PDA

View Full Version : 05/11/11 - Laticrete signs on as headline sponsor of Star SBM 125 Modified Open

RGeeProductions
05-11-2011, 09:37 PM
The Star Speedway is pleased to announce that LATICRETE International of Bethany, Conn., has today agreed to become a headline sponsor of the Tour-Type Modified Open event which will carry a purse in excess of $32,000 on Saturday, June 4 at the racy quarter-mile in Epping, New Hampshire.

LATICRETE is an American company that has been a worldwide leader, and innovator, in the manufacturing of installation systems, waterproofing products and now floor heating systems for tile and stone applications since 1956. More information can be found at: www.laticrete.com.

The race, now known as the "LATICRETE SBM 125", will bring the best of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, the Valenti Modified Racing Series and the Star weekly Modified division together for a one-time only event that is sure to be, "A Race Like No Other".

"We had good success up there with Ed Marceau's 66 car," stated nine-time NASCAR Touring Series Champion Mike Stefanik of Coventry, R.I. "Eddie and Brad Lafontaine give me a nice piece to go play with, so I'm looking forward to it. I still enjoy racing at 52 and hopefully I will enjoy Star."

Stefanik won the most recent "Open" show held at Star back in October of 2008. The track sat silent for the better part of the last two seasons. With the Webber family back in control of the facility for 2011, Star is enjoying a rebirth, and the LATICRETE SBM 125 is a big part of that.

A return to victory lane at Star won't be an easy ride for Stefanik though, as he will have to contend with an all-star field of Modified drivers and race teams. Dwight Jarvis of Ascutney, Vt., was the first to file an official entry for the race. Jarvis has nearly 20 Championships to his credit, including one with the VMRS.

Ted Christopher, Doug Coby, Jon McKennedy, Ryan Preece, Rowan Pennink, Andy Seuss, Chris Pasteryak, Steve Masse, Josh Cantara, Louie Mechalides and David Pinkham are just a few of the drivers who hope to qualify for the starting field of this event.

The five fastest in qualifying will compete in the, "Exeter Decorating Dash for the Cash Pole" worth $500 plus the pole starting position in the main event thanks to sponsorship from Exeter Decorating of Exeter, N.H.

Lap money available during the race will be more than $6,000. That includes a halfway bonus of $250, thanks to sponsorship from EKeys 4 Cars. Other valuable laps from Coca-Cola and associate race sponsor Jim Schaefer, better known as the "Long Island Mod Maniac", are worth at least $100 apiece. A Hard Charger award is also being presented by TJ Co.

The race winner will also become the first guaranteed starter of the season for the John Blewett Memorial North-South Shootout race to be held in Myrtle Beach, S.C. in November, and Speedway Illustrated will add in a one-year subscription to the winner as well.

Profits from the "LATICRETE SBM 125", and $10 for every Hoosier Tire sold for the event, will go towards paying a point fund for race teams who competed in a four race series at the track in 2008. Matt Hirschman was the champion of that series, with Ron Silk finishing a close second.

June 4 is now just over three weeks away. The "LATICRETE SBM 125" is sure to be a night to remember; a night when race fans can make the difference by supporting a cause for Modified race teams. Don't miss your opportunity to see a one time only event in Modified racing.

For updated information on this and other races at Star Speedway, or to help out by sponsoring a lap, or supporting the lap sponsors from this event, log onto the track web site at: www.star-speedway.com (http://www.star-speedway.com).

Kevin Rice

limodmaniac
05-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Can't wait to get up to Star again. Kevin has done a great job putting this together. I'm glad I can be a small part of it. If you havent been to Star to see a modified race, put it on your calendar. If you've been before, you know about the excitement we are going to see!

SUfan
05-15-2011, 08:44 PM
There are 28 laps left to be sponsored for $50 as of today.

SUfan
05-19-2011, 07:27 PM
FYI- Any Modified team planning to practice at Star on Friday, June 3rd will have to buy practice set of tires directly from Hoosier in CT. They will not have a truck at the track for practice on Friday. Race tires must be bought on raceday at the track only. Practice tire serial numbers will be logged for practice only.