PDA

View Full Version : Billy the Bulldawg Smith top 10s with brakes on and about 6 spins in the Pit Bull car

PIT BULL
05-08-2011, 08:23 AM
If Im correct I'm pretty sure He came in 8th. "WOW" like to see that car go after I fix the brakes and get it to stay straight. Congrats Bill, Great job.

Anyone know the rundown on the V8 race for sure???

unowho243
05-08-2011, 09:11 AM
i was in the 37 car overall it was a great race i had a lot of fun

PIT BULL
05-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Its too bad there wasnt a commercial on News 12 to pack the empty stadium. Newsday isnt the answer.

RacinRob
05-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Its too bad there wasnt a commercial on News 12 to pack the empty stadium. Newsday isnt the answer.

historically opening night is the slowest for business..with that being said it was a good crowd for an opening night. Damned if ya do damned if ya dont. You all called for advertising and there were ads in area auto racing and in newsday. :disgusted

TTOR
05-08-2011, 08:32 PM
That Mercedes was flying, he had a lot of speed down the straights, although it seemed like every time I was behind him he was either spinning or running into some one, but I guess everyone has their different "driving style".

I had some motor issues all night and was infact running on only 7 cylinders, which explains the blue flames many saw shooting out my left exhaust, still managed a finish around the top-15 I believe. Unfortunately for us Riverhead doesn't release official scoring.

P.S. Pitbull have you ever considered bringing your cars to the car show at Merrick or Bellmore Train station on Friday nights? It doesn't have the exposure of TV ads but it might be a good way to reach some car people in Nassau at the very least. I'd be willing to bring one of mine as well.

PIT BULL
05-08-2011, 10:09 PM
"historically opening night is the slowest for business..with that being said it was a good crowd for an opening night. Damned if ya do damned if ya dont. You all called for advertising and there were ads in area auto racing and in newsday".

"WE ALL" asked for a news 12 commercial. Only dammed if you do something stupid.

Advertising in a racing venue means you are simply letting everyone who all ready knows RR exists that the season is starting. Unless a full page was used in Newsday its not going to pay off.

I have heard so many stupid lame ass excuses for the bleachers being empty. There in NO marketing. Channel 12 is the answer. You wold have to be a complete dumb ass to not see that. Its obvious the owners are content with the business they do or Im sure they would Market the place properly. So I give up. Ill do my part and bring who I can and just keep having fun racing.

I dare ANYONE to publically contest me on this subject and they wouldnt stand a chance in the argument. I would even concider getting involved in the making and advertising of the commercial to prove my point.

Hey Rob The guys and I talk about that al the time. We should get together on that. Keep in mind its pretty much Billys first time running a rear drive wheel drive car and the front brakes where screwed up. Dont worry though I am going to do everything I can to make that car go straight. Its allready on a lift

RacinRob
05-08-2011, 11:20 PM
No argument...there will always be a guy like you that looks at the glass half empty rather than half full. My OPINION is that opening night was awesome, a IMPROVED turn out, an IMPROVED image/landscape/food, an IMPROVEMENT in the advertising department(btw Bob Finan was on wrcm promoting opening night) IMPROVED car counts and great racing in every division. I really have a great feeling about this season. Good luck with the 4cyl and have fun. :wave:

RGeeProductions
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
No argument...there will always be a guy like you that looks at the glass half empty rather than half full. My OPINION is that opening night was awesome, a IMPROVED turn out, an IMPROVED image/landscape/food, an IMPROVEMENT in the advertising department(btw Bob Finan was on wrcm promoting opening night) IMPROVED car counts and great racing in every division. I really have a great feeling about this season. Good luck with the 4cyl and have fun. :wave:

I am with you on all that Rob!!! :applause:

racing#s
05-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Nathans in Oceanside has a 'hot rod night' type of thing every wednesday
(when the weather is warmer). In the past,when I brought my battered,dented,race-scarred Enduro trucks to Nathans they were the focus of attention. People were gathered around the Enduro Trucks,and the 57 Chevys and showroom condition antiques and the muscle-cars were passed by. A crowd actually formed around the racecar,and I would feed them information that ," yes,there is a racetrack in Riverhead,..no really,there is"....The kids hung around the racecars until the parents dragged them off... Lets get together and hit these spots and self promote the track and the businesses that support the racecars. I know this year the Pitbull motors racecar fleet will be showing off at Nathans. YES,Riverhead has IMPROVED in almost every way,but the stands would be packed more so if people knew it existed.

A69pizzoo
05-09-2011, 06:39 AM
What about bald hill. On Tuesday nights we should get a lot of people together and go down there. Hell we would have fun cause you know we would put a little show on. Get a bunch of us rednecks together and who know what could happen.

PIT BULL
05-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Keep your " Im comfortable with the glass half full" mind in any business and watch it fold.

Half empty thinking makes a points champ in only two seasons.

Heres my deal.I have had a job since I was 14 and was on my own since I was 17. I started my Auto repair business in the back yard of a house I was renting and blew it up to 13 lifts,two locations and about 14,000 sq ft. Which on a busy day has had up to 60 cars in for service. I did that because I think outside the box. I hustle my ass off and know what it takes to make a business work.
Yes I see a clean up at the track and am happy for that. My only effin gripe is that all of the advertising has been aimed by all who all ready know the place exists. It needs new blood. Opening night at any raceway should be packed. All it would take is a stupid effin commercial all over that stupid news 12 channel. The turn out would double. I believe there is some bad blood between news 12 and RR and maybe thats the hold up?

letsrace
05-09-2011, 07:44 AM
tuesday night at bald hill. Is that something that is happening now or later in the spring? I would definately go to that one being its not too far for me.

A69pizzoo
05-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm thinking if we get enough people together and go the Tuesday before the memorial day race. We need someone peoPle to commit. Tell me what you think.

letsrace
05-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm in for the tue. b4 memorial day at bald hill. I think its a great idea and we should definately concentrate on the enduro only races!!!!!!

WEEZER
05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
So anyhow, does anybody no who the %uck won the enduro. Not even any photo's and twice as many cars as the chargers and figure eights.

TTOR
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Keep your " Im comfortable with the glass half full" mind in any business and watch it fold.

Half empty thinking makes a points champ in only two seasons.

Heres my deal.I have had a job since I was 14 and was on my own since I was 17. I started my Auto repair business in the back yard of a house I was renting and blew it up to 13 lifts,two locations and about 14,000 sq ft. Which on a busy day has had up to 60 cars in for service. I did that because I think outside the box. I hustle my ass off and know what it takes to make a business work.
Yes I see a clean up at the track and am happy for that. My only effin gripe is that all of the advertising has been aimed by all who all ready know the place exists. It needs new blood. Opening night at any raceway should be packed. All it would take is a stupid effin commercial all over that stupid news 12 channel. The turn out would double. I believe there is some bad blood between news 12 and RR and maybe thats the hold up?

Might be better off if the track put up ads on the radio, I don't know about you but I spend way more time listening to 102.3 and Q104.3 than I do watching New 12, I imagine WBAB would be open to an advertising deal since they've done promotions in the past. The problem really is no one even knows the track exists other than the fans who are already going. When tell Long Islanders that I race I get the same question every time "There's a track out there?".

Again Pitbull, I recommend taking your cars to the train station car shows, I live in Merrick so I'm considering doing it myself. They always have crowds of people who come to see the cars and people who are just walking by going to movies and dinner. And since it's on a Friday night its great timing. We can't force Riverhead to put an add on News12, we can complain all we want and nothing will happen, but this is something we can do so why not?

A69pizzoo
05-09-2011, 12:23 PM
So anyhow, does anybody no who the %uck won the enduro. Not even any photo's and twice as many cars as the chargers and figure eights.

Dominick won with pizzo 2nd

Justin W
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Bald hill sounds like a good idea id be there if something gets setup

hows a t-shirt cannon sound for the crowd and anything to hipe them up, usually after you do something fun you tell others the best advertising is word of mouth and if someone tells you its was a good time your likely to follow

The Bullfather
05-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Might I suggest you bring a tv or laptop and have enduro races playing, also if a regular division is going to show their cars also, to do the same thing.

TTOR you have a car that will attract kids right away.

TTOR
05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Might I suggest you bring a tv or laptop and have enduro races playing, also if a regular division is going to show their cars also, to do the same thing.

