PDA

View Full Version : Monadnock WMT Race PPD

MOD11RACER
06-24-2011, 10:09 AM
The WMT race @ Monadnock has been PPD to Sunday 6/26/2011. Practice from 12:00 to 1:00 with time trials @ 2:00 pm.

NWMT PR
06-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Here's a direct link to the updated schedule: http://tinyurl.com/6g6xftp

Sunday looks perfect, sunny and 76.

mattphoto
06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
I will def be there Sunday

limodmaniac
06-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Might be able to do the stafford to Riverhead to monadnock run! Does anyone know if Riverhead is using Sunday, July 31 as a rain date?

bud
06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't complain a lot but..... u think the tour flagman coulda been a little more with it? Didn't have the energy to wave the flag during time trials. Missed the checkered about 5 times during time trials....started motors with ten drivers left to introduce. And once again cheated the fans out of 25 laps of racing...... don't Freakin call it a 200 say what it is.....175 if that all ur gonna run! Maybe hire an announcer to go with the tour.....VMRS can afford one. Oh and another exciting dice upfront. News flash....cup nationwide and trucks all make pitstops. Mods don't have to...thus boring one guy leads all the laps races. Congrats to Todd and Justin good runs for both.! What's the point lof paying that flagman anyway....lol

BigMac
06-26-2011, 09:02 PM
By my math, the last lead change on the tour was lap 135 of the Sizzler. Only two passes total on that day. The last two winners have gone wire to wire. Eliminating the redraw sounded good a few months ago. Nascar might want to look at it again. 2 lead changes in 3 races is not good. None during the last 2 races.

Good win for the 2 team. They ran 3 features up there early this month. Looks like their hard work paid off.

Sicklajoie
06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
The racing was pretty good today.
I agree with the 175 vs 200 laps issue...what was up with that?
It's pretty frustrating though, that NASCAR has made it so expensive and difficult for a regular Monadnock team to try and qualify for the race. I would've loved to have seen Kirk Alexander race today.
And announcer Dave Sutherland gets an attaboy today. Did all the announcing by himself today, plus running down to the track to do the top 3 interviews for all the races, too.

uticamike
06-26-2011, 10:38 PM
When did they announce they were shorting the show? Must have been the weekend for it. Dunn Tire had a 50 lapper on the card but shortened it

to 35. Told the teams after the heats just before they were slated to go out for the feature. Lots of Po'd Mod guys. Doesn't seem so bad if the

"premier" series is doing it too.

RGeeProductions
06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't complain a lot but..... u think the tour flagman coulda been a little more with it? Didn't have the energy to wave the flag during time trials. Missed the checkered about 5 times during time trials....started motors with ten drivers left to introduce. And once again cheated the fans out of 25 laps of racing...... don't Freakin call it a 200 say what it is.....175 if that all ur gonna run! Maybe hire an announcer to go with the tour.....VMRS can afford one. Oh and another exciting dice upfront. News flash....cup nationwide and trucks all make pitstops. Mods don't have to...thus boring one guy leads all the laps races. Congrats to Todd and Justin good runs for both.! What's the point lof paying that flagman anyway....lol

Just a note on the '200'. The race was to be time trials, 16 making the field, then a 25 lap consi and a 175 feature.
Being they did not have more cars then what was to start the race, the consi/heat race was canned.
Either way, the race was to be a 175, so really, no one was ripped of anything but a consi/heat, which was a fair deal to those who did not make time.

Bob T. Racer
06-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey Richie, maybe you can explain this to me. How did cars that lost a lap in the pits under yellow, wind up on the lead lap? Didn't you guys have transponders on? I watched Coby go a lap down and on the finishing order i see he's on the lead lap. I also thought Santos lost a lap.

Howie
06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I think I saw Coby get a "lucky dog".

RGeeProductions
06-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Richie, maybe you can explain this to me. How did cars that lost a lap in the pits under yellow, wind up on the lead lap? Didn't you guys have transponders on? I watched Coby go a lap down and on the finishing order i see he's on the lead lap. I also thought Santos lost a lap.

Not a NASCAR official, as you know. Can't tell ya that one.
I, for the first time this year, actually didn't see much on the track, except the first 25 laps, as I was in the pits as a jackman.

RGeeProductions
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I think I saw Coby get a "lucky dog".

I do think I remember our spotter stating that Howie.

