PDA

View Full Version : Reality!

DPORCR312
04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
After watching the action on the forum since the last race and reading everything in the last day or two it looks to us that the future of Neets is looking grim. Jon Sacks and I have spent hours talking about the options for both us individually and Neets as a whole.
It seems that the majority of the people on the forum want the Neets series to finish the season out with Grandview. That isn't exactly what we feel should be done but if it is the case, our suggestion is this...
Jon and I are Saturday night racers. We are here with Neets because we cannot afford to race on a Saturday night! We love the Neets family but deep down we wish that the races were held like they are on a Saturday night. At first we thought what most of you are already thinking, this is an enduro not a modified of late model race. That being said, coming into our third season with Neets, it is very clear to us that in order to finish in the money with Neets our cars have to perform like a modified more and more every race! All that is ok with us but we know that the enduro mentality is that any driver on any Sunday can win the race if they can endure. We all know that this is not the case at this point.
We propose that the Neets series considers running their race in a Saturday night format. We would run heats, concis, and features. We feel that we could maintain the same rule book and we would not use any more time than what we use already. The races would become easier to keep track of, aiding in solving the scoring issue. The drivers would have at least two chances at making the feature and the track would be able to be prepped as an actual racing surface instead of a swamp bogger! We would also run cautions, re-racking the field, preventing the fast cars from running away without the pack. This type of racing is much more entertaining to race fans! The only people in the stands right now are our close friends and families or the people that came to watch the other series that are there with us. The other series that come to race with us also run in a Saturday night format!

To point the spotlight on the the Water Boy, or more formerly known as Kenny Rogers. We are all at the end of our rope with him. He claims that he is wetting the track to keep the dust from reaching the stands where his patrons are. I personally have never heard such a load of bull. The people in the stands are our patrons not his! Those people, as we all know, and as I stated earlier, are our family and friends that will be there to support us dust or no dust! Even more so, If the Water boy had half a brain he would realize that he should be catering to the people that are bringing him the most money! US! not the few fans that sparsely take shelter in the stands to take cover from the infamous water truck! That last sentence was for Uncle Petey! ;) The Water Boy makes more money on us than he does on a Saturday night, I guarantee it!!! He pays no purse and if he would stop running the water truck sooo much his fuel costs would be much lower! From what I am to understand he also doesn't pay for the ambulance, tow trucks, or track officials and we pay for three of his track employees out of our $65 entrance fee! Correct me if I am wrong??? He is rolling in the money and still refuses to listen to us!

Jon and I (Drew Ott) stand behind all of this 100 percent. I'm sure that not everyone will agree but we ask that you give the idea some serious thought before you begin your bashing. As I said in past posts, no one decision will ever make everyone happy. You will have the people that agree, the ones that follow, and the ones that move on. Either way I hope that Neets finds its place in the racing world once again. Joe... I feel for ya man and as always RCR wishes everyone the best! :cheers:

EnduroFromDE
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Not sure if your looking for a response and I normally dont add my input BUT...
I believe the format is fine the way it is and always have been. Other then the Mountain Speedway days of the Mutha races and the April Fools race 5 years ago(due to transponder issues...yes even on paved tracks there are transponder issues) theres only one race for each division. Im not trying to sound like a smart @$$ BUT if you wanted Heats, Consi's, and a 25 lap feature then the Enduro series may not be the right choice for you. Many tracks have classes for both 4 cyl and 8 cyl. Im not positive but Big diamond, Mountain, New Egypt, and Bridgeport all runs both classes. Granite theres not as many cars as neets, requires more money to race then neets, not as much racing then neets, less payout then neets, but atleast you get those yellow flags to catch your breath.

As the infamous water issues are concern and im sure im probly gona get some crap for this BUT the water put on the track is, in my eyes, acceptable. When your trying to figure out how much water to put on the track to allow 35 cars to race 100 laps without drying the track out and making a dust storm not only for the fans trying to watch us race but for the officials trying to keep an eye on the whole track, its easy to over/under estimate slightly. Either your going to have "too much" water and be too muddy at the begining, or not enough water and have issues seeing the race(fans, officials, & drivers) I remember racing at Bridgeport on the big track in my 4 cyl on a hot summer day and went out for practice on a non-watered down track and couldnt even make two laps before i couldnt see more then 3 car lengths in front of me. When your on a track nearly twice the size of grandview and speeds close to 85-90mph, seeing is kind of a plus. of course before i had a chance to make it 2 laps i came off turn two and slammed the outside wall and tore the R/F ball joint out of the car and bent the control arm. Point is I rather save my car with patience for about the first 20 laps then i would to drive blindly into a turn at 65 mph not seeing nor knowing if there are "dead cars" in that turn or not.

I just wish sometimes Joe can become Magical and do more then just pull a rabbit out of his hat and make everyone happy. I dont think houdini could even pull that one off. I do think he is trying and doing his best and making the most amount of people(fans, drivers, series & track officials) happy. What the series do need are some ideas and suggestions to help make the series bigger and/or better, and thats what Drew did. So even though i didnt agree with you completely, I do believe you posting this could help the series. Maybe others will post their 2 cents or more to better the series.
Thanks Drew and Jon.

richardpetey
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Drew and Jon Ott, you guys, IMHO, hit it right on the head......................:applause:
NEETS started as a traveling series maybe it should go back to its roots.........................:confused:
In response to the Rodgers' Riverbank Revue: this ain't my first mud/dirt rodeo.................:rolleyes:
I cut my enduro teeth on dirt tracks up and down the east coast and some race venues had their racing surfaces properly prepared for a 200 lap race, with no mud and minimal dust at the end of the show...............:drool:
These promoters knew how to groom their track and keep the show moving to the delight of the front and back gates .............:D
Many peeps bring up the old mud bogs at Flemington. Nazareth, Bridgeport, etc..trying to justify the pure mess at GV.....................:disgusted
Those OLD enduros had 200 to 300 cars starting the race and were viewed by promoters, back in the day, as "CIRCUS EVENTS" and the drivers/crews got "NO RESPECT".................:help:
As enduros and the economy evolved things have changed unfortunately the promoters mindset has not kept up with the times...............:(
The reason NEETS was originally formed was to change that old perception and command a little respect and show the spectators and racing venues that we are a real form of racing ............................:cool:
As a charter member of the NEETS family its killing me to witness the total disrespect shown to our series.....................:mad:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I want to add to my statement. I said that the water was "acceptable" Im saying that with the fact that the track is not getting "properly groomed" as it was a typical Saturday night race. Since its not being groomed and time spent on it the way a normal weekly series is, the amount of water being "flooded" at the beginning of the race is "acceptable" in order to keep the dust down for the whole race. I rather the track be "groomed" but im sure im not the only one that can predict that its not going to happen.

DPORCR312
04-13-2011, 10:49 AM
The biggest problem with Grandview is the material that the track is composed of. I have been to many dirt tracks and anyone that can say the same knows that you don't build a dirt track with DIRT or TOP SOIL, you build it with CLAY!!! Clay retains the moisture and doesnt turn to dust like the "dirt" that is at GV. When Rogers turns his track into a mud bog he is simply doing his best to make up for the lack of the correct material on the track surface. As for this not being the right type of racing for me, that may be the case. However, I do not have the cash flow to support that kind of racing. So I do my best to roll with the punches... bottoms up! :cheers: