PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling press release

rpkulik
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.neetsracing.com/results/2011/04-03.htm

Until Joe fixes the link on the NEETS Homepage.

CJfilms
04-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Woops!

It's fixed now, but thanks Bob for the direct link!

:applause::angel:

Mobigsly
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
What is the deal with making the race track a mud pit, and is this going to continue all year?

Poppop
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
:lol:Hell, that was like a desert compared to some of our other races. I only used ten tear offs.:lol:

Poppop

Maddawg
04-04-2011, 07:59 PM
:mad: These scoring issues need to be fixed !!!!!!!! I know my case is different from most (my transponder bracket broke) BUT I know I finished 4th or 5th in that race. I don't want to take anything away from those who's transponders worked correctly and congrads to all that was an awesome race !!!!! BUT we need to have some kind of back up scoring system !!!!!!!!! maybe hand scorers, a video camera focused on the start finish line ect.... something. What I am saying is after all the hard work, driving your ass off ,paying all the fees ect .. It just stinks not to get what you earned because of some stupid electronic device failing ---- PLEASE for every drivers,pit crew, fans, and officials sake look it some way of fixing this !!!!!!!!!!!
MADDAWG :cool:

gutter7
04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I told the kids for now on were running 2 or 3 of our transponders and the tower can figure it out

69racing
04-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I saw the link to mylaps.com for scoring but it isnt on their site yet. Any idea when it will be up on mylaps?

Philter39
04-04-2011, 10:58 PM
When ?
Its kind of like the Powerball lottery. Could be today, next week, 2 weeks............................. phil

CAPTAIN
04-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I know i was not 62 laps down, i know i spent time in the pits, but not 62 laps. I know i ran at least 65 laps. I agree that something needs to be done. Someone suggested having video at the start/finish line, good idea, that would also shut up a certain cry baby that always claims he has won every race but got screwed. Two transponders??? If you can afford it, go for it. For the ones running for points, some had a bad day!!! I had a camera in my car, at least i can prove the laps that i ran. Joe, i hope you are willing to change my finish!!!

Poppop
04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
:confused:I'm still waiting for the mylaps for the last race from last year. Not the one from Mountain, I had that by the time I got home from the track. I mean the one from the last race at grandview. If we could see the lap by lap report it would probably show where the laps were lost. I can't figure out how I got so far behind, maybe I got penalized for stopping when the red came out.:lol:

Poppop

Tracy57
04-05-2011, 07:04 AM
We at Carmen racing own our transponder. When Larry knew he did more than the laps indicated at the first race last year, we researched it. We went online (to my laps) into our account and saw exactly where the transponder didn't pick up the laps. There were a few laps missed.

As many of you know, I was out of racing last season, so I had the clipboard and counted the laps, when he pitted, when the red flags came out, and who he was passing- so that when results were posted, if there was a question, I printed out the mylaps sheet and gave it to Joe. This information also get transferred to the racing book where we keep tire pressures, finishes, technical notes etc.

If Larry would've been closer in points at the end, this is where notetaking/ research would've helped.

IF results get posted on my laps and if anyone wants to see their individual lap times, let me know, and I can print them out for you.

3gracing
04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Captain, based on the notes i kept. You were about 15-20 laps down! I think they should consider having some manual scoring from people in the stands who have done it before & know HOW to do it!!

3gracing
04-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Tracey, I have done the same with keeping the counted laps etc..it sure does help!!

We at Carmen racing own our transponder. When Larry knew he did more than the laps indicated at the first race last year, we researched it. We went online (to my laps) into our account and saw exactly where the transponder didn't pick up the laps. There were a few laps missed.

As many of you know, I was out of racing last season, so I had the clipboard and counted the laps, when he pitted, when the red flags came out, and who he was passing- so that when results were posted, if there was a question, I printed out the mylaps sheet and gave it to Joe. This information also get transferred to the racing book where we keep tire pressures, finishes, technical notes etc.

If Larry would've been closer in points at the end, this is where notetaking/ research would've helped.

IF results get posted on my laps and if anyone wants to see their individual lap times, let me know, and I can print them out for you.

