PDA

View Full Version : Big Diamond???

rustyboltz6
04-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Joe, in response to your new post about 2011, what about talking to the Big Diamond management?? With all the new "changes" and "re-organization" going on there this season, it might be a good time to talk to them?? I wasn't there yesterday @ practice, but I heard with the addition of "thousands" of tons of new clay and some other track changes, I heard it was pretty good. I'm sure there would be obstacles to overcome, but nothing that hasn't been hashed out before @ other tracks. It might be a way to get the car counts back up to 60 or 70?? JMO :cool:

tbirdracer
04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I was there and the track was fast and smooth. I got to take the 49 car out and the track was great. Can't wait until my car hits diamond to see how it runs.

rockinrick120
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
It would be a good idea but it would need to be neets rules. Big Diamond has there own and it works for them thats fine but I race in the Neets series and those are the rules i set my car to. The only reason i haven't at least tried big diamond is the no "stick shift" cars(pretty dumb as there were a hell of alot more standard cars back in 74 when my car is from). Can't get more stock then that since all cars came with a standard trans and automatic was an option. Anyhow I would be open to anything and support Neets whole heartedly. For the Record for all the Big Diamond Guys, I have seen video of your track online and WOULD like to race there. Looks like a hell of a good time also.
May the Racing Gods Always Smile on You!
Rockin Rick

Philter39
04-12-2011, 05:47 PM
BD is a nice track to race on. LOTS of racing room and no wall turn 1,2 and back straight. First track I raced on .1985 was the year. Still addicted. phil

rockinrick120
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Finish at Grandview. I like the video score thing. plus transponder also can't hurt either b/c some of us already own them. Big diamond is maybe an option,just like that is closer for some of you alot further for some of us. Maybe look at new egypt/Bridgeport nj. I support the series no matter what Joe decides is the best course of action.
This was supposed to be in the 2011 thread.

critter
04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
just dont loose your wallet at bd ,lol right phil , im hopin it stays at gv i do plan on returning and its a little closer for me to pull a car with my little toyota , but what ever happens i will still be around ,just my two cents

EnduroFromDE
04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Have to agree with Rick. I would love to see NEETS come a lil more south. Talk to the guys over at Bridgeport. They have 2 track. 5/8 miles track and an inner 1/4 track. ALOT closer for me and i would love to race there again in my Cavi. Only about 20 mins away from us Delawareans. Its still Jersey so its still run by the NJPD and would most likely have the same rules as Wall. I dont care what I have to do but I would not miss it. Heres a good idea, Airport Speedway. its a 1/8th miles track about 4 & 1/2 mins from my house.(with traffic)