PDA

View Full Version : minivan demo video

killa54
05-30-2011, 06:38 AM
http://youtu.be/wR_Tok4-T4Q

unowho243
05-30-2011, 02:51 PM
at 5:30 you see the visious drive door hit... the hitter eventually won the derby... JUST SAYING

killa54
05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
It was definitly a bad hit, I don't know what goes on.. I'm actually guilty also, I was goin in when the guy spun around & I gave him a lil tap, I drove up & looked 4 the flag & nothin happened..

Gravel
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Watched the video 10x. Jamie, noticed the DD hit. Noticed the other DD hit, too. On the 2nd. It appears that the hitter was already commited and the hittee jerked the wheel to the right to get out of the way. I also was informed that the hitting driver was in his very first demo. I personally don't know of ANY demo driver that intentionally hits in the drivers door. Maybe with more experiance, the hitting driver will know to turn away from the hit. Should he have been DQ'ed. Yes. Why he wasn't, I honestly believe that the hit was not seen. I've known Tom Kilkenney for over 30 years. I know for a fact that if he saw it, the guy would have been done. What the fan needs to know is that these minivans are very difficult to control going in reverse. Maybe making the field smaller with such few vans in the future will cut down on these type's of hits.

deathwishracin1
05-30-2011, 09:17 PM
The second dd hit was seen (not by Tommy, at least two officials did tho), pointed out, and ignored. At least George is ok. Why do they bother making a huge deal about DD hits before the demo, including making everyone actually paint their door another color that night, and still not enforce the call? I'm not trying to pick on the winner, he got lucky. I've given a couple accidental door shots, I got DQ'ed for it. If they are going to stress it, they should enforce it IMO. and Jamie, as far as I can tell you barely touched the door. Congrats to the winning Mulqueen (sorry I can't remember your name lol), you got over this time, it's happened to everyone.

Another issue I see is the problem of getting people to stop for the red flag, You guys need to pay attention out there, and I feel we need a better way do get the attention of the drivers than Tommy running on the track like a lunatic (although that's kinda funny to watch).

deathwishracin1
05-30-2011, 09:20 PM
at 5:30 you see the visious drive door hit... the hitter eventually won the derby... JUST SAYING

Thats Riverhead rule enforcement for you, twice Ive watched them bust you for things they ignored on other cars now. Two races in a row mind you. JUST SAYING

deathwishracin1
05-30-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/benchracing.htm

Click mini van demo

From this angle it looks like the 99 saw a clean shot on George's nose, George turned, and slow reaction time turned into a door hit, IDK I wasn't driving, just showing a different view and it seems to agree with Gravel. On a lighter note, man Jamie, your dad is LOUD lol. You can hear him screaming during the red flag.

killa54
05-31-2011, 07:40 AM
http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/benchracing.htm

Click mini van demo

From this angle it looks like the 99 saw a clean shot on George's nose, George turned, and slow reaction time turned into a door hit, IDK I wasn't driving, just showing a different view and it seems to agree with Gravel. On a lighter note, man Jamie, your dad is LOUD lol. You can hear him screaming during the red flag.

and he wasnt even yellin, u should see him when i was a trouble maker..lol..

Gravel
05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
and he wasnt even yellin, u should see him when i was a trouble maker..lol..

What do you mean, WAS??

Gravel
05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Thats Riverhead rule enforcement for you, twice Ive watched them bust you for things they ignored on other cars now. Two races in a row mind you. JUST SAYING

Read my signature.

tink914
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
COLOR="lime"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]jamie is aloud to hit dd cause his daddy run the demo:lol: and for the 99 van dd hit how can u say george move in to the hit when his battery cable was off and he was fixing. u should not have won! from a fan view the winners should have been george and jason cause 2 dd hit black flag and when the red flag came out the 3 van that were still going didn't stop till tom was yelling in the middle of the track everyone should follow the rule or stay off the track

irish mike 317
06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
lol, wow someone else noticed what i did and they want more cars to come to the track. Once there were many now there are few if this keeps up then there will be none.

killa54
06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey tink, ur entitled 2 ur opinion but take it easy with the daddy stuff, how is it when I get away with something its cause my "daddy" helped me and then 2 other people do the same thing, were their daddies there too, or are we all brothers??