Poppop
04-05-2011, 07:19 AM
:lol:IF mylaps gets posted. Thats a big if.:lol:

CAPTAIN
04-05-2011, 09:37 AM
From experience, kenny uploads to my laps after the saturday night race coming up this week. My brother sam also got screwed, he went off the track , his hood blew up, he went in, got a strap, and was out for the rest of the race. He was scored 34 laps down. Now, we have quality people on our pit team. I know it does not take 34 laps to put a strap across a hood. Some people are fair and honest about the laps they run. Jason brown gave up 3rd place, because he thought hires finished in front of him. Maybe kenny did not get the transponder wire fixed from last years fiasco. Someone also said maybe the transponders weren't fully charged and that would cause issues. how about someone from neets watching the pits going in and coming out and document for reference. Joe, we need some input here. 3g racing, i'd like to see your notes. Captain

RICK16RACIN
04-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok captain , we do have someone at the pit gate to let us know who goes on and off the track !!! and as far as calling names ??? He ran every lap so i think he has a s much of a ***** as you do!!!! And he didnt say he won the race either !!! You want your position moved as much as he does?? , so relax with the name calling!!!! Me and Joe are gonna watch the video and determine where people finished , but for now its 2nd and 3rd that are in question, the rest of the top 5 will remain the same for now.

CAPTAIN
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I was not name calling rick, i repeated that term that was said by an neets official that is higher up than you!!! It was stated that this person always cry and complains to get his way, and yes he was called a crybaby. Yes i want my position advanced, i ran at least 65 laps or more, not 38 laps, fair is fair. The same goes for any other driver. As far as the suggestions go, i was trying to be helpful, not ignorant!!!

CJfilms
04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
The Transponders...
We used transponders from Mountain Speedway, charged up the day before. I checked about 10 or so random ones in the box and they all had 3-4 blinks...they were fully charged. Chuck, wherever you heard that rumor, you can put that one to rest for them.

The Finish....
I had about 15 drivers unhappy with the finish. I understand the issue...if it is on our end, we will correct it. AS RIGHT NOW, the finish is completely UNOFFICIAL!!! FOR BOTH RACES!

Videos and notes...
Gary Silverman will be forwarding a copy of the races as usual...I will be watching over the video and comparing notes. Cindy Bott keeps track of each driver as they leave and re-enter the track, the laps they leave or return and major wrecks... NEETS Spectator, Dave Peters, has a video that ran from the beginning until the end of the race focused on the flip turns, #3 & #4...I can also use that to compare who was on the track at what times.

The Loop....
The transponder loop was broke last year...supposedly it was fixed. IF NOT, the track would be dealing with their Modifieds losing out thousands of dollars before they deal with us...but, there has been no word on them having a problem thus far and now it is Tuesday.

Mylaps....
You all have Jen Bachman, Grandview's transponder operator, to thank for the uploads. She will get the computer...THE SATURDAY NIGHT AFTER OUR RACE...she will upload our results with next Saturday's results. When she doesn't get the computer...they don't get uploaded. ...period... When Jen does have the computer, she usually let's me know she has it and even asks me if anything needs to be put online. After the MUTHA race, it sat in a corner of the Roger's house and did not move...she only recently has used the computer, so when she gets it Saturday night...she will be able to upload this race and the MUTHA.

Track soup anyone?
You know...I know...there is no talking to Kenny about it. I've tried calmly, I've tried begging, I've tried telling him we are losing cars because of it. Want him to come out at the next driver's meeting and scream at everyone again??? It can be arranged.

Name calling...
No one was name calling and it will not be tolerated. If anyone is to be called a crybaby, well then I have about 60 drivers I can name....Poppop keeps posting about the mylaps...does that means he is now a crybaby?...no. He's right....and that just plain sucks! :lol:

The problem...
Grandview. period.... The equipment is old, they won't work with us, we're outsiders...there is no changing that. I want things to be right for everyone, but I can't change what NEEDS to be changed.

Erin and I will do a full review for this past race. We are thinking of a way to prevent this from being a problem at the next event and next and the next...but when we cannot do it without help anymore. Either stop the whining on the forums and help us out or stop coming...until we have everything right! ;)

I'm working on something big for next season...this season may have to be considered a complete wash if things cannot be changed.

I'm willing to do whatever I can to make it work for you all. I've put nearly everyday of the past seven years of my life into making this series work...I'm sorry if things aren't perfect, but this is what I have to deal with...everyday... It's hard to have to put up with all the stress of making the race even happen, but it is worse trying to put up with the $#!T that I know has to happen after each event. And I don't mean the typical complaints....I mean having 10+ drivers saying the scoring is screwed up and having to watch the DVD of every race 5 times over EVERY RACE.....it's getting old and all the work we put it is basically going down the drain. It's hard work and good money going to bad...in the end, we lose too, usually a LOT MORE than even a few race teams combined.....

We'll do what we can to make this right...but something has to change. I've sent a few text messages out a little while ago...I'll be sending more out soon...I have something I need to "feel out" that I want to keep offline for now....

Again...work with us, don't just expect things to be right...this is your series too, not mine!

richardpetey
04-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Nobody is blaming you Joe!....................:rolleyes:
I can see what your up against, it isn't fair.......................:help:
If this goes on any longer Mr. Rodgers will be putting NEETS in the Closet along with his pet water truck...................:mad:
I get calls from peeps "from the other track" all the time....maybe its time to take control of the series...................:cool:
I'm so upset about whats happening I can't even show up at the "mud puddle"................:(
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Maddawg
04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Joe, you need to look at pos. 2-3-4-5 in the big car race.. As you said Cindy watches every car that goes off the track- I know this is true because I was an official for you last year at the pit gate and know what that job entails .. I never left the track, except for a trip through the infield. possibly loosing a lap due to missing the loop. I ran every other lap and know I was passed by the 6x and the 2 , that puts me possibly 2 or 3 laps down NOT 35 and that does put me finishing in the top 5 , not 18th !!! I can honestly tell you and most other drivers out there KNOW who they beat and who beat them on any given race day !!!!!!!! Thats what we do !!! Thats why we RACE
MADDAWG:mad:

BIGDADDY64
04-05-2011, 07:12 PM
JMO i dont want to cause trouble with anyone, but where are your transponders mounted. I have mine mounted in the rear passenger floor area and it barely gets any mud on it. I know some of the guys who park near me have theirs mounted up on the front passenger floor and theirs gets alot more mud then mine does. I dont know if this causes some of the problems or not. like I said this is just my opinion. see every one in May.

Rowdy Rules 51
04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
i watched the entire big car race, i watched 1 car and 1 car only. that was the 14 car. Bob was MAYBE 4 laps down at the most, i certainly have your back on this mess Bob

nscrchick
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow, 1st all I can say is that the transponders definatley had issues for whatever reason, many have said they felt the places that were posted were wrong. 2nd the Captain did just repeat a name that was called by someone else (I was standing in the same area and heard it) but this is a common thing for this guy he has acted the same at 2 other tracks (I have witnessed it first hand). 4th I don't think any scoring should have been changed until it was confirmed by an official. It's easy for anyone to say they have finished better. And that guys own brother was saying that he was down a few laps because he was sitting in a corner for awhile so Mr. Rick he did not run every lap. So, just saying confirm before you change something. That's how it was done in the past. And also, he was heard saying he won that race just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't said. I do hope all is fixed and we can move on and have a great year. Joe and Erin are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

critter
04-05-2011, 08:00 PM
wow kinda glad im not racin right now :confused:

DerbyN8-128
04-05-2011, 09:25 PM
The Transponders...

The problem...
Grandview. period.... The equipment is old, they won't work with us, we're outsiders...there is no changing that. I want things to be right for everyone, but I can't change what NEEDS to be changed.

I said it before and will say it again.
Grandview would make a better housing development than it does a "race track".

RICK16RACIN
04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I remember it very clearly that he said he didnt win the race in the office ??? maybey he said something before hand i dont know ??? and everyone was so worried how long he sat in the corner , but if you look at the highlights from gary it shows justin sitting in the 4th corner backwards for a long time ????:confused: i am willing to bet the transponder line from last year is still the same way it was when we had our last race!!!!!

Poppop
04-06-2011, 06:07 AM
:wave:The track loop would be easy enough to check the next time. Just have the first car to test their transponder make another pass down low to see if it works there too. :)

Poppop

tbirdracer
04-06-2011, 01:10 PM
i watched the race from the stands. i question who was said as the leader as the race went on. chuck ran a lower line as he raced the front stretch.the one car they said was winning as running higher on the track. maybe the problem is still there, i think poppop is right by having cars past on different places on warm ups to check transponders. when gv race sat.nights it is easy to see who is leading, in our racing cars travel different speeds so it is much harder. joe, we know you work very hard and try to be fair. please don't take it to hard, the drivers are only asking if things were fixed because of their placement at the end.

Philter39
04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I am not disputing my finishing positions. Driver error X 2 . phil

STU
04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Please guys, think about what you say on here. If I was someone thinking of putting a car together and came on here to ask a question, and read all this stuff, I might think twice, or race somewhere else. JMO
Cory

richardpetey
04-07-2011, 10:02 AM
With all due respect, would you rather new NEETS members show up at the track and experience these problems first hand?.................:eek:
Or maybe, use this forum for its intended purpose..............:applause:
Most of the NEETS peeps, as a group, can't communication with each other on a
daily one to one basis, so this forum is a perfect medium to iron out problems..................................:cool:
If enough of the NEETS family get fed up with current conditions and decide to collectively fix the problem, then "airing out your laundry in public" ia a good thing................................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

AK17
04-07-2011, 01:49 PM
If enough of the NEETS family get fed up with current conditions and decide to collectively fix the problem, then "airing out your laundry in public" ia a good thing................................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:[/QUOTE]

The scoring problems are because of the loop, it’s ALWAYS the loop! Sure there are a few cases of improperly mounted or not fully charged transponders but those are rare. And we should assume that the loop will not be fixed. As-far-as the other divisions that run at the track…two 10 year old kids sitting in the stands can tell you the finishing order of 16 car 25-lap Feature.
Think of all the problems we could eliminate if we did not rely on transponders at all.
• Joe would not have to rent them from who-knows-who and hope that they work.
• For those of us who rent… we save $20 a race to offset the cost of the recent increase. That makes race day $5 cheaper than last year!
• No worries and complaints about Mylaps… I know it’s cool but to hell with it, we don’t NEED it.
• No wasted time on race day with transponder checks…line up and go!
I don’t know what the answer is, hand scoring, flop clock, video cameras on the start/finish line but whatever we come up with is almost guaranteed to be better than what we have now. I would rather take the money that we are use to paying for transponders and hire a small group of people to hand score the races…I don’t know the answer but I do know this is broken and we need to fix it. For all the time, money and effort that we all put into this (including all the Officials) nobody should be leaving the track pissed-off not knowing where he finished or if he has the right trophy in the trunk.

rustyboltz6
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Well said Petey! This is the place to discuss the "issues at hand", whether it's in the pits, in the garage or on the track. However, it shouldn't be the place for bashing, belittling and name calling. Unless, of course, it is all in the spirit of family-fun enduro racing!!

AK17, I think you are reading many driver's minds when it comes to transponders? :confused: Not unlike most of the new electronic devices that continue to make life "simpler", the transponders are only reliable to a certain degree. There are too many variables to consider. Does it have a full charge? Is it mounted in the car properly? Is it covered in mud after the first several laps? Is the "loop" picking up the signal? Did I miss the loop while spinning into the infield, or avoiding a front stretch pile-up? Does my name correspond to the serial number on the transponder? Too many things need to be just right for the entire system to properly work and it is very difficult for two or three people to keep track of "all" the cars, when they are most likely watching only 1 or 2. I was never a fan of transponders and still am not, even though I bought my own. I can always sell it! I've raced almost 25 years and when I started there certainly were no transponders in any enduro race that I was in, nor were they missed or asked for. It does seem that there should be a better way? I think that if nothing else can be done immediately, at least allow the drivers to provide a manual scorer to assist in double-checking all the electronc information that is generated by the transponders, which as we are continuing to see is many times, incorrect. Sometimes you just can't go wrong with "Old School" technology!!!! Just ask Phil, I bet he would agree?

jimwhite
04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
This is a comment on the last post about getting rid of the transponders . I think the transponders help to bring racers to the track i have raced neets since it started back in the days of mountain and it sure helps the one man show . I can come to the track all alone and not have to find some body to score for me . The only track that i race at that doesnot have this system is riverhead and man is it a pain in the a$$ to find a person who will score a race . I can see your point we have had trouble with the loops as long as i can remember but the only thing you can do is fix the issue or find another track to use. but try to keep it simple for the one man shows jmo:wave:

rustyboltz6
04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree and I am sometimes in the same boat, without "extra" help. I think many drivers are in that situation? I'm not pushing for "mandatory" manual scorers or to eliminate the transponders, but just to have the opportunity to allow "optional" manual scorers for the drivers that can. I think it would help in the overall big picture of the scoring issue.:cool:

Philter39
04-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I like transponders. My Wife likes transponders she is tired of manual scoring.

Keep the transponders. phil

3gracing
04-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Transponders are good as long as you can keep yourself in the loop for them to pick you up (which is not always possible). It seems if you run the low groove of the track or based on track conditions are forced into the infield you loose that lap. Keep the transponder but give the guys the option to have someone manually score them as well. Im sure there are enough of us racing phanatics(sp) out there who would be willing to score for another driver if needed!

gutter7
04-08-2011, 08:46 PM
We have three transponders on three cars we run every sat. night and they have recorded every lap turned, ... and they are hanging on the right rear of the car getting hit by all kinds off mud , we've used them at the enduro and something funny happens.