PDA

View Full Version : Frantz Holds On for 11th Place Finish

LongIslandJam
07-10-2011, 05:54 PM
After a disappointing week and uncertainty if he would even race, Paul Frantz did all he could to get the Associated Chiropractic/Haines Exxon #10 to Mountain Speedway. Help came from Orefield Auto Parts, Zeiner Fabrications, and of course Paul's dad Russ.

Originally, Todd Baer was going to race Paul's car after his hard crash two weeks earlier. Todd was grateful for the offer, but decided to race his other car elsewhere. "Todd has helped us out a lot this year. We didn't have the money to put new tires on the car so I said he could run the car since he was racing for points. Thursday night he decided not to so we decided to run the car and see what happened".

Paul started the 40 lap feature second, but would fall back to fourth on the start. He rode inside the top ten for quite a while fighting an ill-handling car. On a lap twenty-eight restart, Paul stopped to miss an accident in turn three. Unfortunately, he was forced to restart eleventh where he would stay for the remainder of the race.

After the race Paul stated:"The car was good early, but the tires just went away. All in all I'm content. The car's in one piece, I learned some things, and had fun."

Next up for the Frantz Racing Team is up in the air. The team may take off the next race and wait for the August 6th 75 Lap race at Mountain Speedway. For more information go to www.frantzracing10.com.