PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fox and Wayne Peterson Team up for Pocono ARCA 200

LongIslandJam
06-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Berwick, PA (June 8, 2011)- After withdrawing from the upcoming ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards event at Pocono International Raceway days earlier, Steve Fox of Hazleton, PA will in fact be in competition come Saturday in the Pocono ARCA 200. Fox, a part time driver in the series, has made several starts at Pocono, most recently behind the wheel of the Universe Racing/FireHouse Dodge Charger and it was recently announced that the team’s entry had been withdrawn from the event. That’s when Fox got the call from his friend, Wayne Peterson.

“I got my ARCA license in 2007”, noted Fox. “At the time no one at all was willing to put me in a racecar, that was until I spoke with Wayne Peterson, who I was going to drive for part time but the deal never materialized”.

This deal in sorts is a reunion. Fox and Peterson have been in touch since that initial phone call and even though Fox drives for another team now, he feels like this is a great opportunity to help give his sponsors some exposure, plus his fans want to seem him in competition.

“We had to withdraw the Universe Racing entry, which was a real bummer”, he said. “However, this still gives us the awesome opportunity to not only compete, but also to be around the ARCA scene, which is really important in motorsports today. I can’t thank Wayne and his bunch enough, they’re a great group of people”.

Menards Pole Qualifying for the Pocono ARCA 200 will kick off at 2:05 PM on Friday. The 200-mile race is slated for a 1:30 PM start on Saturday. The race can be viewed on SPEED TV at 8 PM on Saturday and can be heard live by visiting www.arcaracing.com.

For more information on Steve Fox and all of his usual team supporters, including Universe Towing and Autobody, FireHouse, AFR Productions, Tyre Shield, Valve Tech Sales LLC, Tri State Towing Equipment, Himmer Graphics, Weigand Combat Handguns, Alex’s Lemonade Stand, G-Force Racing Products, Long Island Skydiving, Eibach Springs and StockCar Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway, please visit www.universeracing.net

For more information in regards to Peterson Motorsports and all of their fine sponsors, visit www.petersonmotorsports.net.

Sponsorship and marketing opportunities can be directed to Tyler Jett Motorsports Marketing at www.tylerjett.com.