PDA

View Full Version : Any news on television this year???

Moa57
04-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if either Speed TV and/or Versus is going to be showing the mods on tape delay again this year???

spotter27
04-08-2011, 08:19 AM
from a very good source there is no TV for mods on versus this year,only K&N not sure about speed

MJProcko
04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
does anyone know the ratings between the WMT & K&N from last year?

I figured when NASCAR made the big annoucment that they were live streamin the races on NASCAR hometracks that was their way of saying no TV for the WMT. There is a much bigger desire for them to put the 14yo's in the K&N series on as they are groomed for TV.... remember when drivers like Geoff Bodine & Mark Martin actually won races for years earning a trip to the big time instead of someone looking at a 12 yo's face and saying I can see this kid hawking my product all we got to do now is teach him to drive.

TMAC
04-11-2011, 12:24 PM
How about getting in touch with jason,the pr guy for the tour?

RGeeProductions
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
How about getting in touch with jason,the pr guy for the tour?

?????
Jason is just the NASCAR PR man. He has no authority to make or change decisions of NASCAR.

limodmaniac
04-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I heard that they are still trying to get something done. And that there is supposed to be a meeting in the near future. Hopefully, it's productive.

And if the K and N series has a package, it is especially wrong if the modifieds do not have one.

TMAC
04-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Correct,but maybe he could help in getting us answer.Since he is the pr guy

Fast&Legal
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
At the driver's mtg at Thompson on Sun. Phil K (Whelan) stated that Speed will cover Bristol and the last Loudon race and that he was having a meeting down south to try and work on more. Verses channel has been sold and they might still have coverage but they have to figure out their programing format first.

KyleMac45
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Well the fact that VS was bought out, doesn't help out, I forget who bought them out, I think NBC I heard? So now they are focused on IRL stuff, hence the WMT 1hr wed night slot was taken by a IRL show...

They need to find a sports company willing enough to get them a 1hr slot...

Kyle

NWMT PR
04-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Fast&Legal's post is about as informative as it gets at this point in time. Versus was bought out by Comcast/NBC, and there have been significant changes with the network since.

Expect an announcement any day now about the SPEED broadcast schedule.

JMB
04-12-2011, 07:40 PM
That is not entirely correct. VS has been owned by Comcast for years.(dating back to when it was still called Outdoor Life Network) Comcast itself bought out NBC Universal recently. That is probably what is causing all the changes.

The Bullfather
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
When listening too Sirius/XM radio, not sure which show but they mentioned Speed has a new regime looking to shake things up and try to get it back to more race oriented programs. But who knows if it holds any water?!?!

Gil
04-13-2011, 02:21 AM
When listening too Sirius/XM radio, not sure which show but they mentioned Speed has a new regime looking to shake things up and try to get it back to more race oriented programs. But who knows if it holds any water?!?!

It would really be nice if they were about 99% racing!

catfish
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
50% would be a good start

Howie
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Speed will be doing 24 K&N East & West races and 2 modified races - the combo race at Bristol and the fall race at NHMS.

Live updates on http://www.thechromehorn.com/ folks!

limodmaniac
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
And who decided that the K and N series would be the more popular or the better series to give exposure to? Did Speed decide that? Did Nascar? Shame on them! I just ordered tickets for South Boston and I told them that I'm from NY and that I'm coming down for the modifieds, NOT the K and N.

burtmyers1
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
And who decided that the K and N series would be the more popular or the better series to give exposure to? Did Speed decide that? Did Nascar? Shame on them! .

How many hot young talents are coming from the Modifieds?

Fat Albert
04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
How many hot young talents are coming from the Modifieds?

There is absolutely no talent on the K&N!

The Bullfather
04-15-2011, 11:14 PM
There is absolutely no talent on the K&N!
REALLY???
Darnell Wallace, Corie LaJoie, Chase Elliott, Coleman Pressley, Max Gresham, plus all the other kids under Waltrip or Gibbs and others!

Look for yourself, http://hometracks.nascar.com/drivers/7

It's become a breeding ground for young talent

limodmaniac
04-16-2011, 07:02 AM
I'll take Ryan Preece, Matt Hirschman, Bobby Santos, Justin Bonsignore, Erick Rudolph over them any day for pure talent and driving ability.

If not for having a Gibbs, Hendrick, Waltrip name attached to it, that series goes no where. Even with those names, how much of a fan base does that series have?

Darnell Wallace? Coleman Pressley? I see Brett Moffit got driver of the month for his ONE win, that he lead from the pole. George Brunnhoelzl ended up 2nd in points ( despite more first place votes) and he had TWO wins. That doesn't add up either.

Fat Albert
04-16-2011, 09:25 AM
REALLY???
Darnell Wallace, Corie LaJoie, Chase Elliott, Coleman Pressley, Max Gresham, plus all the other kids under Waltrip or Gibbs and others!

WHO???....Having famous Fathers/Uncles doesn't qualify you as a young talent.
Just a young guy with money and connections. JMHO!

The Bullfather
04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I rather watch modifieds, but most talents know K&N is a stepping stone into developmental deals and maybe even full time deals to Trucks or Nationwide. But to kill the series cause it not your cup of tea? K&N has produced more talents in those series then The Mods and of course we're going to be bias because it's The Chrome Horn and we love mods! But TV would rather have the footage of the next young star in Nascar top three then the mods. They bring more sponsorship dollars also. Darnell's win last year were some exciting races, in one we saw old school slamming down the backstretch, door to door into the corner.

Howie
04-16-2011, 11:27 AM
At one time the drivers that were “seat of the pants” drivers were looked at for Cup rides. From modifieds, drivers like Pete Hamilton, Jimmy Spencer, Greg Sacks, all the Bodine brothers and later Steve Park got to Cup. Then you saw USAC open wheel drivers like Jeff Gordon, Mike Bliss, Ryan Newman, Tony Stewart, etc. get Cup rides. Now we’ve cycled again to the development era where cup teams pick very young drivers and groom them for future Cup rides in “similar” cars. At North Wilkesboro last week there was a kid who just turned 13 years old driving his very first SLM race in a car with backing from Kevin Harvick. Remember the name Gray Gaulding. The way the talent search has gone it appears our young modified drivers are already too old (or don’t have enough money) to be considered.

The Bullfather
04-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah it does seem to cycle through, we also had the California blast of drivers come in. While the mods had their drivers, ASA saw a flood of drivers too back then. Seems Super Late Models is the breeding ground for these 13-14-15 year olds.

I wish I could see all the mod races on tv, lets hope we get more then 2 races.

kinserfan11
04-16-2011, 03:31 PM
This is the ONLY airing of any Mod Tours Race on Speed that I found
Whelen Modified Tours Combination Race Wednesday, Aug. 24 Bristol Motor Speedway :disgusted

RGeeProductions
04-16-2011, 07:46 PM
This is the ONLY airing of any Mod Tours Race on Speed that I found
Whelen Modified Tours Combination Race Wednesday, Aug. 24 Bristol Motor Speedway :disgusted
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?23342-NASCAR-Announces-2011-Developmental-Series-Programming-On-SPEED