PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts

deathwishracin1
05-13-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm almost positive I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. I'm looking to build a 4 cyl car for next season out of an old daily driver of mine. The factory engine mounts were shot 4 years ago so I replaced them. For the cost of 2 factory style mounts I got a full set of aftermarket mounts (saving money is always good, right? lol). They are plain steel mounts with polyurethane inserts, engine is original for the car and in original location. The mounts are obviously not OEM tho. Being that mounts really don't have much effect (if any) on the performance of the car, will they pass tech if I get pulled in after the race?

art11758
05-13-2011, 08:28 AM
IMO they should. It is an improved item which should relate as a "safer" item. However if for some bizarre reason they don't cut the mustard in the inspectors opinion, you may be out of luck. I think you shouldn't have said anything really. Then all you have to do is practice the old "I had no idea they were in there" defense. Or "this was an old lady car!" works in a pinch. In desperation plead, "it was my uncle's station car". :lol:

A69pizzoo
05-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Stock oem mounts as far as I know.

deathwishracin1
05-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I figured as much. Only reason I asked is cuz I can get a used set of oem mounts fairly easy now. I'd rather just save myself the headache if it's going to be one. Thanks guys.

Maladjusted
06-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Paint em black!
I wont tell.