PDA

View Full Version : Canaan

stoningtonmodmania
07-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Ok not enough talk about this race on here. This is probably the biggest race in the VMRS history. How many guys are doing the double? How many cars are going to show up? Can we have a sweet nh double this weekend with a great pay day?

mattphoto
07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
weather is suspose to be great this weekend

bud
07-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Yup awesome weather and racing. Will it be a vmrs regular or an invader that is the question.

bud
07-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Boy would people **** if Newman showed......lol

modracer1
07-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Should be a great race, for a great cause. I know they aren't qualifying the Mods until like 7:15 so everyone has time to run up from NHMS. I think series officials are expecting around 40 cars. I know Matt H, TC, Coby, last years winner Eric Goodale, Stefanik, are confirmed and I've heard some other names kicked around. Hope everyone makes the trip up after Loudon.

bud
07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Gonna be such an awesome day! Hope tc's car goes through tech early!
Or maybe he should just drive jacks car! Be the first time in a while that car
Was in victory lane. Then maybe he would be a believer. Love ya jack!

wmass01013
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Should be a great race, for a great cause. I know they aren't qualifying the Mods until like 7:15 so everyone has time to run up from NHMS. I think series officials are expecting around 40 cars. I know Matt H, TC, Coby, last years winner Eric Goodale, Stefanik, are confirmed and I've heard some other names kicked around. Hope everyone makes the trip up after Loudon.

Thats the difference form the OLD DAYS. I KNOW NO ONE LIKES TO COMPARE, teams would pack up quick and fly over to canaan to race, now most will load up ther cars in the BIG RIGS and drive back to garage and wait til riverhead happens, too bad.

BigMac
07-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Is the 58 using the same car for both races? I think all of the other WMT tour guys are driving for different teams at Canaan. I agree, it would be nice to see some of the tour guys tow up to Canaan after NHMS like the old days. Looks like they have 30 teams. Given the amount of WMT drivers entered I expected a higher total car count. Still, one of the strongest fields of the season, if not the strongest.

zombo
07-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Thats the difference form the OLD DAYS. I KNOW NO ONE LIKES TO COMPARE, teams would pack up quick and fly over to canaan to race, now most will load up ther cars in the BIG RIGS and drive back to garage and wait til riverhead happens, too bad.
In the old days, you didn't have different sets of rules at every track and touring series. Maybe that's a bigger reason than anything else. If more tracks and series cooperated, then maybe we'd see some more traveling. Blaming the drivers is ignoring the real problem with asphalt modifieds.

shep 06
07-17-2011, 09:16 AM
58 Used a different car.

bud
07-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Amazing maybe I was suffering with heat stroke but it seemed they harassed the 00 last night jack dumped someone...got to keep his spot. The 1nh blatantly dumped the 00 yet john was looking somewhere else. Mr Barry seemed to think the 0 caused the scary problem on the front stretch.... again nothing done.....WWE could have done a better job of looking fair....lol. just hope they realize 2 things.....a lot of people in the stands were saying it was bs and a bunch drove from louden to watch TC and bought tickets to see a fairly affiliated race. The VMRS lost a lot of respect I'm my eyes last night........wonder if they tore him down too?

MXCHAMP04
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Amazing maybe I was suffering with heat stroke but it seemed they harassed the 00 last night jack dumped someone...got to keep his spot. The 1nh blatantly dumped the 00 yet john was looking somewhere else. Mr Barry seemed to think the 0 caused the scary problem on the front stretch.... again nothing done.....WWE could have done a better job of looking fair....lol. just hope they realize 2 things.....a lot of people in the stands were saying it was bs and a bunch drove from louden to watch TC and bought tickets to see a fairly affiliated race. The VMRS lost a lot of respect I'm my eyes last night........wonder if they tore him down too?I was also totally disgusted with that race. They put all the cars on the track and waste time and start 40 minutes late. Then the race before the MRS ends at 9:30 and they do all this bullsh** and drivers throwing frisbees in the stands and all this other shiot and the MRS doesnt start until 10:30, an hour later. Then for the first time in history they decide to redraw the first nine and the people who should have rightfully started in the first row got screwed and the guy who should have started more back ran away from the pole. It's a f****** joke. The race doesnt end until 11:50 and I don't get home until 2:30 in the morning. I was for the first time totally disgusted with this series.

bud
07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
You see mike sitting on the right front yawning and rubbing his eyes during that hr? I would like to point something out. When stafford kinda dissed the VMRS I defended this series as it is as good of racing as it gets no question about it. They do a ton of stuff right... very right but last night stevie wonder could have see the harassment of a driver that put fans in the stands. Ted is a hard racer and like all of them pushes the limits. I could also see him donating the winnings to davids house. He donates money to breast cancer research. Money for laps lead and wins. There are always 2 sides to each story. Did he get torn down last night? Why does this series seem to hate him so much??? Does Ted remind jack of punky or something. Did he not pay for an engine? What is it with the deep rooted obvious hatred here? I mean Ted changes lanes on the backstretch he's all but 6" past the 88 and Spence points the black flag at him???? Won't ever get a straight answer so ill let it go till next time...lol. if Mr spence would like to shoot me a message about last night to make me feel different about this id love to listen.......

uticamike
07-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Did some of you forget the theme of that race last night? Where do you think that fat purse came from? FYI Ricky's dad asked for the redraw to make the race more interesting for the fans. Seems some of the WMT snobs here didn't appreciate it. I hate to break this to you but the MRS doesn't need TC to put on a show. He gets away with stuff on the Tour but they don't tolerate it here. Teddy can donate to all the charities he
wants, doesn't make his cheatin' or bonzi moves any less obnoxious. Get over it.

limodmaniac
07-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Can someone explain was Eric Goodale was put to the rear early on in the race? The yellow came out for someone else, and while it was under yellow, Hinckley and Goodale came together. When race was ready to restart,Goodale was sent to the rear. He wasnt the cause of the yellow. Why was he put to the rear?

