PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Late Models?

DriveitinDeep
06-27-2011, 09:19 AM
what happened to all the cars that were supposedly going to be racing this year?

22,75,28,37. and the list goes on.

The Bullfather
06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Let me answer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, as you know Late Models or any division is going to cost money and a LM is not a cheap division! Think we've done pretty good so far this year, with economy the way it is and it's not going to get any better any time soon with the holes we keep digging.

nflobster
06-27-2011, 10:17 AM
parked due to the economy. because if you win you still loose money by racing. if you win and have the chance to break even or at least pay for tires i would think more would come. not every body has a good job or sponsers. they take what they can get and make due. and after all of that there is the officating

Jeff T
06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
The 30 was also missing this week. I know that there was a problem a few weeks ago in the Chargers where someone wasn't happy. I hope that this is not the reason why they are not racing their Late Model.

citrusfire
06-30-2011, 11:29 AM
The 30 was also missing this week. I know that there was a problem a few weeks ago in the Chargers where someone wasn't happy. I hope that this is not the reason why they are not racing their Late Model.

Yeah, they had some issues. There were some issues on the forum also but the truth is that it has absolutely nothing to do with any of their fellow competitors. After speaking with them they have decided to go elsewhere. There was a bit of anger with what happened on the track but that lasted about 3 minutes. The problem they had was what happened after they changed the flat tire - but honestly, it is pointless to even talk about because it is not only them that it happens to.

racecar24
07-01-2011, 09:57 AM
what about the 97? he was out for practice one week when the lm's didnt run and hasnt come out for a feature this year:confused:

Jeff T
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
So would it be safe to say that Riverhead lost another race team due to officating problems? If so, it's a shame because they are some of the nicest people in the pit area and I always like chatting with the Miller's at the track.

An Observer
07-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Let me answer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, as you know Late Models or any division is going to cost money and a LM is not a cheap division! Think we've done pretty good so far this year, with economy the way it is and it's not going to get any better any time soon with the holes we keep digging.

And there you have it!:disgusted

WEEZER
07-03-2011, 10:25 PM
What gets me is that a guy who lives in East Islip with a LM drives 3 and a half hours to race at Mountain rather then 45 minutes and race at Riverhead. I'm sure theres a good reason, hopefully not because of politix with Riverhead.
What I don't get is why Mountain Speedway and Mahoning promoters do'nt race on alternating nights. Each track gets maybe 12/13 LM's each race, why don't they run opposite nites and let the teams run both tracks if they choose???

nflobster
07-04-2011, 07:41 AM
i think mountains purse is more than riverheads and they have a points fund. also a 13 car avg is better than riverheads 11 car avg.

DriveitinDeep
07-04-2011, 10:13 AM
I beg to differ on the Late Model Count. 11 car average?? Not this year. We have had 14 cars for every show so far. Now, that 14 car car count has come with different cars in the mix for the race nights so far. If they all show up on same night, we would have 17 cars. Not to shabby.
If you check the Mountain finishes, you will see that they are averaging the 11 cars that was claimed to be the Riverhead average.
Why do some cars go to Mountain instead of RR? One of course is the purse. Two is, is the competition. With more quality cars at RR, it is harder to have a top finish. I like Mountain and would not be over critical of them, but even their promoter has said they have only 3 quality LM's that race every week.
Three, issues at RR could definitely make cars leave the Island. It would be nice if local cars would stay at home but it would seem that some feel they are treated better elsewhere.
That will always be an issue with some and will go on forever no matter who are making the calls

citrusfire
07-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Maybe it is worth driving the extra distance to go out to mountain. Went out there the last 3 weekends just to watch and it is a different atmosphere. There is a lot less beating and banging and they all seem to show some respect for each other. If involved in an incident they put themselves right in the back -- no arguing or showmanship. Maybe it is the purse or just the desire to go out and run a clean race. You get your chance each week with an initial heat race and then your feature race. The pits were very laid back , no drama, and after each race you saw some of the teams pack up and leave. It seems like it is a group of drivers who are only interested in showing up, working on the car and getting out and there and racing. In three weeks I have only seen one car sustain damage where it couldn't continue. Maybe it is the purse, maybe it is the enjoyment of being able to race without worrying about who is behind you - but maybe it is worth spending a couple of extra dollars in gas knowing that when you are done you can put your car back in the trailer in one piece........

WEEZER
07-04-2011, 08:20 PM
In all fairness to Riverhead, racing at Mountain does have less carnage but it's also a hell of a lot bigger too!!! Yes it is an awesome environment with the scenery and **** and fun to race on as a bigger track but personally, I can't handle driving off the island more then once a month.

Golf Guy
07-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I beg to diver on the Late Model Count. 11 car average?? Not this year. We have had 14 cars for every show so far. Now, that 14 car car count has come with different cars in the mix for the race nights so far. If they all show up on same night, we would have 17 cars. Not to shabby.
If you check the Mountain finishes, you will see that they are averaging the 11 cars that was claimed to be the Riverhead average.
Why do some cars go to Mountain instead of RR? One of course is the purse. Two is, is the competition. With more quality cars at RR, it is harder to have a top finish. I like Mountain and would not be over critical of them, but even their promoter has said they have only 3 quality LM's that race every week.
Three, issues at RR could definitely make cars leave the Island. It would be nice if local cars would stay at home but it would seem that some feel they are treated better elsewhere.
That will always be an issue with some and will go on forever no matter who are making the calls

Rog I agree with you. Not happy with the way they are treated. Are we racing or playing tiddly winks. Where have all the hard core racers gone... I really am so tired of the mamby camby attidude. Riverhead will be and always has been what you make of it.