PDA

View Full Version : Firecracker Smacker is on today!!!!!

CJfilms
07-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Whether the weather is bugging you or not, looks like a few passing storms early today and a 40% chance scattered this afternoon......should be a good day for some naturally wet track racing!

Remember, big cars are up first.....no vintage mods....slingers are running their entire show before we race......big cars will line up between their heats and features.

We have almost 70 cars registered now after a few phone calls last evening, so today is going to be full of some very exciting 1 1/2 points racing!!!!!!!!

See you there!!!!

Poppop
07-03-2011, 07:45 PM
:)I had a great time today even if I did get broken befor the end of the race. Thanks a lot to the guys that changed the flat for me, I know it was a brutally hot job.:applause: ALMOST everybody raced very clean, and thanks Joe for letting the ones that were pushing the limits know that it would cost them in the end.:cheers:

Poppop

69racing
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I think I got the first warning of the day when I rubbed my best friend #99 coming out of turn 4. I caught the berm next to the guardrail and was got it on 3 wheels & I heard Joe say "watch the rough riding guys."

neetsfan
07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
"ALMOST everybody raced very clean, and thanks Joe for letting the ones that were pushing the limits know that it would cost them in the end"

I assume you are talking about Bentley Jr who was robbed of the race win for apparent "rough riding"? I have raced against Dave Jr in other series/tracks and I can assure you that he is one of the cleanest drivers out there. Sitting in the stands today I was amazed that he was given a drive through penalty for barely touching the rear bumpers of a couple lapped cars (yes I admit it did appear he "moved" a couple lapped cars out the way but it only pushed them wide, did not put them in the wall or otherwise spin/wreck them). Its an enduro, accidental contact does happen, especially when its dusty/sunny and visibility is restricted. I've seen other drivers at Grandview purposely spin/wreck others and get away without any kind of penalty, Dave does not race like this and yet he was robbed of a win today from what looked like a hard, determined, but fair drive. Not a good decision from the officials at all I'm afraid but don't worry Dave will be back even better than ever next time and will get that win he deserved today.

Danger83Ranger
07-03-2011, 11:15 PM
the bentelys have been racing with neets for quite some time now and are veru aware of the rules as much as the rest of us. joe, erin, matt, rick and the rest of the neets officials are very leniant and nice people. if they handed out a penalty to dave, who is a nice guy and keeps his driving clean, than clearly there was an issue with his driving. i being a consitant lapped car last season, understand how aggrevated we can be to the leaders, but like u said, this is an enduro series. there is no need for rubbing nor pushing lap cars to a different groove. the idea is to adapt to your surroundings, and be there at the end. he was not robbed of the win, he gave the win away. not a bad call what soever. we will see him in victory lane in the future, so lets chill and accept it