PDA

View Full Version : TC and Bonsignore penalties?

WhelenTour27
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
From speed51's facebook page..
Speed51.com WMT: We have learned that penalties will be levied today against Ted Christopher and Justin Bosignore for carburetor issues in Sunday's NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour opener at Thompson Int'l Speedway (CT). Christopher won the race and Bonsignore finished fifth. We are expecting details later in the day.

worm
04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
they took BEARS win away at WATERFORD when hes carb failed tech

Howie
04-13-2011, 04:30 PM
http://hometracks.nascar.com/Release/Whelen_Modified_Tour_Teams_Penalized

Modhauler
04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Never a big TC fan but after the race sunday I just had to tip my hat to the guy ! 2 laps down and 3 or 4 pit stops and he comes back to win it. But now it all makes sense. I was right i'm not a fan.:disgusted

CynthiaTork
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Worm that was the VMRS, not the NASCAR WMT

Fat Albert
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Worm that was the VMRS, not the NASCAR WMT
No! Worm is right! The 14 was DQ'd in a WMT race at Waterford. Robbie Summers was driving for "The Bear".

worm
04-13-2011, 07:26 PM
and it was a carb.infacting,after race

Fat Albert
04-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I guess they didn't do a very good job inspecting the carbs "Prerace"!

Howie
04-13-2011, 08:13 PM
No! Worm is right! The 14 was DQ'd in a WMT race at Waterford. Robbie Summers was driving for "The Bear".

It was Mike Christopher driving Bears car. The WMT race in 2000.

worm
04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
jimmy spencer ,dqed at martinsville to big of gas tank,tour race 1987 or 1988

Bob T. Racer
04-13-2011, 08:29 PM
With a joke of a penalty like that, tell them just not to use them again like Brooksie tells them in Fla.. Maybe NASCAR just feels bad because they took the VP away from them. What would happen in Cup if J.J. had done that? This is why the tour is a complete joke!!! When you get caught cheating, you should get last place. Period!

csammy
04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
according to speed 51 chrome horn & wmt #36#50 car both had unapproved carb parts now are these new carbs and do they both come from the same carb builder if the same carb builder what other team use this carb builder and will they have the tech officals go over there carbs to make sure they are legal
lets face it in todays racing every thing is out sourced from motors to carbs and the teams depend on them to give them an approved product in my opinion if you pass pre race tech then it the officals fault for not catching the problem and thats where the blame lies

rumrunner
04-13-2011, 09:12 PM
I also remember that was the same carb that Mike Cristopher finished second with at Loudon the week before and passed both prerace and post race tech there. Only to have a win taken from him the following week Waterford. Isn't that what the NASCAR carb seal is for? What good is the pre race inspection process?

Bob T. Racer
04-13-2011, 10:42 PM
according to speed 51 chrome horn & wmt #36#50 car both had unapproved carb parts now are these new carbs and do they both come from the same carb builder if the same carb builder what other team use this carb builder and will they have the tech officals go over there carbs to make sure they are legal
lets face it in todays racing every thing is out sourced from motors to carbs and the teams depend on them to give them an approved product in my opinion if you pass pre race tech then it the officals fault for not catching the problem and thats where the blame lies

They both had the same motor builder- Tonys

MJProcko
04-14-2011, 03:17 AM
in my opinion if you pass pre race tech then it the officals fault for not catching the problem and thats where the blame lies

so they should tear down 34 motors pre-race? Checking valves, cranks, tolerances pre-race would take a day or two?

Fat Albert
04-14-2011, 05:38 AM
so they should tear down 34 motors pre-race? Checking valves, cranks, tolerances pre-race would take a day or two?

Nobody mentioned "motors". The carburetors were teched before the race. I don't think anyone changed carbs on a pitstop! "I'm coming in for right side tires and a cheater carb"! LOL

catfish
04-14-2011, 08:03 AM
LMAO at that Fat Albert!!!!

MOD11RACER
04-14-2011, 08:42 AM
This is a joke. Illegal is Illegal both the #36 and #51 should have been DQ. No money won and no points.

If I remember correctly the #12 of Ed Partridge with Jimmy Blewett driving was DQ @ Stafford on May 23, 2008 for a Carburetor Infraction.

All this does is tell the teams that if are caught being illegal you won't be DQ, not a good deal at all.

It looks like a Dick Brooks call with TC telling Brooks what the rules are.

MOD11RACER
04-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I guess they didn't do a very good job inspecting the carbs "Prerace"!

They don't tare down the Carbs before practice or before the race. They only inspect them. The teams know that the Carbs will be torn down after the race and that's where the infractions were found.