And mike, ur right, I agree..

deathwishracin1
06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
COLOR="lime"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]jamie is aloud to hit dd cause his daddy run the demo:lol: and for the 99 van dd hit how can u say george move in to the hit when his battery cable was off and he was fixing. u should not have won! from a fan view the winners should have been george and jason cause 2 dd hit black flag and when the red flag came out the 3 van that were still going didn't stop till tom was yelling in the middle of the track everyone should follow the rule or stay off the track

Charlene, as a driver I can guarantee that you don't always remember things as they really happened. Not trying to argue, just pointing something out. If you watch the video I posted, starting at 3:38, or Jamie's video starting at 5:20, George's van was moving when he got hit in the door. You can see the huge trail of sparks coming off his left front wheel as he is making a right turn, he straightens out and tries to cut right and gets slammed in the door. The video doesn't lie, memories can. As for the three vans not stopping, Rich Fowler (the white van) DID stop. The other two vans kept going and hitting him. He started moving again to try to get out of the line of fire.

I was out on the wall that night with Tommy. Nobody on the wall saw Jamie hit George's door. Not me (sorry I was watching Jay), not Tommy, not the flagman. The video proves he hit it. Sorry Jamie, A door shot is a door shot, you got lucky. At least your door shot was a pretty light one, and obv not intentional. I wasn't there for the calls last season, please keep me out of that arguement. I want no part of it. The 99 should have been flagged too, he also got lucky. They do know how to call door shots, I was DQ'd last season and Tommy was pulled from the championship both due to door shots. They need consistency in calling them, that is the problem. I think the bashing on Jamie should be calmed since obv somebody got the same pass he did. Tommy had nothing to do with this call considering the officials missed it. I'm quite sure if they saw it they would have at least consulted Tommy. Both guys got lucky, both at George's expense. That's all I have to say. Other than it's funny that nobody is pointing out how Rich Fowler also got caught in the door that night. Video I posted shows that too.

irish mike 317
06-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Only 5 vans how do you you hit someone in the drivers door, you have more than enough room to manuver your car it was a sad demo. It was a great car count these new rules must be great!

deathwishracin1
06-07-2011, 11:19 PM
3 door shots in a six van demo is bad, I agree. If the track doesn't enforce calls, people start to try to avoid them less unfortunately. Happens with any rule. As for car counts, most people were complaining that it was pretty hard finding vans at a price that made sense to wreck.

I'd say the new rules are working out pretty well considering the smallest demo last season was 8 cars, which equalled the average demo the prior few seasons before. Add the 21 car championship that was the same or slightly higher than the prior few seasons, sounds to me like people like the new rules. From what I'm hearing there will be a much better turnout on the 18th.

irish mike 317
06-07-2011, 11:26 PM
8 cars wasn't even a heat race years ago and 21 cars in championship thats not even half of what they used to have. When your 7 year old asks when can we go in the pits this is boring you know its sad. I can only hope it gets better.

deathwishracin1
06-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Believe me, I feel where you're coming from Mike. I grew up watching those 20+ car demos during the season and the 3 heats and a consi of 20+ cars just to qualify for the championship. I grew up watching Primmy, Whiplash, Speedo, Eugene Malverty, and all the others from the late 80's to late 90's. I miss those days and would love to run a real demo. The past few years a "big" demo has been 10 or so cars. I'm only pointing out there has been an improvement in car counts last season. Small improvement yes, but improvement none the less.

irish mike 317
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
I have to disagree now what iam i supposed to do with the cars that i have ready to run set up the way i ran for over ten years . Then the rules get changed wtf and im not the only one that has cars sitting around. So i went and watched from the stands with my kids and i should have stayed home and saved myself money, they dont know what was worse the 5 van demo or 4 buses doing a figure eight.

deathwishracin1
06-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Unfortunately I can't help you there. About the only thing i can suggest is if you don't want to travel, try to get the track to add a second demo class that allows your style of build. Works pretty good at other tracks and gives a good comparison on how people would rather build and run their cars. As for your building style, idk what you do to those cars, but they are solid. You made me lose feeling in my legs for a few seconds on a shot you gave me in 08 lol. That was the hardest I've ever been hit.

killa54
06-08-2011, 10:06 AM
The "build" rules haven't changed at riverhead, they're just being enforced, which is more than I can say for the on track rules.. by the way, riverhead isn't the only place to demo, take ur sitting cars to a track that allows welded cars.. but I've yet 2 come across such a place, maybe somewhere in the midwest..

tink914
06-11-2011, 01:42 PM
sorry was not trying to call jamie out.thank you just saying and one of the flagmen seen the door shot that jamie gave my husband. yes jamie did pull away to make sure george was ok thanks for that.jamie thank you for getting them to call the red flag for george. but rules are rule and where did you all get ur videos from cause the one i have shows george sitting when 99 plowed in to the driver door my 13 year son called jamie when he was wrong and his watch the video and sayed he was right. and jamie u hide alot that y you lastv longer then others. demo u car stop being a girl about it. brian jamie hit when he was moving

tink914
06-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Rich Fowler also got caught in the door that night by the 99

killa54
06-11-2011, 03:07 PM
sorry was not trying to call jamie out.thank you just saying and one of the flagmen seen the door shot that jamie gave my husband. yes jamie did pull away to make sure george was ok thanks for that.jamie thank you for getting them to call the red flag for george. but rules are rule and where did you all get ur videos from cause the one i have shows george sitting when 99 plowed in to the driver door my 13 year son called jamie when he was wrong and his watch the video and sayed he was right. and jamie u hide alot that y you lastv longer then others. demo u car stop being a girl about it. brian jamie hit when he was moving

