PDA

View Full Version : New Speedbowl Documentary webisode

sid
07-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Well, since the Speedbowl has the week off, I figured it'd be a good time to release a new documentary nuggets webisode. Once again it features interviews with Pete Zanardi, John Brouwer and Don Benvenuti. Also features pics from the Vault and Dave Dykes' collections. New for this one is some vintage footage from the early 60's that is really cool - thanks to KGM video for supplying us with this great video archive. Here's the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvOZY4jBmo

This episode spans the 1950's into the early 60's with the crafty veterans talking about the ol' Non-Ford division, the Powder Puff Derbies, home built cars, Midget races and much more!

Next up is an interview with 2-time Daredevil Champion Bill Sweet in a couple weeks. We also have Bob Potter and Bob Gada lined up, but no dates pinned down yet. We hope to do them before this season ends, but it's hard to do these interviews during the season while we're doing the weekly vids, track program and of course our real jobs and lives... so we're getting there. Hopefully more so in the off-season, but we're picking away at it during the summer as well. If you want to see the first episode or read more about our documentary film project, visit www.vault-productions.com

Thanks to all who help and support our projects
Hope you enjoy
Sid

Gil
07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I feel young again after seeing these great videos you produce!

Howie
07-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Another well done video by Sid and crew! Enjoyed it a bunch, and refreshed the ol' memory bank!

uticamike
07-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Good stuff Sid, nice work. There can never be too much of this vintage stuff shown. A great thing getting those stories from the old boys before their gone.

sid
07-09-2011, 11:21 AM
HAHA... I could listen to these guys' stories for days! Thanks for the kind words! :wave: