slingshots did there feature after the small cars.

it went well, the pits were tight and some cars were jammed and had to squeeze there way through but it turned out to be ok. if grandview wasnt so cheap, they would move the fence further down the hill to create more room...lol

Poppop
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
:(Now that we're paying more, shouldn't we get more? Maybe some silly little thing like having Mylaps posted in some reasonable amount of time.:lol:I guess the only thing to do about that is laugh.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poppop