Sorry u see it this way, I fight 2 win, I don't blow my load in the 1st round, like I said to george 10 times already, sorry 4 the dd hit, I should have been flagged 4 it, officials missed a lot of stuff that night..

deathwishracin1
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I know George was moving when Jamie caught him in the door, I wasn't arguing that. The two videos are both posted here. The first is the one Jamie posted, which is his own video on youtube, and the other is from pitstoppitbull.com. Both have clear views of George being hit by the 99. George was chasing Jamie before the hit. The pitstoppitbull.com video was actually focusing on Georges van leading up to and during the hit. Id like to see your video Just to watch it.

deathwishracin1
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Did you even watch either of the two videos posted Charlene?

tink914
06-14-2011, 10:37 PM
jamie i know that and i said thank u.BUT you still hide like a girl that y u win.brian come over and watch the video 99 hit george twice in the dd. I'm not looking to fight over it .but that y no one wants to do the demo anymore.cause cheaters sould not win

deathwishracin1
06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
I didn't know the 99 got his dd twice. The one in the videos on here is a pretty nasty shot, I'd be suprised if that didn't hurt George at all. If I can find a little extra gas money I'll stop by, but I haven't gotten a paycheck in too long and I still gotta wait another week. Any chance you could bring it to the track sat?

irish mike 317
06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
lol he hides a lot, sounds like we got another whiplash out there.

killa54
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
You've been hiding since 09, quit running ya mouth & go build a car..

irish mike 317
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Not hiding since 09 just not stupid to get teamed up on like the 77 on sat and eugene last year so much for the rules with no teamwork. Guess you missed that one.

The Bullfather
06-20-2011, 03:52 PM
In all honesty I will be addressing this on Bench Racing this week and give an account of those around me and what they thought about Saturday Nights Demo. We have a lot of great talent out there but.... stay tuned!

killa54
06-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Take off the beer goggles mike, there were 3 albin cars & 3 mulqueens left out there, it just happened 2 be our night, I didn't here u complain when the mulqueens beat up on fowler in the minivan demo, every1 knows u don't like me & u'll put spin on every derby 2 try smear me & my old man. I don't know if u been payin attention but last week I got a fans choice & guess what, I got it the week b4 also, it seems like its just u & ur cronies who don't like me, I think I'm ok with that..

deathwishracin1
06-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Jamie is right here. Even when it came down to 3 albins cars and just Tim mulqueen it wasn't teaming up. Jamie called jay out. Two albins cars fought with each other and Bobby fought with Tim. As for Eugene, That wasn't intentional double teaming and I'll explain why I feel it wasn't. There were cars from 3 different groups going after him in the wall. The neon green Marquis (I think it was one of the Fowler's, not sure) plastered Eugene and Idk if they got stuck or what. Then Jimmy white took advantage and nuked Eugene, same as my brother. I doubt 3 different groups conspired against him, I feel he was a victim of circumstance. The end of the championship was another story all together tho. Sorry cheesebox, you were odd man out.

We went thru this argument quickly last July. Most wouldn't fully admit it bit also didn't deny it. I don't care who you are. If it comes to the last few cars and its you, a teammate or two, and someone else, odd man out better hold on. Blood is thicker than water, at that point you make sure that the team wins.

And yes Jamie, its hilarious that in the minivan demo it was two mulqueens and rich Fowler working to take you out then the two mulqueens turned on rich. Nobody complained about that, not even you. But this time its a problem. You took that beating like a man and so did rich. And that Just supports my point. You were odd men out. If I'm odd man out I expect to get attacked. Its part of the game.

killa54
06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
In all honesty I will be addressing this on Bench Racing this week and give an account of those around me and what they thought about Saturday Nights Demo. We have a lot of great talent out there but.... stay tuned!

i was wondering when bench racing will be available to view?

The Bullfather
06-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Later tonight had EEKR go-karts plus Fathers Day. Spent about 17+ hours at the track this weekend. Been editing all day, I edit the full version of the races for dvds and then the highlight version for the website.

killa54
06-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I'll just keep checking..

The Bullfather
06-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Still working on it lol 9 o'clock and just doing the full verison.