TTOR you have a car that will attract kids right away.

hah I'm assuming you meant that in a good way? But it really does, on the night races when we're actually allowed in the pits, kids always come up to my car, and I'm going to have a 4 cyl. painted just like it. Mountain had a good idea, they stuck a bunch of cars in a mall...there are photos on their facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.200481006647176.56357.183112231717387

Bringing videos are a great idea too, speaking of which does anyone have video from Saturday night? Or even pictures?

RGeeProductions
05-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Bringing videos are a great idea too, speaking of which does anyone have video from Saturday night? Or even pictures?

ummm, front page LIJam, Brooke's gallery!?!?!?

TTOR
05-09-2011, 06:02 PM
ummm, front page LIJam, Brooke's gallery!?!?!?

Yea I saw those, I was looking for any additional photos from the stands.

PIT BULL
05-09-2011, 08:33 PM
They might in Bellmore for some stupid trailer rule. Got pulled over 4 times in the first week I moved here.

Might be better off if the track put up ads on the radio, I don't know about you but I spend way more time listening to 102.3 and Q104.3 than I do watching New 12
"Exactly my point" you race. and dont watch channel 12, I race hate the channel and cant stand to watch it. Its those OTHER people we need to attract.

Who ever puts something together at a local car event should check with the local PD and get time and place out here fast as the days are counting down.

TTOR
05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
They might in Bellmore for some stupid trailer rule. Got pulled over 4 times in the first week I moved here.

Might be better off if the track put up ads on the radio, I don't know about you but I spend way more time listening to 102.3 and Q104.3 than I do watching New 12
"Exactly my point" you race. and dont watch channel 12, I race hate the channel and cant stand to watch it. Its those OTHER people we need to attract.

Who ever puts something together at a local car event should check with the local PD and get time and place out here fast as the days are counting down.

True, but my point was that 102.3 might be a better alternative to News 12 based on demographics and affordability...but I'm just assuming that, ideally we should explore both avenues. And either way we the drivers are going to have to be the ones who facilitate this as the track has made it's position clear on how it feels about enduros. I am sending an email to WBAB's marketing rep on behalf of drivers (not the track obviously) about some sort of partnership or at the very least see how much ad would run us.

I will also contact Bellmore PD about the car show, they have some stupid rules there like once you show up you can't leave until a certain time or something like that, but it would be worth it, we might have to offload the cars then park the trailers elsewhere.

Lastly I'm putting up a flyer in the deli my buddy works at advertising the Memorial day event, thats just one flyer and one deli but if every driver does this then thats even more exposure, and cheap exposure at that.

WEEZER
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks Pizzo and congrats on the 2nd place finish, dominic won huh, some things never change and
I have to say the 8 cyl cars have never looked better with the paint jobs and work put into them so my hats of to you guys, the 27 or 37 come to mind the most and pit bull bro, that one photo of your 8 cyl with the LF rotor ablaze tells the brake problem completely.

The Bullfather
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I have the videos! lol highlights will be up shortly after I write this takes alot of time to upload, download, edit, upload, download hahaha a cycle of highlight videos and full versions of the races.

edited: highlights are up!

RGeeProductions
05-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I have the videos! lol highlights will be up shortly after I write this takes alot of time to upload, download, edit, upload, download hahaha a cycle of highlight videos and full versions of the races.

edited: highlights are up!

Peter, ad space is available if you need it.....

The Bullfather
05-09-2011, 11:19 PM
you too? lol I'm under links :lol: Always plug The Jam.:)

PIT BULL
05-10-2011, 07:06 AM
2566 Needs some more dents and scratches though.

jwarren15
05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
i would go pizzo just let me no if anyone else is going and ill see you on the track on the 29th im coming out in my 6cyl

intruder400ex
05-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Dominick won with pizzo 2nd

yeah and me third if my counter didnt screw up 3 laps grrrrrrrrr!

unowho243
05-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks Pizzo and congrats on the 2nd place finish, dominic won huh, some things never change and
I have to say the 8 cyl cars have never looked better with the paint jobs and work put into them so my hats of to you guys, the 27 or 37 come to mind the most and pit bull bro, that one photo of your 8 cyl with the LF rotor ablaze tells the brake problem completely.

I was in the 37 car thanks for the compliment weezer