Gil
07-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Glad I went to the Waterford Speedbowl and got to bed early!!!

:)

bud
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Ok point out one bonzi move sat night....lol. point is if you don't treat everyone the same what have you got? A series that has favorites..... wow did I mention WWE. Mike are you afraid Hinkley and McKennedy cant run with him......id bet they can! Give them a chance to. I'm thinking you would be suprised. Mike do you post as goodfella somewhere....lol. I've been around a lot of these guys for yrs at Twinstate. Trust me they ALL bend the rules......soft tires trick trans...ect

phillie
07-19-2011, 06:11 PM
The hour of "bull****" as some one called it was for a good cause. Everyone put a lot of effort into raising money for David's House and they were celebrating this with all the awesome prizes that were donated. It is a lot of work to raise this kind of money and to hear people ***** about it sickens me. The race was decent in my opinion. Bud I think they are accepting applicants for tech seeing you know it all.

Ricky Miller would be thrilled with the event and his memory LIVES ON within us. This race means so much to so many people I just can not believe it is getting **** on.

Lest we forget the unfortunate until it is us in their shoes.....

Magicshoes12
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
After driving over from Loudon...I thought that was an awesome race compared to the other one. The interductions were lengthy and stuff but it was all for a good cause and was the main and big event for the VMRS, not every night $12,000 is paid out. The redraw for the top 9 was awesome, All of those kids there were having a blast, wish some of the drivers would have appriciated picking from them, I think the only one i saw was Eric Goodale actually give the kid a big hug after picking number, not just going over and flipping the number up and walking away like Ken Berry. Also when was the last time you got to see drivers throw frisbee's into the crowd?? I thought the pit party and the interactions with the crowd were great. Also does anyone want to talk about the track?? That placed was lightning fast, it really surprised me, being the first time i ever went to canaan. The Goodale/Hinkley incident did baffle me, the caution was already out and hinkley just ran over goodale under caution and goodale gets put to the back, made no sense. After blowing up at loudon, Stefanik had a steller run in the 66 car, along with Kirk, He was the only one passing on the outside it seemed. I thought it was great that Louie won as well, Last time he won on the VMRS was in 2007. Kinda fitting too, the entire theme color for the race was purple, and it just so happened to be that a Purple car wins the race!! I would definitely go back there for a modified race in a heartbeat!! Great cause, great race, and did anyone hear that the Miller Family had raised over $30,000 for the David's House of Lebonon, NH. After last year of raising around $12,000. Just in one year they have over doubled their first years earnings. I am glad to say that it's an amazing thing when you get the modified fans together for a great cause and have a great race to go with it!

uticamike
07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Shoes, great post. Glad some appreciate what that night meant to the Miller's and their great cause. Happy for Louie too.

10cc
07-20-2011, 06:43 AM
The hour of "bull****" as some one called it was for a good cause. Everyone put a lot of effort into raising money for David's House and they were celebrating this with all the awesome prizes that were donated. It is a lot of work to raise this kind of money and to hear people ***** about it sickens me. The race was decent in my opinion. Bud I think they are accepting applicants for tech seeing you know it all.

Ricky Miller would be thrilled with the event and his memory LIVES ON within us. This race means so much to so many people I just can not believe it is getting **** on.

Lest we forget the unfortunate until it is us in their shoes.....

It was a long night. I still have the sunburn on my neck to remind me:lol: Thanks to the Miller family and everyone else that made this race possible. Bud, Ted used his tires up early and sunk like a stone. BTW Bud what happened to the guy that spun Ted under caution in the qualifying race? Yeah, they only punish Teddy. And why would someone spin another car under caution in a heat race?

phillie
07-22-2011, 04:51 PM
$37,612 dollars was raised for David's House. Thanks to all that were involved in one way or another!! :applause:

bud
08-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Probably put to the rear cause I was down by the flagman holloring are u kidding me you are going to let that go????? Someone one the headset said something at that point and the 3 was put to the back. BTW the 3 car was already half way around. from the looks of it they better be a little more fair with the officiating. Lately don't look like they can afford to loose cars or fans!

10cc
08-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Probably put to the rear cause I was down by the flagman holloring are u kidding me you are going to let that go????? Someone one the headset said something at that point and the 3 was put to the back. BTW the 3 car was already half way around. from the looks of it they better be a little more fair with the officiating. Lately don't look like they can afford to loose cars or fans!

I believe the 3 was sent home for the night. That's a tiny bit harsher than put to the rear.:) The contact rule can cut both ways Ted isn't the first person to get put to the rear. My team has had it bite us and had it work the way it was intended. On to Waterford, with all 8 plug wires on this time, hopefully.;)