MJProcko
04-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Nobody mentioned "motors". The carburetors were teched before the race. I don't think anyone changed carbs on a pitstop! "I'm coming in for right side tires and a cheater carb"! LOL

good one Albert!

Troyer driver
04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
What I don’t get is the 51 had there carburetor confiscated at Loudon last year during tech before the motor was sealed. Now they had another issue at Thompson this year involving a carburetor. To say “We didn't do it outright, it was something we bought that we thought was good” is some what of a under statement. If you think there could be a remote possibility there could be a problem you should have the tech officials go over it with a fine tooth comb to ensure that it fits the rules before the race.
This team was fast out of the box in 2010 having won the pole at two races (Track record at Bristol) and has had a second place finish at Martinsville. One win was taken away at Thompson (not a tour race) because of Illegal fuel.
I would have thought that NASCAR would look back and see there is some thing fishy going on here with this 51 team and would have taken more severe action against this team. Maybe one reason is that TC was caught with similar problems in the carb department and NASCAR would have had to impose the same penalties for both teams causing TC to loose the race.
I really hate sitting in the stands watching a race only to find out later that the people we cheer for are cheating. I do commend NASCAR for finding the issues BUT really think that when you have a past history of cheating they would look better before the race not after.

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2010/09/justin-bonsignore-stripped-of.html

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2010/10/fueled-up-justin-bonsignore-on.html

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::cheers::wave::wave: :wave::wave::wave:

Howie
04-14-2011, 02:42 PM
What I don’t get is the 51 had there carburetor confiscated at Loudon last year during tech before the motor was sealed. Now they had another issue at Thompson this year involving a carburetor. To say “We didn't do it outright, it was something we bought that we thought was good” is some what of a under statement. If you think there could be a remote possibility there could be a problem you should have the tech officials go over it with a fine tooth comb to ensure that it fits the rules before the race.
This team was fast out of the box in 2010 having won the pole at two races (Track record at Bristol) and has had a second place finish at Martinsville. One win was taken away at Thompson (not a tour race) because of Illegal fuel.
I would have thought that NASCAR would look back and see there is some thing fishy going on here with this 51 team and would have taken more severe action against this team. Maybe one reason is that TC was caught with similar problems in the carb department and NASCAR would have had to impose the same penalties for both teams causing TC to loose the race.
I really hate sitting in the stands watching a race only to find out later that the people we cheer for are cheating. I do commend NASCAR for finding the issues BUT really think that when you have a past history of cheating they would look better before the race not after.

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2010/09/justin-bonsignore-stripped-of.html

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2010/10/fueled-up-justin-bonsignore-on.html

Now read this http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2011/04/engine-builder-apologizes-says.html

MOD11RACER
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
I think they both run Tonys Competition Motors.

Troyer driver
04-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Is this the same Anthony Corrente (Tonys) that was involved in the following ???
"Now Read This"

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/former_rcr_employee_team_settle_lawsuit.html

Funny, I guess the Black Cloud just happens to follow them. Belive what you want BUT sounds more like dammage control after the fact.

Rules say stock boosters. You telling me tony did not read the rule book ? And he did state that HE knew that they were altered but did not "Think" it would be a problem ? DAMMAGE CONTROLL.

Just like all the people in jail will tell you that they are inicent
Comon guys keep defending a cheeter. I guess 2010 did not convince you and so far 2011 ant doing any thing to help YOUR Case.

csammy
04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
mjprocko to tech out all motors from crank to heads ect not possible on a race weekend carbs yes i remember at stafford the nascar tech officals inspecting jan leatys motor the were checking valve angles they were found to be out of spec how ever they did let him race that nite with the motor and if remember right it was not until later in the season that he had the problem corected and he continued to run it on the tour up to that point

csammy
04-14-2011, 07:05 PM
troyer driver unless the driver owns the team he has no idea what the motor man did if he drives for a car owner the driver in my eye is not a cheater that would fall on the owner or crew chief and that goes to any one else who calls the drivers cheaters

uticamike
04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
troyer driver unless the driver owns the team he has no idea what the motor man did if he drives for a car owner the driver in my eye is not a cheater that would fall on the owner or crew chief and that goes to any one else who calls the drivers cheaters

Your absolutely right but... The driver is the focus of the team. Ted didn't get the
500 (big deal) fine Brad did. The car owner could be in another state and not even
know what the CC is doing. He still has to bear the brunt also. Bottom line is whom ever cheated up the car put a stain on the whole team and it reflex on everyone.

MXCHAMP04
04-14-2011, 07:54 PM
All this talk about the WMT and not one response from WMT PR guy. What a joke. Save your PR crap for somewhere else. Give me the VMRS tour.

