PDA

View Full Version : 6/18 highlights

BIGDADDY64
06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
gsp has video highlites from the nite race up on his site

Danger83Ranger
06-19-2011, 06:12 PM
not to be a bad pickle in the barrel, but i see the #2 car did not have a window net, (or im just blind). one race last season my window net fell down on me and joe promptly talked me to the infield to put it back up. i believe the rules are must have a window net to pass pre race inspection and black flag will be given if window net falls down during race. were the rules different for this event since it was not a sunday points race?

also, i think these saturday nights will do good for the series. a lot of the crowd stuck around, the drivers put on a good show. i think this will bring in some more fans to the sunday shows.

here is the link for garys highlights http://gspvideo.com/2011/06/grandview-speedway-june-18-2011/#more-1366

just watched again, the #2 had a yellow window net when he spun out early in the race, towards the end there was no window net. im assuming it fell down. same situation that I was in previously.

also, that one cars hood seemed to fly up pretty easily at the beginning of the race. from my experience with teching the previous season, i believe it should be more thorough. to be honest, i wouldnt have passed my truck for the first half of the season...lol

jag
06-19-2011, 07:37 PM
You beat me to it Mike,I was wondering the same thing about the window net.The Pill was flagged last year when his dropped,all in all it was a good night Hopefully we can get some of them to show up sundays. You did good Joe.

RICK16RACIN
06-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Well there was only 2 of us working last night and i didnt notice his net !!!! and as far as the hood and me teching the cars , i cant see where its my responsability to put his hood pins in ???? maybe he hit someone in the beginning and it broke something ???? who knows ???? and speaking of your truck where is it !!! and why arent you racing ???? us truck drivers need to stick it to the car guys !!!!! i loved racing against the cars !!!!

punchy
06-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Seemed like a good turn out Joe. Lots of people stayed in the stands for the enduro! So eat that Ernie! :lol: Maybe we will have some new spectators next month. The crowd had lots of oooohhhs and aahhhhhs at the hood flying up, spin outs and the big puffs of smoke. Little do they know....alot more water, cars and laps adds to the excitement! Ashame the Rogers wont reschedule the 4cyl race....... maybe they should reconsider!

tbirdracer
06-19-2011, 09:30 PM
it looks like the 2 was the old 25. jmo:lol:

Danger83Ranger
06-19-2011, 11:17 PM
im just pullin your nads rick...lol. i decided to let my dad race this years opening event. i think around lap 12 he put it into the turn 4 wall pretty hard. rad was pushed into the motor. i could have fixed it with a torch and welder but decided i couldnt afford to race anyways since i am once again unemployed with zero income. junked the truck, kept wheels, tires and kirkey seat and called it a season...lol

Danger83Ranger
06-19-2011, 11:20 PM
You beat me to it Mike,I was wondering the same thing about the window net.The Pill was flagged last year when his dropped,all in all it was a good night Hopefully we can get some of them to show up sundays. You did good Joe.

to be honest, i wouldnt need a black flag for such an incident. if my window net fell down again, id pull off right away. ive seen some freak accidents in racing and wouldnt want to see them happen anymore than they do

Philter39
06-19-2011, 11:25 PM
car 195 forgot to put his pins in.They were not broken. He will not do that again.the #2 & #25 are 2 diff cars. And it was a great advertisement for the NEETS series. # 83 Monday morning coaching. 2 officials can not see all. Also just back from BD great run and win for Steve Wilson #15. Me 8th. And can you believe Linsey turned a faster lap time than me I did in the Honda at BD.. It sure is nice to come home from the races and look at your Mylaps times from that day.
phil

CJfilms
06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
As for the net......I personally checked every car when they were staged....something may have been not latched all the way or it came loose when he spun, but I can assure you it WAS up.....in fact...

http://news.southjerseydirtracing.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ForumID=121&Page=1&MsgID=31900

First image.....#2, net up....

It was a GREAT night, LOTS of people asking about our cars and races....purse too.... I still can't get over the fact that the crowd stuck around....and I mean A LOT of the crowd, not just the enduro fans and drivers in the stands!

