PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten for Frantz in Season Debut

LongIslandJam
05-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Paul Frantz made his 2011 debut May 29 at Mountain Speedway. The plan was finish and have fun. Both happened.

After qualifying for the feature through the heat race, Frantz started the Associated Chiropractic #10 ninth in the seventeen car field. A few laps in, Paul fell back a few spots due to an ill handling car. He was starting to make a charge back, but was involved in a multi-car accident on lap 7. Frantz pitted and the crew found some damage to the front frame section. Determined not to have a dnf, crew chief Shaun Burd suggested changing tires and going back out.

The idea paid off. Frantz restarted the race fourteenth and by the end of the race he was ninth. Frantz stated:"I was ready to call it a day. Shaun said lets put the old tires on and just run around. I'm glad he did".

The day didn't go as planned, but the team was happy. "We were hoping for a better finish, but the car's in one piece. I don't think the damage is all that bad. We'll have to take it a part and go from there": Paul said.

Next up for the Frantz Racing is supposed to be June 4 with the Tour Type Mods at Mountain Speedway for the Evergreen Reunion night. Depending on the severity of the damage, the team may take the week off and get ready for the June 11 Sport Mod race.

For more information, go to www.frantzracing10.com