PDA

View Full Version : Mylaps is up

Poppop
04-09-2011, 11:58 AM
:confused:I just looked at mylaps for the spring fling and it doesn't look like the race I was in. It shows me loosing 19 positions by lap 3 which clearly didn't happen. Then it shows me only finishing 52 laps. I had a flat somewhere around lap 50 but I came right back on the track and was there at the checker. OK, now I'm officialy not happy.:mad:

Poppop

ThePill
04-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have a list on what laps red flags came out?

DerbyN8-128
04-09-2011, 09:08 PM
higher registration fees to race at a track that gets flooded with water and their junk timing system doesn't work right causing drivers to not get the position they deserve...:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

Guess I'm not missing much again this season

mcstockcar
04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Sounds like your having fun this year with the 10 laps of the water truck too!

Philter39
04-10-2011, 07:55 AM
You are missing racing. Although I crashed out both of my cars which was my fault I had a blast racing at Grandview. I will be back next race. You can stand on the sidelines and be critical and tear this series apart. But what god does that do ? phil

NeetsSpectator
04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Although I crashed out both of my cars which was my fault I had a blast racing at Grandview.

It looks like a blast! Will it live to see another race?

rockinrick120
04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Phil that had to be the best after the fact save of the year! Saw it on the highlight video. I agree with you about the track,complaining isnt't going to change the wet and i had a ball for the 13 laps i was out there.

Philter39
04-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes it will return. Honda is fixed. Waiting for a part for the Mazda. Pontiac's frame damage is limited to bumper and radiator support portion. Just have to find the time to operate. phil

tbirdracer
04-11-2011, 09:50 AM
hey phil, i got some super glue and duck tape you can use! :lol: glad that it is fixable.

NeetsSpectator
04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I just checked out the MyLaps race results for Grandview.
For the April 2nd and April 9th shows, The scoring system looks like it was working perfectly. None of the problems like we were having on April 3rd.

Now I'm wondering what could have caused the scoring problems.

Philter39
04-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Could the extra water have any negative results on Mylaps scoring ? It seems to me that most of the missed laps that I saw are early in the race. Rob Pyle missed 3 in the 1st 5 laps. Last year I had the same problem. How about a call to the tech dept at Mylaps Joe. Maybe they may have some input. Or is it output ? phil

Philter39
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Pop pop did you click on your name on the results page ? It will show you your lap times. I see that you had many 3 min laps . Were you walking around the track???? I have been looking at many of the competitors like #65 . phil

Poppop
04-11-2011, 10:07 PM
I was just looking at it again Phil and was surprised to see the same thing happened to Bob. Positions got all jumbled around and you couldn't tell what the heck was realey happening on the track. I got a head start on the mylaps thing at work today. I sent an e-mail to tech support about what was happening but didn't get an answer yet. I also thought about the water thing but why didn't it happen last year when we ran in all that rain?

Poppop

NeetsSpectator
04-11-2011, 10:37 PM
From Kenny's point of view, would you start messing around with your scoring system if it was working perfectly every Saturday night? I wouldn't.
There may be an easy answer to what went wrong but if it is not examined while it is happening then we can only guess at what the problem is.

Keep on racing, use the scoring system, and have backup plan or two to verify the race results.

Philter39
04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Look at the modifieds and late models. No scoring issues there. What is different that we have the problems and they do not. phil

richardpetey
04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Their not racing UNDERWATER..................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Poppop
04-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Look at the modifieds and late models. No scoring issues there. What is different that we have the problems and they do not. phil

We run more cars, slower cars and heavier cars. Were there any scoring issues with the slingers? It's still a mystery to me.

Poppop

EnduroFromDE
04-13-2011, 06:25 AM
i dont know if this could be an issue but just throwing it out there. Is there a max range as far as the distance between the transponders in the cars and the loop? Of course the mods and sprints are closer to the racing surface then some enduro cars. Im not sure if that has anything to do with it but im just throwing out some ideas. But the use of alot of water seem like the more feasible explanation for the issue.

DerbyN8-128
04-20-2011, 09:52 PM
You are missing racing. Although I crashed out both of my cars which was my fault I had a blast racing at Grandview. I will be back next race. You can stand on the sidelines and be critical and tear this series apart. But what god does that do ? phil

First of all, I am not in anyway tearing the series apart. I am completely aware of why things are the way they are and know Joe wants the best for the drivers, the track and it's owners don't care about the series one bit, and I don't like that at all. Ever since NEETS first set foot (or tires) on that track surface, Grandview has done nothing to help the series. The track itself has potential to bring in more revenue by adding a Sunday afternoon full of racing, but they do nothing to work with the series, and do very little to promote the series, in my opinion. As far as the complaint department, I hear a lot more negative things from drivers about racing at Grandview then I hear good.
But, most drivers (not all) still say they have a blast, even driving around in the slop mess off a piss poor prepared track that they provide the series with. Heck two years ago when I raced a full season with the series I had a blast all season in my slow car just running laps in the mud. Who wouldn't? That isn't my point, and I am sorry you took it as bashing the series or side line complaining. I want what is best for the series as well, weather I am racing or not at this moment. Which brings me to the main point of my post. The series is having problems at Grandview, no one can argue that. I am currently not racing because I have other priorities right now and don't have the extra money to spend on racing. When I heard prices are going up, and the quality of racing is going down, it makes me sick. How is a series supposed to grow and add new drivers when this is the case?

I miss racing with the series, yes. But these days, I am not about to pay MORE for LESS...and there are a lot of other potential drivers out there that probably see it the same way.

I just wanted to clear up that I have nothing against the series itself.

Danger83Ranger
04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
ok after reading this, I see that this cannot only be a mounting issue. I know for a fact that poppop has his transponder mounted the best way possible and it has worked every race without any issues. grandview needs to start updating...period. the place is a hell hole.

Danger83Ranger
04-22-2011, 07:17 PM
i dont know if this could be an issue but just throwing it out there. Is there a max range as far as the distance between the transponders in the cars and the loop? Of course the mods and sprints are closer to the racing surface then some enduro cars. Im not sure if that has anything to do with it but im just throwing out some ideas. But the use of alot of water seem like the more feasible explanation for the issue.

on the mods we have them mounted at least 24" off the ground behind the right rear wheel on the panel outside of the fuel cell. they get muddy, are high off the ground and give zero issues. im officially stumped as to why the enduro cars are not registering correctly.

Poppop
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
:lol:I just got a reply from MYLAPS tech support and they said it's probably a noise issue. It must be interference from the stereo in the 51R.:lol:

Poppop

ohdeere51
05-11-2011, 08:36 PM
YOUR JEALOUS YOU KNOW IT:cool:

ROBBY DUNN 51R

Poppop
05-11-2011, 09:56 PM
:lol:I'm just glad that there was a red flag for me to hear better.:cheers:

Poppop