MJProcko
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
As someone who posted before that the WMT races were not long enough to get rid of the redraw I'm not suprised by the racing thus far. Infact there has not been much passing for the lead in any of the 4 mod series. (tires)

But that is not what concerns me most. I find it sad that the WMT goes to a NASCAR sanctioned track where the same cars are racing weekly and none of them attempt to make the race. That is just sad. Scheduling a weekly race for the day was not the best way to help on Monadnocks part but I don't think it would have mattered anyways. My guess is that the cost of the extra WMT license as the main culprit. I find the fact that these teams have already joined NASCAR, own NASCAR licenses for the weekly series are forced to now buy another license to participate in the WMT. I think the cost is $225 (please correct me if I am wrong) per license well that could be 1000 or more per team. if you figure maybe 45 cars averaging 7 licenses per team thats around $70,000 to NASCAR at the expense of putting the best 'product on the track. NASCAR paid out $72,000 this weekend to PJ Jones for a park and start this weekend so I don;t see this as a big deal for NASCAR to do without. This not only cheats the WMT but cheats the fans and reflects on NASCAR.

If NASCAR was smart IMO, I would wave the WMT license if they already have a NASCAR license. This in not the big three where the coproate race teams pay for everything these are working men and women and in case they haven't noticed we are in a recession. Ofcourse I don't expect NASCAR to go this route afterall this is a business, I respect that. If NSACAR would allow the option to add the WMT to the regular NASCAR license for $25 then they would get alot more people involved in WMT racing. More people involved means more money in the NASCAR piggybank. Participation is first step to getting people to sample your product, once you have them involved, your product should be able to sell them on staying. Now I surely don't claim have all the details of what goes on behind the scenes on either end but I think its a good place to start.

PS
if losing the 70k or so upfront for the licenses seems like to much of a risk instead of investing it into the future of the WMT just park PJ Jones before the green and save the money there.... :-)

bud
06-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Well I sure hope the VMRS doesnt. decide to one day include heats hot laps and practice into the "100" they run.....lol. won't be long chad will somehow add travel time too. If u advertise 200 then run it whether in the qualifying or feature but run the laps. My comment wasn't against Dave but they might have more respect for their own announcer.... what was the hurry at that point? Were they hungry or something or NASCAR doesn't pay ot?. The track and fans deserve more!

Racerjoe
06-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Its not only the license's but to make the car Nascar legal cost $$$$$$$$$. Monadnock like Star has adopted the VMRS rules almost to a "T", minus the tires. For me it would mean installing 18* engine, change body, enclose MSD box, double up tethers, change off sets, Move Fire system, move lead to change left side weight... and I'm sure I am missing much more... Nothing money cant buy.

AraceAday
06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Well I sure hope the VMRS doesnt. decide to one day include heats hot laps and practice into the "100" they run.....lol. won't be long chad will somehow add travel time too. If u advertise 200 then run it whether in the qualifying or feature but run the laps. My comment wasn't against Dave but they might have more respect for their own announcer.... what was the hurry at that point? Were they hungry or something or NASCAR doesn't pay ot?. The track and fans deserve more!

So you would rather make the underpaid and underfunded teams pay money for tires and fuel to run a 25 laps consi that doesn't even matter? Cars would have likely gotten damaged and would have added time to the night. NASCAR did the right thing by helping their competitors.:applause:

bud
06-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Did they expect to run those laps????? Did the fans expect to see them???? You have no confidence in the drivers abilities........???? Ok NASCAR made the right call.....lol. maybe we need to cut practice back to 30 mins too......god are you chad? Actually maybe we should just base the payout on time trials and eliminate the 200 altogether! No passes for the lead anyway.

JWfor8x
06-28-2011, 12:51 PM
So you would rather make the underpaid and underfunded teams pay money for tires and fuel to run a 25 laps consi that doesn't even matter? Cars would have likely gotten damaged and would have added time to the night. NASCAR did the right thing by helping their competitors.:applause:

They could always advertise it as a 175 lap feature with a 25 lap consolation race to be run if needed. Just a thought.

JW

BigMac
06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Just advertise it as 175 lap feature. Plain and simple. Is someone not going to attend because its 175 and not 200 laps? I doubt it. Sometimes Nascar gets too cute with their ideas. The consi idea was crazy to begin with. They have had short fields at almost every race this season.

MXCHAMP04
06-28-2011, 09:07 PM
As someone who posted before that the WMT races were not long enough to get rid of the redraw I'm not suprised by the racing thus far. Infact there has not been much passing for the lead in any of the 4 mod series. (tires)

But that is not what concerns me most. I find it sad that the WMT goes to a NASCAR sanctioned track where the same cars are racing weekly and none of them attempt to make the race. That is just sad. Scheduling a weekly race for the day was not the best way to help on Monadnocks part but I don't think it would have mattered anyways. My guess is that the cost of the extra WMT license as the main culprit. I find the fact that these teams have already joined NASCAR, own NASCAR licenses for the weekly series are forced to now buy another license to participate in the WMT. I think the cost is $225 (please correct me if I am wrong) per license well that could be 1000 or more per team. if you figure maybe 45 cars averaging 7 licenses per team thats around $70,000 to NASCAR at the expense of putting the best 'product on the track. NASCAR paid out $72,000 this weekend to PJ Jones for a park and start this weekend so I don;t see this as a big deal for NASCAR to do without. This not only cheats the WMT but cheats the fans and reflects on NASCAR.

