PDA

View Full Version : Where are you coming from?

limodmaniac
07-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Just curious how many people who don't live on Long Island put the Riverhead race on their schedule of races to hit.

Goldy
07-14-2011, 01:01 PM
If I understood the logistics better I could try and get there someday - (park, ferry, taxi or shuttle service to and from the track?).. From CT..

Back in the day on MSS, Flyboy used to offer up a seat on his plane to get there and back - I kinda wished I took him up on one of those offers..

Magicshoes12
07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
If I understood the logistics better I could try and get there someday - (park, ferry, taxi or shuttle service to and from the track?).. From CT..

Back in the day on MSS, Flyboy used to offer up a seat on his plane to get there and back - I kinda wished I took him up on one of those offers..

We usually take the ferry from New London to Orient Point and drive our own car, no need for taxi or shuttle. Then my father and I leave the track after the race go park on the pier and sleep in the car and take the ferry back to ct the next day. One of the best races of the season to go to, we've been doing the last 5 years straight and use to do it a bunch before that! You gotta go!

limodmaniac
07-14-2011, 10:13 PM

Ferry is approx 52 one way , any additional passengers is approx 15 one way. Search cross sound ferry for reservationds.

There is parking in new London if u want to come across very without a car. Helps to have someone on the island willing to pick u up. I might be able to help . Can even give lawn space for a tent and sleeping bags .

Send me a private message if you want more info

bud
07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Curious.....how far time wise from Twinstate?

limodmaniac
07-18-2011, 07:07 AM
probably 3 hours from twin state

SUfan
07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Maniac you couldn't give NH it's own place in the poll? Where's the respect?

limodmaniac
07-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Not sure how to fix that.. but you have more votes than MA/RI combined. Maybe I should have combined them.

As for combining VT and NH, I can't tell you how many times I went over that CT river this past weekend....

Would love to see the support of all the New England fans at Riverhead. It's the one time of the year, I don't have to hop on the ferry for a race!.... Wait, i'll be in Stafford the night before...looks like the 7 am ferry for me on July 30!

limodmaniac
07-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Time Event
9:30 a.m. Haulers Enter
10 a.m. Garage Opens
2-3:30 p.m. Practice
4:45 p.m. Qualifying
6 p.m. Driver/Crew Chief Meeting
6:30 p.m. Qualifying Race (25 Laps)
7:30 p.m. Driver Autograph Session
8:30 p.m. Race (175 Laps)