PDA

View Full Version : Richie Evans it's abot time!!!

Fast&Legal
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Richie is finally in the Nascar Hall of Fame

Mod Fever
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
It took them long enough to finally recognize the the best driver ever.

shep 06
06-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Now it is really a Hall of Fame. Best racecar driver I have ever seen, any series hands down.

phillie
06-14-2011, 04:58 PM
this is bar far and large the best induction to the Hall in my opinion. Way to go "Rapid Roman" :applause:

JWfor8x
06-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Now it is really a Hall of Fame. Best racecar driver I have ever seen, any series hands down.

I agree that Richie Evans is where he should be, in the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Is he the best racecar driver of any series that I have ever seen? I can't say that he is. I don't think that you can fairly compare the two, but Mario Andretti won in everything from midgets to stock cars, Indy cars and Formula One. To me, it really doesn't matter anyway. Richie Evans may not have done all of the things that some others did, but what he did do, he was great at. It's just too bad that he's not still around to enjoy it.

JW

Modifiedthunder
06-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Nice!!!!!

All I can say it's about time!!!!

The Bullfather
06-14-2011, 06:59 PM
About time? He made it in the 3rd class, 15 guys, come on, really? Not like we waited 20 years for this to happen. Think we are lucky to have him in the 3rd class when so many of the fore fathers of Nascar many never make it into the Hall of Fame. I am excited he made it in the 3rd round of drivers, this is huge! Think many minds had to be changed about Evans and what he accomplished, some people made a huge debate for Evans! Thank you who ever they !

Bob T. Racer
06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Richie was BY FAR the GREATEST modified driver i ever watched race! Congrats to the Evans family. If there's beer in heaven, i'm sure he has a beer in hand with a smile on his face. The King of modifieds still lives in our memories. We still miss ya!

Chris
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
well this calls for a champagne toast!!!!!!:cheers:

modfan4ever
06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll toast to that..The king of modifieds.....Congrats Richie..you should have been there the first time around when they opened it....

ModTourMan
06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Congrats to NASCAR for getting it right and getting Richie Evans in as one of the earlier inductees!

ModTourMan
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
About time? He made it in the 3rd class, 15 guys, come on, really? Not like we waited 20 years for this to happen. Think we are lucky to have him in the 3rd class when so many of the fore fathers of Nascar many never make it into the Hall of Fame. I am excited he made it in the 3rd round of drivers, this is huge! Think many minds had to be changed about Evans and what he accomplished, some people made a huge debate for Evans! Thank you who ever they !

Well said Peter. I agree totally!

stoningtonmodmania
06-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Congrats Richie...

fastbackss
06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
This is tremendous - the funny thing is that I had a sneaking suspicion he was going to get in with this class. So I listened to most of the coverage today, and hardly anyone mentioned him. I listened to the announcement live and then just pounded the steering wheel in pride that he got his deserved accolades. It was a tremendous day.

Brian France came on later and said that there was a reasonable push to expand to the "not just Cup" hall of fame. He also said it would take some serious statistics for other short trackers to get in. Glad Richie was first...I can't wait to listen to some of the ignorant fans on Sirius blast this choice while I smile.

MJProcko
06-15-2011, 04:36 AM
It's about time Richie Evans got in!!!!! If you look up the word racer in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of a orange #61 modified, there is no need for any other definition.

It may take another decade or so but lets hope we won't have to wait that long for Eddie Flemke to get in.....

shep 06
06-15-2011, 05:18 AM
What I meant was in each drivers particular series.

BChat
06-15-2011, 06:08 AM
It's about time Richie Evans got in!!!!! If you look up the word racer in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of a orange #61 modified, there is no need for any other definition.

It may take another decade or so but lets hope we won't have to wait that long for Eddie Flemke to get in.....

I agree on both statements.

mattphoto
06-15-2011, 03:09 PM
very thrilled to hear he will be inducted into the NASCAR Hall Of Fame. He deserves it.

JWfor8x
06-15-2011, 03:25 PM

I think you have gotten it 100% right.
It's unfortunate, but there are a lot of people who don't want to give credit to anyone who doesn't race or did not race in the top series. I have no gripe at all about Richie making it in the 3'rd class. I have a big time gripe with those who are so small minded not to want him in only because he drove a modified. I guess they think that accomplishments don't count if they weren't done in a cup car. What I think is kind of sad/funny is that he had already been enshrined in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. I just wish he could be here to enjoy it.

BobG
06-15-2011, 04:15 PM
It is not the Hall of Fame without Richie Evans in it!! He deserves it!

csammy
06-15-2011, 07:11 PM
yes its great richie got in if you read aarn and earnie saxtons collum mr saxton has been pushing for evans to be inducted maybe because of his efforts richie got in and i just sent mr saxton a thank you note for his efforts

Chris
06-15-2011, 07:52 PM
an excerpt from his International Motorsports Hall of Fame listing.
" It became a way of life far Evans, and winning eight consecutive U.S. championships remains one of the supreme accomplishments in motorsports"

Goldy
06-16-2011, 09:26 AM
It's a great day.. I'm somewhat surprised that he got in without years of waiting and fan dismay..

Sometimes the powers that be get it right - well done!!

Here's the trophy Rich... (http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=145970&size=big&cat=)

TMAC
06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I got to thinking about who on the board would give a vote for Richie Evans to get into Hall of Fame.So after looking at who was on board,pretty impressive.So i am thinking[hopefully some good guessing] these people just might have voted him in.Here we go...THE! owners of Riverhead Raceway Jim and Barbara Cromarty,Doc Mattioli[pocono],Clay Cambell[matinsville],Jerry Punch,Good ole! Ernie Saxton,Mike Joy,Dave Moody[sirius radio no doubt!],Tom Higgins,Bud Moore and the man of motorsports Chris Economacki.Thought also maybe Tony George.

BOWATCHER
06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Justice has been served. Still the most exciting race of any CUP weekend.

LiquidBread
06-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Now it really is a hall of fame. As much as many of us bash the suits in Florida, they for sure got this one right.