PDA

View Full Version : 05/09/11 - Sportsman Stock Cars added to Wall Stadium (5/14)

RGeeProductions
05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
SPORTSMAN STOCK CARS ADDED TO WALL STADIUM SATURDAY NIGHT (5/14) CARD BY POPULAR DEMAND

Wall Stadium promoter Cliff Krause listens to the fans who attend stock car racing events at his third mile paved oval.

The fans have made it obvious that the cars and drivers in the Blewett Recycling Sportsman division are some of their favorites. Many of those same fans told Krause that they were disappointed that the Sportsman cars were not on the upcoming May 14 Saturday night schedule. Once the fans made it clear to Krause that they wanted to see the Sportsman cars this Saturday, he added them to the schedule.

“I spoke to countless fans at the track last Saturday night who told me they wanted the Sportsman cars on this week’s card,” Krause said. “Most of those fans also told me that the Sportsman cars present some of the best racing at the track. I agree!”

Since this Saturday’s Sportsman event was added to the schedule at late notice, Krause says that the 25-lap feature will be a non-points awarding event.

“I probably got to talk to about a dozen Sportsman teams last Saturday night and almost all of them wanted to race,” Krause said. “One or two said they already had other plans since they were not on the original schedule.

“Since a few teams can’t be at the track, it will be a non-points race. Still, I’m going to come up with a little surprise for those who do race on Saturday night.”

Boy and Girl Scouts will honored this Saturday night (May 14). On “Scout Night,” the stock car speedway will offer a discounted admission price for any Scout displaying at least a part of the uniform. Scouts will also have a chance in a bicycle giveaway. Grandstand seating will open at 4:00 p.m. and the first race will start at 6:00 p.m.

The popular Shinn Crane Factory Stocks will be in the spotlight Saturday night in a double point 50-lap main event, while the Modifieds will compete in a 40-lapper. The Street Stocks and Legend Cars will compete in 25-lappers. The 4C SuperModifieds, who were originally on the schedule, canceled their appearance.

Saturday’s schedule will see the competitor pit area open at 12:30 p.m., with a paid testing session for competitors then running from 1:30 until 3:30 p.m.

The regular afternoon practice session will then begin at 4:00 p.m. and run until 5:30 p.m., while spectator seating will open at 4:00 p.m.

On track action will then begin at 6:00 p.m. with qualifying events to be followed by feature race action for all four divisions.

Wall Stadium Speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. More information can be obtained by visiting www.wallspeedway.com (http://www.wallspeedway.com). The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400 and email address is CKMotorsports@aol.com.

Jeff Gravatt