If NASCAR was smart IMO, I would wave the WMT license if they already have a NASCAR license. This in not the big three where the coproate race teams pay for everything these are working men and women and in case they haven't noticed we are in a recession. Ofcourse I don't expect NASCAR to go this route afterall this is a business, I respect that. If NSACAR would allow the option to add the WMT to the regular NASCAR license for $25 then they would get alot more people involved in WMT racing. More people involved means more money in the NASCAR piggybank. Participation is first step to getting people to sample your product, once you have them involved, your product should be able to sell them on staying. Now I surely don't claim have all the details of what goes on behind the scenes on either end but I think its a good place to start.

PS
if losing the 70k or so upfront for the licenses seems like to much of a risk instead of investing it into the future of the WMT just park PJ Jones before the green and save the money there.... :-)I agree with you 100%. And once again no response from those who could maybe explain things. And seeing people run away with the race from the pole is getting boring. I will give it one more shot at Thompson thursday, but if i don't see some racing this time, I probably won't be going to too many WMT races, and just stick to VMRS.

Magicshoes12
06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Here are my wonderful thoughts on the race.

Going into Monadnock I knew it was a 175 lap Feature. Was I upset they canned the consi? No, 25 laps didn't make or break the deal. So I was good with the 175 as it was always bill as for the feature.

Next, As far as the leader leading wire to wire, Give credit to where credit is due. Szegedy was up there the weekend before for the twin 25 lap tour type races. He came up so he wouldn't have a repeat of last year. He got his practice in and dominated, can you complain about that? The only other guy who was up there the weekend before with Todd was Richie Pallai. Eric Goodale and Pennink have been there earlier in the year with the VMRS. To me its like a football player watch film on the other deal, and that's what Todd did.
Also, its not like Todd led every lap at Stafford and then Monadnock, sure it was two races in a row that two guys lead every lap in their respected win, but I didn't see anyone complaining about Steffy leading Wire to Wire in his win at Thompson in the last VMRS race. This really isn't a very common occurrence. Take a look at this from Nascar Home Tracks.com
"The last two races have been won flag-to-flag by Ron Silk and Todd Szegedy. The last time that happened was by Jeff Fuller at Martinsville Speedway (4/28/90) and at Stafford Motor Speedway (5/25/90), and just the third time since 1989 when lap leaders started to be recorded consistently."

My last point is, it seems to me that everyone (including me time to time) just harps on all of the negative most of the time, how about some positive talk about the WMT, I thought the Monadnock race was pretty good, How come no talks about Bobby Santos going a lap down? He didn't look very good, sitting 8th in points, does he still have a chance?? Or how about seeing Andy Seuss in a northern race, kind of a shocker qualifying 3rd! I thought that Stefanik, Christopher, Yuhas, and Pennink were have a great side by side battle for about 50 laps! Did anyone else see any of that?

See you all at Thompson!

MXCHAMP04
06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Here are my wonderful thoughts on the race.

Going into Monadnock I knew it was a 175 lap Feature. Was I upset they canned the consi? No, 25 laps didn't make or break the deal. So I was good with the 175 as it was always bill as for the feature.

Next, As far as the leader leading wire to wire, Give credit to where credit is due. Szegedy was up there the weekend before for the twin 25 lap tour type races. He came up so he wouldn't have a repeat of last year. He got his practice in and dominated, can you complain about that? The only other guy who was up there the weekend before with Todd was Richie Pallai. Eric Goodale and Pennink have been there earlier in the year with the VMRS. To me its like a football player watch film on the other deal, and that's what Todd did.
Also, its not like Todd led every lap at Stafford and then Monadnock, sure it was two races in a row that two guys lead every lap in their respected win, but I didn't see anyone complaining about Steffy leading Wire to Wire in his win at Thompson in the last VMRS race. This really isn't a very common occurrence. Take a look at this from Nascar Home Tracks.com
"The last two races have been won flag-to-flag by Ron Silk and Todd Szegedy. The last time that happened was by Jeff Fuller at Martinsville Speedway (4/28/90) and at Stafford Motor Speedway (5/25/90), and just the third time since 1989 when lap leaders started to be recorded consistently."

