PDA

View Full Version : Big D.

Poppop
05-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Did anybody make it to Big Diamond yesterday? I got scared away by the potential for a rain out.

Poppop

Erin C
05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
you are not the only one, we wanted to go up as well but the rain looked like it was definitely going to hit...they got the races in and the results are on the sjdr forum:

http://theboard.southjerseydirtracing.com/DisplayThread.asp?BD=1563332&Page=1&ForumID=27&msgid=1563332&OM=1563332#1563332

Poppop
05-16-2011, 09:32 AM
:wave:Thanks for the info Erin and congratulations to T-Bird on a top ten.:cheers:

Poppop

310fig8
05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
I had my entry in since March. When I saw the weather report I started calling the track and leaving messages. I had 3 different numbers that I called and NO ONE got back to me. It's a 4 hour tow for me. I didn't want to tow there to get rained out. Thats a lot of gas. Thank you Big Diamond for keeping us informed. :mad:

Poppop
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Same thing with me,I never got through till 1:30. That's a little too late for me to drive the 85 miles and still have the prep time I need when I'm solo.

Poppop

tbirdracer
05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks poppop, i found out that they were running unless heavy down pour or lightning. the car ran good but someone spun out in front of me and i t-boned him. bent the front end. I finished the race and my car looks like it is talking. I will have to fix it and not sure until i get it ripped apart to see how much damage. Put I had a blast!!!!!!

NeetsSpectator
05-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Same thing with me,I never got through till 1:30. That's a little too late for me to drive the 85 miles and still have the prep time I need when I'm solo.

Poppop

Same here. I didn't find out until it was way too late to drive the 2-1/2 hours.
Sorry I wasn't there with the cameras Tbird and Captain.

I'll be at NES on the 29 with car cameras if anyone is going.

rustyboltz6
05-16-2011, 04:28 PM
It rained, and then the sun came out. It rained, and then the sun came out. Most of the afternoon was touch and go, nothing was gauranteed?? It was a flip of the coin whether you were travelling or if you lived close. It was stated that one more shower would have probably done the track in for the day!! Nothing was posted because it was never cancelled. I was at the races Friday night and it was stated by management that they were going to do everything they could to get the enduro races in yesterday. I think they stuck to their word and the day went pretty smooth considering the weather and that it was their first enduro of the season under the new/old management. The Big cars ran the entire 100 laps and the Small cars, I think, ran around 60 until the last big downpour shut things down for the day. The Ladies were not able to race at all.

Philter39
05-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Is BD using transponders this year ? I see nothing on mylaps from 2011. phil

racinrob43
05-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Phil,

I heard over the P.A. system a call to have all transponders registered, so I would say yes.

Also, if anyone wants to see photos, they will be posted at www.fastfotos.zenfolio.com They being uploaded as I type. It will take awhile, with about 1000 photos to upload.

tbirdracer
05-16-2011, 11:58 PM
poppop, want to see the 2EZ after the hit. look at photo 300. look like it is from the movie cars. my car was saying ouch!!!!! love the photos!

Poppop
05-17-2011, 05:37 AM
:lol:The picture tells a lot. It looks like it's just cosmetic damage but I can only see what's on the outside. The other notable is the track surface. In spite of the rain it looks great but there were probably some mud holes down low.:lol:

Poppop

tbirdracer
05-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Sorry you are wrong poppop. The track was worked in and was mud puddle free. The only place that was sloppy was infield. I thought the track was fast and stayed together very well. They also did a 3 wide standing still start. Took me back to when I was first started racing. I will see how bad the frame is when I take the front end off. See ya Poppop :lol:

3gracing
05-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Phil, Yes we did use transponders at BD. I asked before we left the track how long until the my laps would be uploaded and no one seemed to have a clue what i was talking about! So we wait!!

Is BD using transponders this year ? I see nothing on mylaps from 2011. phil

racinrob43
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Glad you like the photos.

Yes, I believe I had the worse spot, standing in the infield. The track looked good, especially considering the weather. They added clay, and it's not as sandy as what they had last year. They also took out the inside walls in the turns.

Hope to see everyone in June.

CAPTAIN
05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
The track was great from start to finish. I actually got to race from lap one. Diamond also followed neets pay scale. It was a good day until the rain came. I worked a deal with joe to get transponders for the next diamond race.