PDA

View Full Version : so what did you think about the changes for new season at Rverhead Raceway

TMAC
05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
When i was reading the eye,it said we would notice the changes at Rverhead Raceway.Lets see now,what i saw driving in,they painted the sign advertising Riverhead Raceway.They put down some crushed asphalt in walk ways.New flags.FINALLY! they painted Riverhead Raceway on the wall by starters stand.They painted the catch fences,oh and they posted signs above food stands.The one thing i went looking for to see was the BIG bulletin board[behind backstretch stands],where the stats of past champions are,that needs to be cleaned up[painted and relabeled]. Did i miss anything?Looking forward to OPENING NIGHT!!!

RacinRob
05-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Kudos to John Elwood and his staff for giving the place a facelift. Its encouraging yo see and I hope its a sign of better things to come.

Hotsauce
05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
It looks great, but now we need advertisement so people dont think that the place is shutdown. Maybe lower the gate fees and they can fill the stands. Bowman Gray gets 10,000 plus attendees a week with $10 gate fees. Something Barbara and Jim should consider. If I were a track owner of promoter I would rather have 10,000 plus at $10 than the lame number of 3000 fans at $20.

DriveitinDeep
05-04-2011, 03:02 PM
i agree the a reduction in the gate fee would be a benefit to puting more people in the stands, but one huge difference between Bowman Gray and Riverhead is that the seating capacity is no where near the same. Riverhead couldn't fit 10,000 people even if they were lined up at the gate with money in their hands. The seating isn't there. Remember BM is also a football stadium with seating all the way around.

RovinPromotions
05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Don't worry about advertising, they have put themselves in alignment with 4 radio stations.So it's just a matter of time to when they release the commercials.

Hotsauce
05-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Riverhead couldn't fit 10,000 people even if they were lined up at the gate with money in their hands. The seating isn't there. Remember BM is also a football stadium with seating all the way around.

There's an old saying..."if you build it they will come"

RGeeProductions
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Came home tonight about 9pm and the track was lit up!!! Looked awesome!

iamaranger
05-05-2011, 09:59 PM
it looks great

fisherman
05-06-2011, 06:26 AM
its good for all the changes but lets hope all the offiacals are fair and treat you guys and gals fair goodluck

Lugnuts
05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Hotsauce, You have a valid point about the Bowman Gray attendance versus Riverhead and the cost factor. I attempted to start a post about that, I believe it was last year and got blasted from some folks. I agree with you. Lower the gate costs a bit, especially during these tough economic times and more people may opt to come being that traveling, especially with gas at its current price is getting very costly. I also said that if on occasion you had a ladies night with a reduced price, like Bowman Gray does (they do $1.00 ladies night) that more people may come, decide they like the show and come back on a more regular basis. I'm not saying that Riverhead can do that, like someone said they don't have room for 10,000 people. I also brought up that if you lowered the food prices a bit more people wouldn't be walking through the gate with Subway, Wendy's etc. and they would make more on volume versus making more on a little. Just my thoughts but I with you.

Lugnuts
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Hotsauce, You also said that you would rather have $10.00 for 10,000 versus $20.00 for 3000. I've been going to Riverhead for quite some time now on a fairly regular basis, diminishing the last few years however its been quite a while since I've seen 3000 people in the grandstands. The tours shows used to pack the place and haven't for a while. The special shows do bring a bigger crowd but agreeing with you less money at the gate for larger numbers on a regular basis means more in the pocket at the end. Makes sense to me.

Ka$h25
05-15-2011, 05:37 PM
There's still fights.

There's still bad officiating.

Everything's still overpriced.

I guess the Turn 1 Cowboys are number 1 priority right now. We'll fix the racing later.

greggforce01
05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
The officiating is beyond horrible, very disappointed...