PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Announces 2011 Developmental Series Programming On SPEED

RGeeProductions
04-15-2011, 11:40 PM
NASCAR announced Friday programming for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour on SPEED.

The broadcast calendar includes 24 events for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, NASCAR’s top developmental series, which consists of series championships in the East and West. The races will air on Thursdays at 6 p.m., beginning April 21 with the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West season-opener from Phoenix International Raceway, which was run on Feb, 24. The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East opener from Greenville (S.C.) Pickens Speedway – run Saturday, April 2 – will air on April 28.

In addition, SPEED will broadcast live the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour/NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour combination race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday, Aug. 24, and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 24.

The NASCAR K&N Pro Series schedule also includes the annual combination event at Iowa Speedway, which will be held on May 21 and air on June 2.

“The NASCAR K&N Pro Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tours feature some of the top up-and-coming talent in the sport competing alongside the top veterans who are synonymous with these series,” said George Silbermann, NASCAR managing director of racing operations. “SPEED’s coverage of the series provides a great platform to showcase these drivers,”

SPEED, in conjunction with NASCAR Media Group, will air each NASCAR K&N Pro Series tape-delayed race as a one-hour show. SPEED, with its popular and wide-ranging coverage of NASCAR, is the nation’s first and only cable television network dedicated to automotive and motorcycle racing, performance and lifestyle.

SPEED’s coverage will conclude with the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West finale from Phoenix (race date is Nov. 12; air date is Nov. 17).

As previously announced, SPEED will also air the Denny Hamlin Charity Race, a NASCAR Whelen All-American Series late model event, live from Richmond International Speedway on Thursday, April 28. SPEED broadcast the two days of the NASCAR Toyota All-Star Showdown from Irwindale, Calif., live in January.

2011 NASCAR DEVELOPMENTAL SERIES SCHEDULE ON SPEED

Series Event Date Air Date Track
K&N Pro Series West Thursday, Feb. 24 Thursday, April 21 Phoenix International Raceway
K&N Pro Series East Saturday, April 2 Thursday, April 28 Greenville Pickens Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, April 16 Thursday, May 5 All American Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Saturday, April 16 Thursday, May 12 South Boston Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Thursday, April 28 Thursday, May 19 Richmond International Raceway
K&N Pro Series Combination Race Saturday, May 21 Thursday, June 2 Iowa Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Saturday, June 4 Thursday, June 9 Bowman Gray Stadium
K&N Pro Series East Saturday, June 11 Thursday, June 16 Gresham Motorsports Park
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, June 11 Thursday, June 23 The Bullring at Las Vegas
K&N Pro Series East Saturday, June 18 Thursday, June 30 Langley Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, June 25 Thursday, July 7 Infineon Raceway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, July 2 Thursday, July 14 Toyota Speedway at Irwindale
K&N Pro Series West Sunday, July 10 Thursday, July 21 Evergreen Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Friday, July 15 Thursday, July 28 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Saturday, July 23 Thursday, Aug. 4 Columbus Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sunday, July 24 TBA Portland International Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, Aug. 6 Thursday, Aug. 18 Colorado National Speedway
Whelen Modified Tours Combination Race Wednesday, Aug. 24 Wednesday, Aug. 24 Bristol Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, Aug. 13 Thursday, Aug. 25 Montana Raceway Park
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, Sept. 3 Thursday, Sept. 8 Spokane County Raceway
K&N Pro Series East Monday, Sept. 5 Thursday, Sept. 15 Greenville Pickens Speedway
Whelen Modified Tour Saturday, Sept. 24 Saturday, Sept. 24 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Friday, Sept. 23 Thursday, Sept. 29 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Friday, Sept. 30 Thursday, Oct. 6 Dover International Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, Oct. 15 Thursday, Oct. 20 All American Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Saturday, Nov. 12 Thursday, Nov. 17 Phoenix International Raceway

KyleMac45
04-18-2011, 02:03 PM
not like thats the biggest slap in the face ever! :disgusted

limodmaniac
04-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Obviously, NASCAR feels the K and N series has more to offer.

This is where they plan to find the future superstars who will replace the present ones.

This is where Hendricks, Waltrip, Gibbs, etc can groom their teenagers

But at the same time, it is a huge slap in the face of the modifieds.

Saw two races at SoBo yesterday, All you have to do is compare the purses to see NASCAR doesn't care about the modifieds.

I won't be turning on the tv to watch any of those k and n races!

burtmyers1
04-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Saw two races at SoBo yesterday, All you have to do is compare the purses to see NASCAR doesn't care about the modifieds.

!

Only one was worth putting on TV.................

A couple in front of me got up and left after the Busch east race. I asked why and I was shocked at what I got back "Dont care about support divisions"

limodmaniac
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I would have left early too, if they had run the k and n last. I made sure when I bought the tickets that I told them what division I came to see. Call SoBo and let them know!

Goldy
04-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Ouch!!!! that's painful.. Who got Daytona all mad at the Modified Tour? I guess that's a retorical question isn't it?

Reminds me of a great line from the classic Blues Brothers song "I Don't Know"..
"What did I say to piss you off this time... baby?"......

Howie
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Did anyone else notice when they gave the results of the weekends races on "NASCAR RaceHub" on Speed last night, they gave the results of the K&N race at SoBo, but not the modifieds? I guess they don't give results for the "support" divisions! :confused:

fastbackss
04-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Did anyone else notice when they gave the results of the weekends races on "NASCAR RaceHub" on Speed last night, they gave the results of the K&N race at SoBo, but not the modifieds? I guess they don't give results for the "support" divisions! :confused:

They always put the Modified winners in the "crawl" on the bottom of the screen though (that runs during Speed News and Wind Tunnel)

NWMT PR
04-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I think there is a point here that is being missed. This is the SPEED broadcast schedule. SPEED has carried two or less Modified races for a handful of years now. Now we would all like to see the entire schedule on TV, but the fact that we have two live races for the third year in a row now is nothing to sneeze at. There are no live broadcasts on the K&N Pro Series East schedule.

Our one year run with Versus was tremendous, but Comcast-NBC Universal announced a expanded deal with the NHL today, and their focus has shifted to the point that they're going to rebrand Versus. NASCAR is continuing to look for broadcast partners for the Modified Tours to pick up the torch from Versus.

bud
04-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Why not carry golf too.....lol

skbob
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
since when did the Modifieds become a "developmental" series?
oh well, things never change for the better.
man I miss The Nashville Network.