PDA

View Full Version : Racing as we know it...

CJfilms
04-12-2011, 10:01 PM
In an brave effort to keep racing alive, the idea to finish off 2011 is as such...

1st - we have transponders from a different source this time around and possibly a "professional" operator, leaving the blame off of us this time.

2nd - I will find a flop clock and the races will be hand-scored...all drivers must bring along a scorer...period.

3rd - a camcorder...or two...will be recording all the happenings of the front stretch (start/finish) line and/or the pit gates...anyone cutting through the infield or missing the loop may still potentially not be scored...

4th - there will be no payouts or trophies at the events....let me repeat that... There will be NO TROPHIES OR PAYOUT AT THE EVENT!!! Winners will be mailed a personal check from me within a week after the final review of the hand scoring and video. Trophies will be awarded at the next event. ...Saturday night events will be ran as normal, payouts and trophies will be awarded that evening...if scoring is screwy then....then Grandview Speedway will have had their first error EVER on a Saturday night as it was noted to me that they NEVER have problems on Saturdays..... :angel:

If this is not to your liking....so be it....wait until we figure things out and have a place to call home where we are able to control things better. The worst thing I can do as a promoter...I just did....I am telling you to sit it out if you don't like it! I'd rather you enjoy watching rather than get aggravated with the series trying to last until we find a new home....

As the promoter....I'm saying this once and for all....this is the way it will be or it will not be at all.

The water issue will correct itself as simply as this...Kenny can either put down how much I tell him or we can spend as many laps as needed to run the track in...it will be determined by our pace truck driver when the track is tacky enough to start racing. I won't have our races start with puddles in the groove and water trickling down the speedway again.

If this system does not work and prove completely accurate, we will be left with no choice but to pull the plug as our last ditch effort to save the integrity of the series.... This is not going to be an easy task for us to undertake (Erin, myself and the whole series), but this is what must be done to provide the most accurate scoring we can.

Again....bear with us until greener pastures come along within either the latter part of this season or next season....or feel free to opt-out of this fiasco and wait it out. Either way, we know the consequences will be great.

Whenever the series moves, we have to expect to lose drivers...we expect new complications and learning experiences...we expect new options to be made available with time... We are in the process.....help us save YOUR series! We HAVE something in the making right now....next drivers meeting it will be VERY IMPORTANT that all drivers attend....get your pre-registrations in please!

More info will come as made available to myself....thank you all!

CJfilms
04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Also, I have to note one thing about the payouts....and why we are doing things this way...

We've had 34 Big Cars start the last race.....apparently, the top 30 or so drivers believe they were in the top 5. :mad::mad::mad:

While we figure this one out, keep in mind....since everyone "KNOWS" where they finished.......this is why we have to just..'re-assure' them.

richardpetey
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm proud of ya Joe, sounds like you'll finally gonna take control of the series..................................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

rk1714
04-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Joe , as you know I`ve had a problem with the watering and still do! I think you`re moving in the right direction and I`ll be at each race. Thanks for trying to correct the problem.

Poppop
04-13-2011, 05:51 AM
:)OK, sounds good to me but now I need a scorrer. Any volunteers? I have no experience with hand scoring, so what do I tell a potential volunteer about what they have to do?

Poppop

EnduroFromDE
04-13-2011, 08:00 AM
I probley still wont be financially able to race the next race however I should be able to make the trip to the track, so If anyone needs a hand scorer please email me and if u can ask nice enough then u got urself a scorer.

CJfilms
04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Pre-register....

Let us know if you need a transponder AND/OR a scorer!!!

I have received a few emails already from people who are willing to score for other drivers without scorers....I can make the connections.....but this is not match.com....:-B

By the way....your scorers just need to get into the grandstands...not the pits....so don't drag people into the pits just to be scored!!!

Worst case scenario...Grandstand admission is $10....ask around the stands (or we can announce it) offer someone to pay for their admission in the stands for them to score for you....good way to connect with your fans too!

Petey....thanks!

Poppop
04-13-2011, 09:25 AM
:)Hey Joe! If you have any of those NEETS shirts they would make a great gift from the drivers to the scorers and give NEETS some exposure too.

Poppop

Philter39
04-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Joe and Erin I feel you have come up with the best solution for all. Thanks for all the effort. It is very appreciated. phil

Maddawg
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks Joe, Erin and the rest of Neets ! I know you have tried to fix the few problems going on lately :cheers: and I feel you came up with the best solutions you could under the circumstances. I just hope everything works out for the best and we (NEETS) can come to agreement that is good for all w/ track management.. I for one really am starting to enjoy this dirt racing thing (cleanup and maintenance sux) but once the track dries out a little it is awesome. so the idea of running it in more before we start racing is great !!!!! now someone just has to hide the keys for the water truck so the rainman can't come back out :lol:Payouts and trophies at next race is a good idea, gives you time to properly review everything, but I think this could be done at track though, just lock the door and review- we as drivers and crew members need to respect that and we can find something to do while this is happening, beer, horeshoes, bs-ing whatever.. J.M.O.
Maddawg 417

mcstockcar
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow! I Havent been on the forum in a while...things arent looking good:(
Glad Im taking a break from racing for a while.
... Bridgeport on the 5/8 would be a thrill. Id put a car together for that if they had enduro racing there next year.
I miss racing with you guys! I had a blast and enjoyed the hospitality of NEETS for the past 2 seasons.:cheers:

richardpetey
04-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah Jack! Just one of those things that happens with greedy promoters.....................:disgusted
Unfortunately, the recipe to good NEETS racing do not include the words: JUST ADD MORE WATER and mix in some more CASH............................:eek:
What do you say to a promoter with 2 black eyes?.....................:confused:
NOTHING! He's already been told TWICE!.................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: