PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead 100

limodmaniac
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Last year Ron Silk won all the extra money. This year, the extra money has increased. 1000 to the winner and 1000 to the top tour finish. On top of that, right now, there is 300 to the top Riverhead finisher. If I get any more donations over the next week, this number could go up.

http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activity/028bcb098a9b4b70a5ae37cf43bf62a1

limodmaniac
05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Pretty safe to say that by the time the 100 lapper comes, the top Riverhead "regular" will take home an additional $500.

$1000 extra to the winner

$1000 extra to the top tour driver

$500 extra to the top Riverhead "regular"

Please note: in an attempt to pass the money around to more than one driver, no driver can win more than two of these bonuses.

limodmaniac
05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Rumor has TC showing up in a red 36. If anyone knows this for a fact, please let us know.

limodmaniac
05-19-2011, 04:45 PM
If you are a Riverhead "regular" in the modifieds, and you win the 100 lapper, you get an extra $1500, bringing your winnings to $2950 for the night.

If a tour guy wins, the highest finishing Riverhead "regular" takes home a $500 bonus.

To be a regular, you had to race in both races so far this season, and have the "intentions" of racing weekly this coming year.

Justin and I have talked and he is considered a Tour guy for this race.

greggforce01
05-21-2011, 10:15 AM
hope TC is there!

CuriousGeorge
05-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Great race. Great time. I thank Mr limodmaniac for all of his efforts. From the #1 vega appearing, to the theme song at the start, to the awesome battle between the 99 and 51. Wish Preece didn't wreck. Another Highlight was the schoolchildren giving the gentleman start your engines call. The cromarty's realistically should at least give the 3$ they added to the admission fee to Mr Schaeffer.

RGeeProductions
05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Great race. Great time.
Totally agree!!!

I thank Mr limodmaniac for all of his efforts.
Same here... Thanks Jim!!!!

From the #1 vega appearing, to the theme song at the start, to the awesome battle between the 99 and 51.
Lucky is was Justin and not someone who would have pushed through Timmy. Great damn racing lap after lap....

Wish Preece didn't wreck.
That's for sure!!! That could have been avoided....

Another Highlight was the schoolchildren giving the gentleman start your engines call.
They did a great job!!!

The cromarty's realistically should at least give the 3$ they added to the admission fee to Mr Schaeffer.
That I don't get. They didn't have an increased purse and only ran 4 divisions. Not sure why they raised gate price.

CuriousGeorge
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Limodmaniac deserves all the credit in the world. Another guy who deserves a lot of credit is Bob Finan. He does a great job keeping the crowd informed, interested, and awake. If it weren't for him, Riverhead would really be boring.

Hollywood
05-22-2011, 08:55 AM
The best damn racing I've seen in years....Great job by all!!!! :)

Teds Race Tours
05-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Between Timmy and Justin, I'd say the future of Long Island's "modified gang" looks pretty bright. They both deserved the win last night. They raced each other with class, which was expected, but they also raced with passion, too. I joked with 51 after the race "why didn't you try and pass Timmy"?. Justin threw everything but the kitchen sink at Timmy, but had to settle for 2nd. Great Race. Great Night. Can't wait for the 100 next year.....can't we have 2 of them in 2012?:):):)

BleachrCreature
05-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Great job by limodmaniac for getting the money for an increased purse which brought some tour cars that otherwise wouldnt have raced!

It would've been nice if the track matched the amount of money that Jim raised.

It was a great battle between the 99 and 51 for the win.

The 41 stops not once but 2 DIFFERENT times in turn 2 to bring out the yellow, does he get a 1 lap penalty or in this case 2 laps.:confused:

The field is set and going green next time by, then the caution is out.Why,because the 41 is moving in the pits.:confused:

I know last week the officials did penalize a car for stopping and didnt throw the caution for a car moving in the pits as they were going green next time by. Guess that's one reason why I don't go there everyweek like I used to.:rolleyes:

Spectator
05-22-2011, 12:45 PM
The 41 was a mess he was going at it with 8 ball car, the 89 and fortin. :disgusted

nymods
05-22-2011, 06:48 PM
We would liek to thank Dave Brigati and the 98X team for giving us a good car to race with. We didnt know what to expect since Zane had never even seen the track before and we didnt even know what car we were racing until we got there. The facility is a very nice place and the staff and officials were all very pleasant. We are hoping to be back again. Also thanks to limodmaniac for raising the extra money for the event. I believe that 30 cars is the most mods at any track this year except for the 2 whelen tour shows.

Zeiner Motorsports

rrealto
05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Maybe you should drive the 41 weekly. You did a great job. Looked strong late.

greggforce01
05-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Great job by limodmaniac for getting the money for an increased purse which brought some tour cars that otherwise wouldnt have raced!

It would've been nice if the track matched the amount of money that Jim raised.

It was a great battle between the 99 and 51 for the win.

The 41 stops not once but 2 DIFFERENT times in turn 2 to bring out the yellow, does he get a 1 lap penalty or in this case 2 laps.:confused:

The field is set and going green next time by, then the caution is out.Why,because the 41 is moving in the pits.:confused:

I know last week the officials did penalize a car for stopping and didnt throw the caution for a car moving in the pits as they were going green next time by. Guess that's one reason why I don't go there everyweek like I used to.:rolleyes:

Couldn't agree with you more on almost every point you made here in this post...

Great race between 99 and 51!

Also seems like the 41 received special treatment, on numerous occassions.

Turbo
05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
I would like to say that it was one exciting race between timmy and justin. Both deserve a tip of the cap for racing each other hard but clean. Justin had the car to beat but showed timmy tons of respect by backing out several times.

nymods
05-23-2011, 09:34 AM
if you look at the results, the 41 ended up 17th 2 laps down. He came across the line in 9th but was penalized 2 laps.