The 27 drivers put on a heck of a good show, VERY clean racing and minimal destruction....this is the kind of show that will live on and I congratulate EVERY driver who competed! A job well done!

A special congrats to Pat Hires who nearly didn't make it...for several reasons! First off, he was 7th on the waiting list...a number of drivers had to pull out, some at the last minute. When we first got to the speedway, Big Daddy noted that Scott Schaeffer wasn't going to be able to make it there....next on the list was #37 of Joe Farley (who came with Bid Daddy)...he said his car wasn't ready and it would have taken too long to drive home, prep and load and drive back. Pat was next up and the call went out! He had to drop what he was doing (re-siding his house!) and load up the car and rush up to the Hill... He made it all the way to the Quakertown exit off the turnpike where he blew a tire...on the trailer. Thanks go out to Howie Bott and Bob Kulik for lending out spares and tools as Tech inspector Rick Collins (who was the only person with a car there) flew out to help him.... Arriving shortly before the Late Model feature, Pat unloaded and got ready to race! And what a race it was!!! Congrats and thanks Pat, you started racing at 5 PM and finished in front!

Erin C
06-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I just wanted to take a moment to say how much FUN I had on Saturday...this was the first time in YEARS I was able to just hang out in the pits and just walk around (well, in my case gimp around), talk to people, and just enjoy myself! The racing was AWESOME, the crowd stayed, and we got compliments from SO MANY people who were not already involved with the series. I want to personally thank all the drivers for good clean racing and putting on a great show for the crowd!!! You guys are amazing and I can't wait for another one!

Here's hoping we can get the small car race rescheduled after showing them what we can do!!!

Poppop
06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
:wave:I'm ready for it! The purple and orange #47 survived Big D so it can run a Saturday race too.:cheers:

Poppop

glassmanjtf
06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
as for the net......i personally checked every car when they were staged....something may have been not latched all the way or it came loose when he spun, but i can assure you it was up.....in fact...

http://news.southjerseydirtracing.com/photogallery.asp?forumid=121&page=1&msgid=31900

first image.....#2, net up....

It was a great night, lots of people asking about our cars and races....purse too.... I still can't get over the fact that the crowd stuck around....and i mean a lot of the crowd, not just the enduro fans and drivers in the stands!

The 27 drivers put on a heck of a good show, very clean racing and minimal destruction....this is the kind of show that will live on and i congratulate every driver who competed! A job well done!

A special congrats to pat hires who nearly didn't make it...for several reasons! First off, he was 7th on the waiting list...a number of drivers had to pull out, some at the last minute. When we first got to the speedway, big daddy noted that scott schaeffer wasn't going to be able to make it there....next on the list was #37 of joe farley (who came with bid daddy)...he said his car wasn't ready and it would have taken too long to drive home, prep and load and drive back. Pat was next up and the call went out! He had to drop what he was doing (re-siding his house!) and load up the car and rush up to the hill... He made it all the way to the quakertown exit off the turnpike where he blew a tire...on the trailer. Thanks go out to howie bott and bob kulik for lending out spares and tools as tech inspector rick collins (who was the only person with a car there) flew out to help him.... Arriving shortly before the late model feature, pat unloaded and got ready to race! And what a race it was!!! Congrats and thanks pat, you started racing at 5 pm and finished in front!

i guess i misunderstood i wanted so badly to race but thought that if i went to our race shop to get a trailor and back to my house for the car i had to sit in the parking lot to find out if i could race

69racing
06-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Great job by the big cars...they put on an outstanding show. I was sitting on the frontstretch and watched the crowd after the modified feature. I say less than 50 people got up to leave. The crowd stayed and they looked like they truly enjoyed themselves. I HOPE the Rogers family saw all of this and consider allowing the small cars their opportunity like they rightfully deserve. Let's start a petition...LET THE SMALL CARS RUN A SATURDAY NIGHT RACE!!!! PLEASE? ;)