PDA

View Full Version : 06/04/11 - Tim Arre tops Wall Modifieds Saturday Night

RGeeProductions
06-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Veteran Modified stock car driver Tim Arre ended a winless streak of over two years by taking the win in the 40-lap main event at Wall Stadium speedway Saturday night. It was the 27th Modified win of the Toms River speedster’s career.

Due to his recent streak of bad fortunes, handicapping started Arre near the front of the pack and rocketed to the lead soon after the green flag. Arre fought off New Egypt’s Jason Hearne most of the way until Anthony Sesely of Matawan advanced to third and began to challenge Hearne. This fight for second boiled over when the duo touched in the second turn on lap 31 and Hearne’s mount tagged the guardrail. Officials sent Sesely to the rear of the field at that point for what they thought was his involvement in the mishap.

From that point on Arre held on for the win over Roger Coss of Lafayette, Freehold’s Chas Okerson, Chris Hamilton of North Haledon and Sesely, who recovered for fifth in the final laps.

“This car still isn’t the way we want it,” Arre said after the race. “But I have a great crew and they will get it there. One thing I’ve learned after all these years is you have to protect the bottom of the track to win and that is what I did tonight.

“I’m just real happy for Bob Nelson, my car owner. If I were Bob I would have fired me a long time ago. I started to doubt if I could win again. Bob never doubted me.

The companion 25-lapper for the Blewett Recycling Sportsman cars was a real thriller with Howell’s Chris Lane and Brick’s Adam Gordon fighting for the lead most of the way. But when the duo tangled as they exited the final turn on the final lap, defending champ Kevin Eyres of Colts Neck was able to avoid the scramble and go from third to first. Howell’s Kevin Davison, Joey King of Galloway, Howell’s Eric Mauriello and Shawna Ingraham of Brick wrapped up the top five. Lane and Gordon were awarded tenth and 11th, respectively.

Shannon Mongeau of Bradley Beach raced from eighth and into the lead near the halfway mark to win his fifth United Crane Factory Stock 25-lapper in as many tries. Beachwood’s Todd Pilla and Toms River’s Marty Van Druten were second and third, while Howell’s Steve West and Mark Tischler of Martinsville completed the top five.

Derek Hopkinson of Toms River took the lead on lap 5 and then powered home to victory in the INEX Legend Cars 25-lapper. Trevor Alspach of Willingboro, Edison’s Brian Spencer, Zach Alspach and Tischler were second through fifth.

Carl Thomas of Tinton Falls crossed the finish line first in the Street Stock 15-lapper, but when his car failed a post-race inspection Nick Shaw of Warren celebrated his first ever win.

Wall Stadium roars back into action this Saturday night (June 11) with the Legend Cars in the spotlight in Twin 25 lap main events. Lap sponsorships for the Legend Cars races are still available at the speedway office. In addition, the Sportsman cars, Street Stocks and Factory Stocks are all scheduled for 25-lappers and the Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club will also have its beautifully restored vehicles on hand. The Modifieds will have the night off.

With no early afternoon paid practice session planned, pit gates and grandstand seating will open at 4:00 p.m. and regular practice will start at 5:00 p.m. The first qualifying event will take the green flag at 7:00 p.m.

Wall Stadium presents professional motorsports events on most Saturdays and Sundays during the summer months. The speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while CKMotorsports@aol.com is the track’s email address. More information is also available at www.wallspeedway.com (http://www.wallspeedway.com).

MODIFIED FEATURE – 40 Laps – 1. TIM ARRE, TOMS RIVER, 2. Roger Coss, 3. Chas Okerson, 4. Chris Hamilton, 5. Anthony Sesely, 6. Amanda Sesely, 7. Shaun Carrig, 8. Harry Schaeffer, 9. John McCormack, 10. Ron Frees, 11. Jason Hearne, 12. Bob Pomeroy, 13. Adam LaCicero

SPORTSMAN FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. KEVIN EYRES, COLTS NECK, 2. Kevin Davison, 3. Joey King, 4. Eric Mauriello, 5. Shawna Ingraham, 6. Zach Alspach, 7. Robert Sutphin, 8. Matt Langbein, 9. Robert Vassilatos, 10. Chris Lane, 11. Adam Gordon, 12. Dave Bailey, 13. Andrew Krause, 14. David Calabrese, 15. Joe Mongeau, 16. Steve Whitt, 17. Jonathan Mandato, 18. Trevor Alspach, 19. Charlie Kremer III

FACTORY STOCK FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. SHANNON MONGEAU, BRADLEY BEACH, 2. Todd Pilla, 3. Marty Van Druten, 4. Steve West, 5. Mark Tischler, 6. Steve Lynch, 7. Neil Katz, 8. Whitey Miller, 9. Robert St. Hilaire, 10. Jim Downey, 11. Rick Siddons, 12. Ed Bischoff, 13. Trey Tomaino, 14. Steve Michel, 15. Rob Longo

LEGEND CARS FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. DEREK HOPKINSON, TOMS RIVER, 2. Trevor Alspach, 3. Brian Spencer, 4. Zach Alspach, 5. Mark Tischler, 6. Robert French, 7. Kenny Van Wickle, 8. Shannon Mongeau, 9. Casey Robicheau, 10. Malcolm Campbell, 11. Ron Poley, 12. Jim Davison, 13. Rob Hyer, 14. Beth MacFarlane

STREET STOCK FEATURE – 15 Laps – 1. NICK SHAW, WARREN, 2. Bill Vanderveen, 3. Jerry Stanzione, 4. Marc Rogers, DQ Carl Thomas

Jeff Gravatt