BigMac
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
What exactly do you want Nascar to say?? The cars were teched and failed. Nascar issued a statement about the incident and the related fines. The guy who built the engine has already taken ownership of the issue. I'm not really sure what is left to say regarding last Sunday's events.

MOD11RACER
04-15-2011, 06:16 PM
This is a black on for the WMT because NASCAR didn't do the right thing and DQ the #36 and #51.

The only thing left to say is NASCAR screwed all of the other teams on the Tour that were legal. The #36 and #51 were ILLEGAL and that should mean No Money and No Points period. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL people. $500 and 50 points is a joke. Somewhere along the line someone on the #36 and #51 teams knew the Carbs were illegal and the bottom line is the teams are responsible for bringing a legal car to the race track. Someone in NASCAR didn't have the guts to DQ TC and in turn saved the #51 from being DQed.

Then they tell us it didn't give them an advantage. LOL. What do they think that we were born yesterday.

What did TC say I still won and he is laughing all the way to the bank with that attitude of in your face.

What the hell why not cheat @ the Spring Sizzler @ Stafford and win $9,000 and get fined $500 and 50 points. TC would sign up for that today. I know I would.

Makes me wonder about that Modified that comes from NC that went 3 for 3 on the WMT 2010 and won a little over $40,000. Hmmmmm what number was it ???????ny.

worm
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
you are so right, very well put

NWMT PR
04-15-2011, 11:01 PM
All this talk about the WMT and not one response from WMT PR guy. What a joke. Save your PR crap for somewhere else. Give me the VMRS tour.

The were no questions sent my way, so I'm not sure what you want me to comment on here. The penalty statement is on the front page, and Shawn's stories had the viewpoint of the drivers and engine builder.

MXCHAMP04
04-16-2011, 01:13 PM
The were no questions sent my way, so I'm not sure what you want me to comment on here. The penalty statement is on the front page, and Shawn's stories had the viewpoint of the drivers and engine builder.As a PR guy, you are taking care of public relations, correct? How about responding to whether the carbs are teched pre race, or the complaints here that these two team should have been dq'd instead of some minor penalty, or the several other slams against nascar here. It's not all waving your pom poms and saying oh gee look who is gonna race in this race. Part of PR is responding to crticism not just responding to "questions sent my way".

skbob
04-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I think it was the boosters that were illegal.
the Nascar seal goes on the mounting stud of the carb.
you can change boosters without touching the seal.

ShawnCourchesne
04-16-2011, 06:09 PM
MXCHAMP04, I think you have a very uneducated view of what the responsibilities of NASCAR’s PR staff are. I hardly think its Jason’s job to come on message boards and respond to subjects such as this. If you have questions about the tech inspection process how about you send an email to the series director and ask him the details instead of coming on a message board and complaining about the process and then complaining even more because someone from NASCAR doesn’t come running here to offer you explanations for your every query. Jason goes above and beyond in his position and does a great job promoting the division. That you expect him to troll message boards each day to make sure your questions are all answered is simply ridiculous. Do you think Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s public relations staff goes on every message board out there and answers to criticisms and questions about him? Do you think the PR staff for the Sprint Cup Series goes running to message boards to make sure to answer to fans when they don’t like how a race was officiated? No, it doesn’t work that way.

MXCHAMP04
04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
MXCHAMP04, I think you have a very uneducated view of what the responsibilities of NASCAR’s PR staff are. I hardly think its Jason’s job to come on message boards and respond to subjects such as this. If you have questions about the tech inspection process how about you send an email to the series director and ask him the details instead of coming on a message board and complaining about the process and then complaining even more because someone from NASCAR doesn’t come running here to offer you explanations for your every query. Jason goes above and beyond in his position and does a great job promoting the division. That you expect him to troll message boards each day to make sure your questions are all answered is simply ridiculous. Do you think Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s public relations staff goes on every message board out there and answers to criticisms and questions about him? Do you think the PR staff for the Sprint Cup Series goes running to message boards to make sure to answer to fans when they don’t like how a race was officiated? No, it doesn’t work that way.Uneducated and my name have never been in the same paragraph before. But I can tell you this. The internet is a monsterous resource that every one is using these days to get their information out. And if someone was here slamming my organization about something that could be cleared up perhaps easily with a simple statement or clarification, then I would do it. Why bother come on here with the screen name of a PR person and not respond to the public. But hey, you see it your way, I see it mine, and you can keep on with the back slapping, chummy, buddy mentality if you want.

wmass01013
04-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Jeez does no one in the media have chad little'e phone number or email addy?

shouldn't he be the one to EXPLAIN?