My last point is, it seems to me that everyone (including me time to time) just harps on all of the negative most of the time, how about some positive talk about the WMT, I thought the Monadnock race was pretty good, How come no talks about Bobby Santos going a lap down? He didn't look very good, sitting 8th in points, does he still have a chance?? Or how about seeing Andy Seuss in a northern race, kind of a shocker qualifying 3rd! I thought that Stefanik, Christopher, Yuhas, and Pennink were have a great side by side battle for about 50 laps! Did anyone else see any of that?

See you all at Thompson!I agree. Mad props to the whole #2 team. They went there early. Did their homework and it paid off. I wonder why other teams didn't do the same thing. Maybe the #4 team should have done the same. And look at Yuhas, he gave a lot of credit to Kirk Alexander for helping him with the car and track. That's what they all should have been doing, going to a guy who basically owns that track as far as wins and got advice.

NWMT PR
06-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey Guys,
A couple of things here:

1. The whole 175 vs. 200 thing ... I understand your point of view. It can be misleading. However, I've been as explicitly clear as I can be about it in my pre-race materials, and this is the third year we've had similar race names. The race names are established by the track with the approval from NASCAR. That said, I will provide feedback for future events about the confusion for fans.

2. In regard to the flag-to-flag leaders, this is not something new. Time will tell if it plays out more this season than in years past, but I scanned every race report from 1989 to present this week and found that it has happened on average about once a year. Some years it didn't happen at all, others it happened two or three times.

We looked at the historical data before changing the the starting lineup procedure and compared races that had the re-draw vs. races that did not use a re-draw. The numbers were virtually identical - decimal points off - in regard to things like lead changes and starting position vs. finishing position. But I'll leave it up to you all for a healthy debate about which is better.

It's beautiful at Thompson today, I hope you make it out.

Thanks for the continued support.

MXCHAMP04
06-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Hey Guys,
A couple of things here:

1. The whole 175 vs. 200 thing ... I understand your point of view. It can be misleading. However, I've been as explicitly clear as I can be about it in my pre-race materials, and this is the third year we've had similar race names. The race names are established by the track with the approval from NASCAR. That said, I will provide feedback for future events about the confusion for fans.

2. In regard to the flag-to-flag leaders, this is not something new. Time will tell if it plays out more this season than in years past, but I scanned every race report from 1989 to present this week and found that it has happened on average about once a year. Some years it didn't happen at all, others it happened two or three times.

We looked at the historical data before changing the the starting lineup procedure and compared races that had the re-draw vs. races that did not use a re-draw. The numbers were virtually identical - decimal points off - in regard to things like lead changes and starting position vs. finishing position. But I'll leave it up to you all for a healthy debate about which is better.

Thanks for the continued support.Thanks for the input. Why did they scrub the 25 lap heats though? I was always aware that the main event was 175 laps, but was really looking forward to the 25 lap heat races. It's just me I guess, I like heat races a lot more than time trials.

MJProcko
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey Guys,
A couple of things here:

Thanks for the continued support.

I was hoping you would take time to comment on here, thank you, unfortunately it was not to anything I had posted. So maybe I can ask you directly on your thoughts regarding the cost of the WMT license to someone lookig to attempt a WMT race at their home track, especially when these drivers, owners and pit crew mewmbers already own a valid NASCAR license to compete weekly? I am not looking to bash or insult you or NASCAR but I am looking for ways to help keep the best short track racing series in America accessible to the folks that keep NASCAR short track alive week in and week out.

Thanks

NWMT PR
07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I was hoping you would take time to comment on here, thank you, unfortunately it was not to anything I had posted. So maybe I can ask you directly on your thoughts regarding the cost of the WMT license to someone lookig to attempt a WMT race at their home track, especially when these drivers, owners and pit crew mewmbers already own a valid NASCAR license to compete weekly? I am not looking to bash or insult you or NASCAR but I am looking for ways to help keep the best short track racing series in America accessible to the folks that keep NASCAR short track alive week in and week out.

Thanks

I know that there have been suggestions similar to yours. Unfortunately, I do not have any insight as far as licenses and fees.

We've had local drivers run with the Tour in my four years, so I know that its not uncommon. We always have a handful of Riverhead drivers enter the Tour race and I can remember a few at Spencer. Again, I have little insight into the costs involved, but it is my general understanding that the challenge for weekly guys to run the Tour race has more to do with modifications to the cars than the acutal licenses fees.

I would agree that if there are steps to be taken to minimize the hurdles of weekly guys wanting to run the Tour race, it would be beneficial to consider.

MOD11RACER
07-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I just wanted to say a Big Thank You to NWMT PR for commenting on the post and hopefully anserwing some of the questions on the board. It's good to see.

MJProcko
07-13-2011, 02:22 AM
Thank you for responding NWMT PR