PDA

View Full Version : Champ Charger Car for Sale End of Year

Lugnuts
05-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Seems as if Chris Turbish has had enough, That is if I am reading between the lines correctly. I don't know what happened, however to go from looking to defend your championship to selling the car something must have really gone wrong. If he is that upset why race the remainder of the season? Lets face it, everyone seems to have problems with the officials. It seems as if no matter who is in charge, calls are made, favorites are given more slack than others, people get pissed off and then things seem to fall apart and car counts diminish. Here we are in a failing economy, low car counts, low payouts and officals are making calls that probably could be better thought out. (we all know there have been plenty of bad ones) Guys come out to race because they want to, not to make money. It seems as if when things go bad guys get shafted or the feel they got shafted they get pissed off and move on. This seems to be the normal path many at riverhead have taken in the past. I don't want to get started but I could list many people who probably moved on or packed it in due to these reasons.

I remember the days working on a crew at RVH and you had to race your way into the show through heats or through a consi. If you didn't make the show you loaded up and watched the show or went home. That was the case in all divisions. Granted ,tough times have contributed to this however, many have packed it in, gone to race elsewhere etc due to poor officiating.

I guess what I am saying here is it is a shame that racing on Long Island is dying (although I was pretty impressed with the car counts opening night, especially the mods)and once it is gone it will be gone forever. I still enjoy the show the racers put on and feel bad that it has come to this.

If anyone knows, i am curious to know what happened Sat. with the defending champ.

Turbo
05-19-2011, 12:56 AM
He is losing all fun he used to have because he seems to have a spotlight on him. Just looking for equality, if you do it to him, please do it for everyone else.

fisherman
05-20-2011, 05:39 AM
my boat leaves the dock in shinnecock every sat at 7am lol

greggforce01
05-21-2011, 10:12 AM
fisherman as I saw it, the 95 lost it, and slammed chris spinning him around. the guy goes in the pits and they start the race, didn't even give him a lap. I can understand his frustration. looks like the 95 forgot how to drive since last season. officiating still isn't consistent.

fisherman
05-21-2011, 01:33 PM
fisherman as I saw it, the 95 lost it, and slammed chris spinning him around. the guy goes in the pits and they start the race, didn't even give him a lap. I can understand his frustration. looks like the 95 forgot how to drive since last season. officiating still isn't consistent.

ah the same reason 80 percent of us have left lol:wave::wave: