PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend 'Duro

cerckl'm racing
05-30-2011, 12:59 AM
My kid ran his first Enduro Sunday, and I can't thank you guys enough for making it a great day for him/us. It didn't look like it would happen since an incident the night before that kept us up past 3 AM made us late picking up a 'race-ready' car (that wasn't) Sunday morning, and the gas attendant that apparently forgot to put the gas cap back on while we were inside trying to use his ATM that wouldn't work (requiring yet another stop) getting us to the track REAL late. Once we got there things got a little smoother. We would like to thank the guys who helped doing and finishing the car, the Capiello's and Terry (?) at the back gate for steering us to where we needed to be, the big guy who helped us unload the car and ran a borrowed gas cap to us, the offers of spray paint and gas caps from one of the 4 cyl. (33?) and a few truck racers, Iron Man welding for their help and advice, the tech guys keeping us moving, the words of advice/encouragement from all especially the Pitbull Motors guy, and the cop/6 cyl. driver who graciously accepted my sons apology for an accidental spin. He had a great time and hopefully the first of many. Thanks guys! :cheers:

killa54
05-30-2011, 06:57 AM
he is a friend of mine, his name is pj, 4 every dooshbag at the track there is a guy like him. hes a really good & humble guy. i'll let him know u appriciated his help..

cerckl'm racing
05-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Please do! He came right over outside the gate and started helping unstrap the car - I figured my son knew him, but he didn't. Thanks again all...

RPMcGrellis414
05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
It was the most stressful but by far the most fun I think Ive ever had, thank you to everyone my dad mentioned, I couldnt believe how helpful everyone was there were people spending more time by my car then their own car, I had a pretty rough race after I hit the wall my car wasnt the same and I made a bunch of mistakes which led to some incidental bumping which I do/did apoligize for, overall it was a great time thank you to all that made it possible :wave:

PIT BULL
05-31-2011, 06:58 PM
If any 4cyl guys who dont top 10 want advice ask me at the track. I would like to see how far the slower cars can pick up pace with any help I can offer.