ShawnCourchesne
04-16-2011, 08:58 PM
I probably shouldn’t have said anything, clearly you didn’t read what I said. There’s no chummy back slapping. Jason has a job to do and at least my understanding is that his job description doesn’t include monitoring message boards to respond to questions. Jason does his job well, and the fact that he comes on here and has a dialogue with fans, at least I think, really goes above and beyond what he needs to be doing. Again, if you’re so desperate for an explanation to your questions why couldn’t you just email the series director and ask him for an explanation directly instead of putting on a big show here by slamming people for how they do their jobs? It doesn’t seem like you really want an answer or explanation, seems more like you would rather just use this forum to publicly criticize what Jason does.

RGeeProductions
04-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Thank you Shawn.
You are right on all counts.

Bob T. Racer
04-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Uneducated and my name have never been in the same paragraph before. But I can tell you this. The internet is a monsterous resource that every one is using these days to get their information out. And if someone was here slamming my organization about something that could be cleared up perhaps easily with a simple statement or clarification, then I would do it. Why bother come on here with the screen name of a PR person and not respond to the public. But hey, you see it your way, I see it mine, and you can keep on with the back slapping, chummy, buddy mentality if you want.

I agree with MXCHAMP04, someone from NASCAR should come on here and tell us why the 36 and 51 were not disqualified completely from the finishing order when they were caught not conforming to the rules. Either your cheating or you're not. Make up your mind NASCAR!!! IN NASCARs mind, i guess they figured they were only cheating on the top eight!!!

Revscott
04-17-2011, 12:15 AM
I agree with MXCHAMP04, someone from NASCAR should come on here and tell us why the 36 and 51 were not disqualified completely from the finishing order when they were caught not conforming to the rules. Either your cheating or you're not. Make up your mind NASCAR!!! IN NASCARs mind, i guess they figured they were only cheating on the top eight!!!

I just want to know why someone from Nascar should come onto this message board to answer a few modified fans? I think Shawn spoke perfectly in what he said. If you want an answer then write them a nice email but complaining on a message board why Nascar wont come on is kind of absurd.

CTtoPA
04-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Since when has NASCAR ever gone by "you're legal or you're illegal and illegal is an automatic DQ"? For decades they have docked points and money while preserving the win.
As far as PR goes, what would be the advantage to Jason by coming on a message board? He would probably get reprimanded by NASCAR for responding to the trolls on here! Even if he did, the worst they could do is dock a day's pay but let him keep his job, right?

uticamike
04-17-2011, 08:27 AM
It's a bit ironic that for those that criticise NASCAR, this ongoing discussion is actually good for them. We all know that controversy sells. Look how far this thread
has gone with no end in sight. Go look a Shawn's blog and the runaway discussion going on there. A 30 count+ over there doesn't hurt his bottom line either. I have
my own issues with NASCAR at times and have voiced my opinion on various subjects as to why but the last thing I expect is for them to come here or elsewhere
and explain what and why they do what they do. You can b!tch and stay away, b!tch but still go or find an alternative. You can cheer Teddy or boo him but he wins either way. Your talking about him, you think he cares why? I agree if you really
have a problem with NASCAR that keeps you up at night, you just might want to
pen a letter off to the party(s) involved. Cold rainy weekends keep the message boards hopping just make sure you buy those Sizzler tickets.;)

bud
04-17-2011, 08:59 AM
not the pr guys job to defend decisions......
he's supposed to get you to wanna come see the races.
Honestly how much more dramatic could that race have been.

how can you defend NASCAR anyway. they have always been inconsistent....lol
cautions for nothong on the track.
seriously I really do believe Vince McMahon really runs it.

on a more serious note the mods as a whole really need to work on caution fever. Not just the NWMT but the VMRS too. 10+ cautions in a 100-150 lap race is too much.

NWMT PR
04-19-2011, 03:53 PM
As a PR guy, you are taking care of public relations, correct? How about responding to whether the carbs are teched pre race, or the complaints here that these two team should have been dq'd instead of some minor penalty, or the several other slams against nascar here. It's not all waving your pom poms and saying oh gee look who is gonna race in this race. Part of PR is responding to crticism not just responding to "questions sent my way".

I think you will notice a trend across the board for moving more toward how the national series run their programs, and further away from how it's done in the weekly series. Penalties would be an extension of that movement this year along with the new restart rule, no re-draw, etc. And an FYI here - many of the drivers and team members like that direction ... they want a distinction between weekly racing programs and what they're doing with the Tour.

I'm more than happy to share info when I can, and respond to questions when I have the time. But I don't always have the time, and I'm not going to address every topic.

As always ... appreciate the passion. Should be fun at Stafford!

limodmaniac
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Does that mean the purses , bonus money and point funds for the modifieds will also be increasing ( especially the Southern tour)?