PDA

View Full Version : North Wilkesboro

limodmaniac
04-05-2011, 05:17 PM
How many cars would you expect at North Wilkesboro?

Who is definitely going/ not going?

AlkyMadness
04-05-2011, 07:18 PM
At this point, I'm not expecting too many. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if there is a good turnout instead of disappointed.

I'll be there on Saturday for the main events.

With only three days to go, you would think the promoter would post the mod entries (if they had anything to post). My guess is, ticket sales for the PASS have exceeded expectations and they really don't care if the mod thing happens or not. That was just an ace in the hole if needed to pull in fans like they did with the Pro Cup race last Fall.

Lot of rumors going around. I've heard they have six entries and I've heard they have just over 21 (including Geoff Bodine). The Bodine thing may be true since he is entered in the PASS event.

If I lived NY and wanted to see mods this weekend, I'd be a Thompson. Damn sure wouldn't pay the gas bill to haul all the way to NC and be disappointed. For that matter, given all the racing you have in the Northeast and PA/NJ area, I'd never make it this far.

limodmaniac
04-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Prob not going.. But would be nice to see North Wilkesboro.. Probably only doing Thompson on Sunday.

EdR
04-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn sure wouldn't pay the gas bill to haul all the way to NC and be disappointed. For that matter, given all the racing you have in the Northeast and PA/NJ area, I'd never make it this far.

I couldn't agree with you more.racing in the south plain ass sucks!!!! Mooresville NC is named race city usa....... BULL**** !!!!!

If I was still in NJ, I would be at New Egypt.Great dirt racing.Middeltown NY and Accord.Central PA so much racing make your head hurt.

Ed

MJProcko
04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Wow, the historic North Wilksoboro Speedway is rising from the ashes to run it's first ever race at night. A race that will have virtually every big name in SLM racing in North America, over 90 entries for 75k and people are worried about the filler modified race not living up to expectations. That's the equivelant of having a mod race with the top cars of all 4 tours as well as the best weekly racers running for 75k. It's not a modified race, the modified race was tossed in as a filler with a nice 5k to wiin to boot. If all I want to see is a modified race then why would I be at any place other than Thompson this week in the first place. The first big mod race of the year, I'd be there without question.

But as a race fan I would love to be at NWilksboro this weekend as there has not been a short track race this big in years if not decades...... And I sure hope the PASS folks do well with it so that someone will try the same things with the modifieds. I know I have my dream race all planned out and I would like to see this prove it possible.

kinserfan11
04-08-2011, 09:36 PM
7 Cars ? why with 5 Grand to win?

burtmyers1
04-08-2011, 11:15 PM
7 Cars ? why with 5 Grand to win?

Its a complete embarrassment to all Tour Type Mods. Burt and Jason and Junior Miller are the only Southern cars to show up. The other four are ROC cars.

You can probably say goodbye to anymore Modified races at North Wilkesboro.

KH0429
04-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Well, running against the Icebreaker probably was not the best idea. But again, more Southern mods should definitely be there for sure.

limodmaniac
04-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Why wasn't the race scheduled as part of the Whelen touring series? Would have guaranteed a bigger field.

NC Mudcat
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Why wasn't the race scheduled as part of the Whelen touring series? Would have guaranteed a bigger field.

Because its a super late model race, not a modified race. Next year, this race will have a limited late model race as a filler, or something that people here care about, and it will draw a huge field of cars with drivers that would love an opportunity to race there. The modified fans are sparse, except at BGS, and that doesn't count because they don't travel well. The drivers obviously care more about running a NASCAR race than a money race; otherwise the southern tour cars would have shown up. Tonight the seats will be loaded with race fans, but this one gets to go 3 hours later now that the mods will be a waste. This is indeed a shame.

uticamike
04-09-2011, 10:22 AM
If the Modified guys were smart they'd get together before the race and made sure they put on a great show. I don't mean cook up the results just make sure they passed either other a number of times to entertain the crowd. (read the Ed Flemke book). Wouldn't it be great to have people say after the race those 7 Mods put on one hellava show? Maybe even top the SLM feature. Plant a seed for the future.

Racer1_NC
04-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I sure don't understand the low car count. I do know that many of my racing buds aren't going now because of the low mod turnout.

The southern mod community really messed up on this one and for the life of me I don't know why.

jfp711
04-10-2011, 10:11 AM
i have read so many times the southern guys ***** they race for crap purse need more money etc, now Wilkesboro steps up with 5K to win and 3 southern modifieds support the show....what an embarressment....who cares that Thompson is running today, there are more then enough southern team's that could have supported this race....

Gary66
04-10-2011, 04:04 PM
From Speed51.com

Junior Miller -winner
2nd- John Markovic
3rd- Jason Myers
4th- Rick Kluth
5th- Burt Myers

dbucs1
04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
As a southern mod fan that travels to every mod race I am embarrassed by our southern drivers. For the life of me I dont get it, they want race there cars yet I saw about 5 drivers in the stands watching the race. I have never been a big late model fan but I liked what I saw in the pass series drivers that race hard drivers that show up and a fan base thats passionate about there series. I keep wondering why I spend my money on the southern mods. I have so much respect for the myers not because how they race or there ability but because they freaking show up if there is a race to be ran.

RGeeProductions
04-11-2011, 07:46 PM
From Speed51.com

Junior Miller -winner
2nd- John Markovic
3rd- Jason Myers
4th- Rick Kluth
5th- Burt Myers

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?23301-04-11-11-Junior-Miller-Wins-THE-RACE-Mod-Feature1-at-North-Wilkesboro

burtmyers1
04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I did see on another website today where someone posted that he ran the Fall race and has yet to be paid. Although I can not confirm this 100% as the person posted under name the "An Owner" so whether there is truth to it or not who knows, but its a possibility.

Howie
04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
My gallery from North Wilkesboro is up http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=1784&page=1

MOD11RACER
04-14-2011, 09:11 AM
No Rules, NoTech = No Modifieds

Brian Hawks
04-14-2011, 09:19 AM
That statement is so far from the truth.

burtmyers1
04-14-2011, 10:50 AM
No Rules, NoTech = No Modifieds

How does the Stadium have 20 cars every week then?

worm
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
more cars at pratice thursday, than north wilksboro race that paid 5000.00

frank54
04-22-2011, 08:57 PM
I just moved down to North Carolina, living in hiddenite and im hoping to run a couple of southern tour races this year. Im only about 20 miles from North Wilkesboro and have purchased the 51 modified along with my late model .As soon as i get settled in I promise to be out there with all you southern gentlemen