PDA

View Full Version : 05/19/11 - Spencer flooded out , season opener moved to May 27

RGeeProductions
05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately the heavy Spring rains have finally had an effect on Spencer Speedway. Due to a flooded out parking lot, infield area and pit area, the 57th annual season opener was canceled. Now the opener will take place Friday, May 27, at 7:30 p.m.

“I really can not say how sorry I am to have to cancel this week,” stated promoter John White . “We just don’t have any place to put anybody. Everything is flooded and the weatherman is calling for more rain tonight and tomorrow. It’s a shame, as we had such a great test and tune session last week.”

The 100-lap Sunoco Modified feature has been rescheduled to Friday, June 10. That race will remain part of the Graff Trucking/Sunoco Race Fuels NASCAR Upstate NY Pro-Modified Challenge series.

“I have to check with the Legends people to see if they want to reschedule,” added White. “I’ll just have to announce any decision on them in the near future.”

The May 27, 57th Season Opener will feature a regular Four Star program of NASCAR Sunoco Modifieds, Super Stocks, Super Sixes and Auto Value 4-Cylinder Scorpions. Pit gates will open at 4:30 pm , with grandstands opening at 5:30 p.m. Racing will start at 7:30 p.m. sharp.

Spencer Speedway is located just fifteen minutes east of Rochester , NY , along Route 104 in the Town of Williamson . Spencer Speedway is the local “ NASCAR Place to Race” for Central New York . Points earned each week at Spencer are counted into the national NASCAR Whelen All-American Series championship.

Gary M. Spaid